Author Topic: Top 10 Divine Persistent Spells by Level (For Future Handbook)  (Read 65343 times)

Bill Bisco: Eloquent Elf

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
Top 10 Divine Persistent Spells by Level

Using the Spells derived from this thread and organized in this other thread.  We will codify a smaller list of what we somewhat arbitrarily believe are the best 10 spells out of every level:

Work-in-Progress

Level 1:
1.Bless - Each ally gains +1 morale to attack +1 morale to Fear saves (Cleric 1, Paladin 1) (PHB)
2.Divine Favor - +1 Luck to attack and damage/3 CL (max +3) for non-spells (Cleric 1, Paladin 1) (PHB)
3.Blessed Aim - All allies gain +2 morale to ranged (Blackguard 1, Cleric 1, Paladin 1) (Spell Compendium)
4.Divine Sacrifice - Suffer 10 damage for First attack of each round it inflicts 5d6 extra damage, (Blackguard 1, Paladin 1) (Spell Compendium)
5.Critical Strike - Gain 1d6 Melee Sneak Attack Effectively, during sneak attack weapon is Keen, +4 Insight to Confirm Critical Threats (Bard 1) (Spell Compendium)
6.Focusing Chant - +1 Circumstance to Attacks, Skill Checks, Ability Checks (Bard 1) (Spell Compendium)
7.Improvisation - Gain 2 Luck Points/CL which can be spent to improve attack, skill, or ability check rolls, no check can spend more than 0.5 CL (Bard 1) (Spell Compendium)
8.Silverbeard - Gain +2 Sacred to AC, +2 Circumstance to Diplomacy with Dwarves
9.Linked Perception - Each ally (including caster) in 20 ft radius gain +2 Listen and +2 Spot per ally (Druid 2, Ranger 1) (Player's Handbook II)
10.Embrace the Wild - +2 Listen, Spot and gain either Low Light Vision, 30 ft. Blindsense or Scent (Druid 2, Ranger 1) (Spell Compendium)

Level 2:
1.Cloud of Knives- As free action attack target with flying magic knife within 30 ft, Attack =CL+Ability mod; Damage= 1d6+1/3CL (Max +5) 19-20 Crit; (Cleric 2) (Player's Handbook II)
2.Interfaith Blessing - Gain Attack, Damage, AC, Skill Checks or Saving Throw Bonuses depending on Deity Worshipped (Adept 2, Cleric 2, Druid 2, Shugenja 2) (Complete Champion)
3.Primal Instinct (Pointless) - +5 Competence to Initiative, Survival. +5 Competence to one knowledge skill with Dragonblood subtype.  Gain Uncanny dodge if other Primal spell active (Druid 3, Ranger 2) (Dragon Magic)
4.Haste, Swift - Gain Extra attack on Full attack, +1 Attack, +1 Dodge to AC, +1 Reflex Saves, +30 Enhancement to Speed (Ranger 2) (Spell Compendium)
5.Bite of the Wererat - +6 enh. to Dex, +2 En. to Con, +3 En. to Natural Armor, Bite attack for 1d4*1.5 Str, Weapon Finesse feat (Druid 2) (Spell Compendium)
6. Alter Self - Assume form of creature of your type with Hitdice=CL (max 5), gain Physical benefits of creature, +10 to Disguise (Bard 2) (PHB)
7.Battle Hymm - All allies may reroll a will save/round before success or failure is known (Bard 2) (Spell Compendium)
8.Balor Nimbus - Any creature in a grapple with you take 6d6 Fire Damage (Cleric 2) (Spell Compendium)
9.Strength of Stone - +8 Enh. to Str as long as 1 foot touches the ground (no jump, tumble, charge, or run) (Paladin 2) (Spell Compendium)
10.Elation - Allies gain +2 Morale to Str and Dex, +5 Speed (Bard 2, Cleric 2) (Book of Exalted Deeds)
Master Air - Gain Wings and fly Speed 90 (60 with medium or heavy armor) (Druid 2) (Spell Compendium)
11. Hunter's Eye - Gain 1d6 Sneak Attack/3 CL Stacks with current sneak attack (Ranger 2) (Player's Handbook II)

Level 3:
1. Soul of the Waste - Body melds into sand, dust, or loose earth that accomodates all dimensions.  Can cast spells on self and hear the surrounding area but cannot communicate.  Hard to damage (Cleric 3, Druid 3) (Sandstorm)
2. Masochism - Every 10 points of damage taken gives +1 Luck to Attack, Saves, Skill Checks (Blackguard 3, Cleric 3) (Book of Vile Darkness)
3. Sadism - Every 10 points of damage dealt grants +1 Luck to Attack, Saves, Skill Checks (Blackguard 3, Cleric 3) (Book of Vile Darkness)
4. Hymm of Praise - +2 Caster level to each Good Divine Spellcaster in 50ft, +4 Sacred bonus to Turn undead for good divine spellcasters and -4 for Evil Divine Spellcasters (Bard 3) (Spell Compendium)
5. Infernal Threnody - +2 Caster level to each Evil Divine Spellcaster in 50ft, +4 Profane bonus to Turn undead for evil divine spellcasters and -4 for good Divine Spellcasters (Bard 3) (Spell Compendium)
6. Evard's Menacing Tentacles - Gain 2 10 ft. Reach Tentacle attacks/round  for free action that deal 1d8+Str Tentacles threaten area and can make 1 attack of opportunity/round (Druid 3) (Player's Handbook II)
7. Blink - 50% miss chance, 20% chance for your attacks/spells to fail, 1/2 damage from area attacks, attack as invisible creature, move through solid walls (Bard 3) (PHB)
8. Cone of Euphoria - As standard action breathe a cone that causes euphoria, make Will Save or become dazed for 1d6 rounds (wait 1d4 rounds between uses) (Bard 3, Druid 4) (Dragons of Faerun)
9. True Prayer of the Chosen - +3 Insight to Saving Throws and AC, must recite Truename(Cleric 4, Paladin 3) (Tome of Magic)
10. Find the Gap - First Melee or Ranged Attack each round is a touch attack (Paladin 3, Ranger 3) (Spell Compendium)
11. Wreath of Flames - At end of turn, adjacent enemies take 1d6 Fire Damage, Melee attacks deal 1d6 extra damage (Druid 3) (Dragon Magic)  Gain Blind Fight Feat (Druid 3) (Spell Compendium)
12. Inspired Aim - All allies within 40 foot emanation get +2 Insight to Ranged Attacks (Bard 4, Cleric 3, Ranger 3) (Book of Exalted Deeds)
13. Prayer - Allies gain a +1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks, foes takes a -1 penalty on such rolls. (Cleric 3, Paladin 3) (PHB)
(14). Mystic Lash - Whip makes ranged touch attack for 1d6 electric/3 CL (max 4d6), make fort or be stunned, no Str to Damage but Cha to damage (Initiate of Bane 3) (Player's Guide to Faerun)

Level 4:
1. Divine Power - +6 Enh to Str, BAB=Character Level, 1 Temp HP/CL (Cleric 4) (PHB)
2. Recitation - Allies gain +2 Luck to AC, Attack, and Saving throws (3 if they worship the same deity as you) (Cleric 4) (Spell Compendium)
3. Sacred Haven - Allies gain +2 Sacred to AC, retain Dex to AC when flatfooted, awareness of health of all creatures in radius (Paladin 4) (Spell Compendium)
4. Mark of the Enlightened Soul - Spells gain Good Descriptor, spells cast of 3rd or lower deal +50% damage to evil creatures, sacrifice 5th-9th level sorceror spell slot to increases level of spells that Mark of the Enlightened Soul affects; dragonblood subtype end spell to activate Protection from Evil (Cleric 4) (Dragon Magic)
5. Touch of the Blackened Soul - Spells gain Evil Descriptor, spells cast of 3rd or lower deal +50% damage to good creatures, sacrifice 5th-9th level sorceror spell slot to increases level of spells that Touch of the Blackened Soull affects; dragonblood subtype end spell to activate Protection from Good (Cleric 4) (Dragon Magic)
6. Negative Energy Aura - Living creatures lose 1hp/3CL (max 5) while undead heal 2 hp/round (Cleric 4) (Spell Compendium)
7. Positive Energy Aura - Living creatures heal 1hp/3CL (max 5) while undead lose 2 hp/round (Cleric 4) (Spell Compendium)
8. Blessing of the Righteous - All allies deal 1d6 extra holy damage with attacks, and are considered Good-aligned (Cleric 4, Paladin 4) (Player's Handbook II)
9. Invisibility, Greater - As Invisibility, but spell doesn't end if you attack (Bard 4) (PHB)
10. Consumptive Field - Creatures with less than 0 hp and fail saving throws grant you 1d8 temp hp, +2 Str, and 1 CL (max 1/2 original CL) (Cleric 4) (Spell Compendium)
11. - +4 Enh to Charisma and Dexterity, Deflection Bonus to AC = Charisma, +8 to Perform, Swim 60 Feet, Breathe and attack normally under water (Bard 4, Druid 5) (Spell Compendium)
12. Mirror Image, Greater - As Mirror Image, but 1 image created every round (Max 8), spell ends if all images destroyed (Bard 4) (Player's Handbook II)

Level 5:
1. Righteous Wrath of the Faithful - Allies gain 1 additional attack/round (doesn't stack with haste), +3 Morale to Attack and Damage (Cleric 5) (Spell Compendium)
2. Blink, Greater - As blink but no risk of missing on own attacks, can ready action to completely negate attack (Bard 5) (Spell Compendium)
3. Lord of the Sky - Gain Fly Speed of 40 or 30 with medium or heavy armor, Use swift action to fire 60 ft ranged touch to deal 1 Electric damage/CL (max 20) and reduce Fly speed to 1/2 normal.  Activate Lightning Bolt to End Spell; if dragonblood grant 60 ft. instead or +10 fly speed (Shugenja 5) (Dragon Magic)
4. Bite of the Weretiger - +12 Enh to Str +4 Enh. to Dex, +6 Enh. to Con, +5 Enh. to Natural Armor, Gain 2 Claws and Bite for 1d8+Str and 2d6+0.5 Str, Multiattack, Blind-Fight, Power Attack (Druid 5) (Spell Compendium)
5. Righteous Might - x2 height, x8 weight, increase size by 1, +4 Size to Str, +2 Size to Con, +2 Enh to Natural Armor, Dr X/Evil depending on level, weapons increase in size as well (Cleric 5) (PHB)
6. Surge of Fortune (Doesn't work by RAW) - +2 Luck to Attack, Damage, Saving throws, AC, Skill checks, ability Checks, spell penetration checks; Can expend spell to make next roll a natural 20 if within 1 round of when the spell was first cast (Cleric 5) (Complete Champion)
7. Dragon Breath - Gain Breath Attack, usable every 1d4 rounds, with damage and area depending on dragon type chosen (Cleric 5) (Spell Compendium)
8. Phantom Stag - Conjure large stag with AC 20, 40 HP+5/CL with Anters for +10 1d8+9 damage (doubled on charge), trample for Reflex DC 18, Moves 20 Feet/CL max 300 feet.  Ignores terrain penalties to movement.  CL 12: Air Walk, +2 Deflection CL 14: Fly, +4 Deflection CL 16: Antlers Ghost touch and wounding, +6 Deflection CL: 18 Etherealness, +8 Deflection (Druid 5) (Spell Compendium)
9. Dimensional Jumper - Teleport 30 feet as a Move Action (Bard 5) (Complete Mage)
10. Unfettered Heroism - Gain Temporary Action Point each round (Bard 5) (Races of Eberron)

Level 6:
1. Bite of the Werebear - +16 Enh Str, +2 Enh Dex, +8 Enh Con, +7 Enh Natural Armor, Gain 2 Claws and Bite for 1d8+Str and 2d8+0.5 Str for bite, Gain Multiattack, Blind-Fight, Power Attack (Druid 6) (Spell Compendium)
2. Empyreal Esctasy - One Creature/Level Removes penalties due to pain, immune to mind-affecting effects, take only half damage from ranged and melee attacks, -4 penalty to skill checks, DC 15 Concentration to cast spells (Bard 6) (Book of Exalted Deeds)
3. - Swim Speed 30, Breathe underwater, DR 5/Cold Iron, +6 Enh to Dex, +2 Enh to Wisdom, +8 Enh to Cha (Bard 6) (Spell Compendium)
4. Spiritual Guardian - Translucent Knight parries attacks giving +6 deflection to AC, or command Knight using Standard action for it to attack 5 ft away Attack=BAB+Wis, Damage=1d8+1/3CL (max +10), or use move action for it to fight on its own using speed 60; use move action to change opponents (Cleric 6) (Complete Champion)
5. Visage of the Deity - +4 Enh. to Charisma, Smite Evil or Smite Good Ability, Darkvision 60, Acid, Cold, Electric Resistance 20 or Fire and Cold Resistance 20, DR 10/Magic, Spell Resistance 20 (Cleric 6) (Spell Compendium)
6. Eyes of the Oracle (Questionable RAW) - +2 Insight to AC, Reflex; if Dragonblood: Bonuses +3; Can ready Standard action at end of turn, if taken, spell ends  (Cleric 6) (Dragon Magic)
7. Stone Body - DR 10/Adamantine, Immune to Blindness, critical hits, ability damage, deafness, disease, drowning, poison, sunning, and spells or attacks that affect physiology or respiration, +4 Enh to Str, -4 penalty to Dex, Speed halved (Cleric 6) (Spell Compendium)
8. Vigorous Circle - Once creature/2 CL within 30 feet gain Fast Healing 3 (Cleric 6, Druid 6) (Spell Compendium)
9. Symbol of Thirst - Those within 60 ft of Symbol must immediately drink all containers of liquid, when no liquid remains subjects fly into a rage and attack anyone they can (Cleric 6) (Spell Compendium)
10. Make Manifest, Mass - 25 ft emanation on point of space forces everything there to enter caster's plane, and removes ability of creatures to enter other planes (Cleric 6) (Spell Compendium)

Anklebite

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I shall play you the song of my people.
Re: Top 10 Divine Persistent Spells by Level (For Future Handbook)
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 02:56:00 AM »
I wholeheartedly support this.

also, reserve several posts. you will need them.
I do not suffer from paranoia; I enjoy every second of it.
Pioneer of the Ultimate Magus + Sublime Chord + Ultimate Magus combo

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 09:27:05 AM »
2:  Wraithstrike, Swift Haste (both available to Archivists):  All melee attacks are touch attacks, persistable haste
4:  Recitation:  You and allies gain defensive and offensive bonuses
5:  Righteous Wrath of the Faithful:  You and everyone around you gets an extra melee attack and other bonuses
9:  Shapechange: Be anything, do anything
9:  Giant Size:  Gain massive bonuses to strength and con, get really big.  Wu Jen spell that's also in the Hero Domain for Clerics.

I forget which level Vigorous Circle is on.  Fast Healing 3 for all.

JaronK

Widow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 12:00:16 PM »
L2 Ranger: Haste, Swift
L4 Cleric: Divine Power
L4 Cleric/Blackguard: Battlearms (Dragon 356)
L4 Sky Domain: Aerial Alacrity
L4 Cleric: Infernal Transmoration, Lesser [Evil]
L4 Cleric: Holy Transformation, Lesser [Good]
L5 Cleric: Righteous Might
L6 Bard: Snow Song
L7 Cleric: Holy Transformation [Good]
L7Infernal Transformation [Evil]
L8 Cleric: Veil of Undeath [Evil]
L9 Cleric: Greater Visage of the Deity

I notice most of you list stops at 3 so far, I would go higher even if you did not plan it due to divine metamagic.  Even lacking divine metamagic, Practical metamagic, Easy metamagic, and capstones of Incantrix and Dweomerkeeper all reduce persistent spell further.

Maybe we need an arcane section too if we are going to get into arcane/divine spell conversion, especially with the archivist.  Ha, boy I am pushy.

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 12:17:57 PM »
The list is a work-in-progress, so it's not done yet, and certainly open to other's suggestions.  :D Yes, there needs to be a separate top 10 Arcane Persistent spells by level.

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 01:49:42 PM »
I think that's the list unless someone has something they think is more powerful in the list. 

@Widow, I haven't seen Battlearms, you'd have to give me a detailed description for me to see if it's superior to the spells in the list.

Nunkuruji

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 01:59:37 PM »
Mystic Lash, PGTF

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 02:08:45 PM »
Thanks, you've reminded me that I purposely neglected Domain Spellls and Initiate Spells from my Divine Persistable Spell List.

I'd probably have it replace Inspired Aim, but I'll just add it to the list in Parentheses

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 04:33:38 PM »
Wow I have been waiting for this day. (I even asked over the years for someone else to do so)

If you want ideas of which spells to dig up and rate, I have a TON of info on this. If I post it do you promise to not get overloaded and give up?  ;)
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 04:43:02 PM »
Yeah, when you posted back in the other thread, I made a note to eventually make this thread, and it was a good idea.  It's also kinda funny how there's just a plethora of unappealing Persistable Spells.

Go ahead and post, but if it's REALLY REALLY BIG, please consider using Spoiler tags ;)

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 02:40:23 AM »
Okay. Since you promised you won't get overloaded...

First you might consider page numbers.

Second you should seperate the fixed vs mildly variable questionable interpretation spell grouping.

Thirdly you should then include a Reach and Occular spell section for those who like to persist just about anything (is there anything you can't persist with this?)

This information is incomplete and I take no responsibilty for its horrible shape:[s[spoiler]
redirect spell Shing South 48

Ray Deflection Wiz4 (SpC 167) immune to ray spells

Spellcaster's bane [CM118] (wiz3) = 5ranks spell-> in line of sight recognize spells cast (as long as see or hear) 15ranks-> know CL also

Sheltered Vitality = immune to ability damage of any kind

5 Persistant metamagics:
Righteous Might 5 +4Str, +2Con, +2Nat, 9/good, +1 Size

Iron body (via wish) DR15/adamantine, immune to blindness, critical hits, ability score damage, deafness, disease, drowning, electricity, poison, stunning, pressures, and all spells or attacks that affect your physiology or respiration, +6 strength, -6 Dex, 50% movement speeds, -8ACP, no swim, vulnerable to rust, 10x weight, only 50% damage from acid and fire

Improved Blink 5 50% miss chance on physical attacks, 75%movement speed -50% AoE nukes, 50% chance spells against me don't work, +2attack roles as invisible, can ready action against 1 enemy to have attack/spells auto-miss, may move through physical objects as long as end turn on material plane else 1d6/5' to nearest open square

Mirror Image Wiz2 (1d4 images per 3CL, 8 max) gives 87.5% miss chance on all non-AOEs, hit destroys the image (AC=10+size+dex), sight & hearing does not hep determine which is real

Fire shield (via wish) close melee attackers take 1d6+1,fire immunity, cold nukes give evasion ability

trollshape wiz4 (phb2 128) 30temp hp, ability and form of troll

alliance undone cleric 4 (Ex Ev 28) suppress all alliance benefits but is "1 minute duration" not 1r/lvl

USE SCINTILLATING SCALES (wiz2 SpC 182) to tranform nat -> defl (then WS into something different...)

Spell turning = Wiz7 core turns 1d6+4 spell levels

Mind Blank (via wish) immune to detect, influence thoughts or emotions, mind-affecting spells, and information gathering, like divination so no scrying

Magic Fang 3 (Druid) All day +2 natural weapons -> magical

energy immunity (cleric,Druid6) 24 hours immune to 1 energy type

also the staff spell is used up to make the last miracle

enhance wild shape (spell compendium)

PERMANENCY: Resistance Superior, Reduce Person

Wiz 1: Kauper's Skittish nerves = +5ini (typeless bonus)
Barkskin (druid 2) = +5 nat enhancement bonus

Channeled Divine Shield
Corona of Cold
Vigor, Lesser Mass
Ice Axe
Balor's Nimbus
Cloud of Blades
Darkfire
Fly, Swift

Righteous Wrath of the Faithful (whole party gets haste in melee and stat boosts)
Vigorous Circle (basically improved Lesser Mass Vigor)
Recitation

Delay Death Cler4 (SpC 116) = -10HP does NOT kill you but you still may go unconscious (may still be dissintegrated, etc)

Holy Star Cler7(SpC 116) = +6AC circumstance bonus

positive energy aura Cler4 (SpC 162) = +1HP for all alies in 10'but NOT you

revenance Cler4 (SpC 176) = temporarily revive (50%hp) touched dead ally only dead for 1round/level for 1min/level

allows you to bypass the revive outsider only 1round dead restriction since the above spell resets the 'dying' time

True Casting (CM): The counterpart to True Strike, though not so dominating. At a certain point Assay SR replaces some of its use, but its still worth hanging on to if only because it can be popped out of an Arcane Fusion.

Glitterdust : Vision is a key part of your game.
Dimension Hop (PHII): I really like it. It's a little bit that does its job, without a lot of backtalk.

Alter Fortune (PHII): Its reasons like Alter Fortune that in a game with lots of open source material save-or-dies tend to become less than terrifying. If it's allowed, it's a spell you just take, XP drain be damned.

Primal Senses (DM): +5 competence to initiative is not worth being the first 3rd level spell you know, but don't forget to get it eventually, especially if you have Knowstone access.

Heart of Water (CM): Freedom of Movement on a third level spell as a swift activation action. As an extra special bonus, you get a swim speed and water breathing! There's a lot to like. In fact, with Knowstones it is a good idea to pick up all the Heart spells for immunity to critical hits with an elemental source, something that is very hard to get around (No crystals for it, or spells iirc).

Assay SR (SC): For those days when you want to do something other than chuck Orbs at it. Rare days, but they happen. Usually shunked into an Arcane Fusion with something else like True Strike or True Casting.

Greater Invisibility: It's very hit or miss for a battle, but when it hits, it hits hard.

Arcane Fusion (CM): Action efficiency is your friend. This is particularly handy for getting off some fourth level Ranged Touch Spell with a True Strike attached. Or a SR:Yes spell with a True Cast. A notable limitation is that you can't shove metamagic into one of these until/unless you get Arcane Spellsurge up.

Surge of Fortune (C Champ): Wait guys: this is a CLERIC spell. For once, they got something good. The way you cast this is a Limited Wish, probably inside a Greater Fusion with a True Strike tagged on. The specific reason you want it, is once active, an immediate action gives you a automatic natural 20 on your next roll. Autocritting one of your extreme DD spells could be worth the XP cost of Limited Wish, especially if you're setting up in a Time Stop. It doesn't really have defensive value for us, not only because of the XP cost, but the short duration. It costs TWO combat actions to use, which is too much to spend on D. Just have a MoP ready to drop instead.

Undying Vigor of the Dragonlords (DM): While the 1 round casting time makes this a quirky choice in most builds, Arcane Spellsurge makes it practical. Being able to use metamagic to multiply the effect makes you into a good self healer, if the need arises. This is what I usually carry (Maximized) inside a Contingency.

Arcane Spellsurge (DM): This is arguably your best individual spell, allowing you to cast a metamagic spell and a normal spell each turn. If you need two normal spells, you can make one of them Invisible to lengthen its casting time. If you need two metamagic spells, you can use a fast metamagic ability from Sorc 1 (Metamagic Specialist, PHB II) or Incantatrix 7/9 to fit them in. Also very noteworthy, is that with Spellsurge active, Arcane Fusions cost a swift action to cast AND can be fitted with metamagic spells (which now have a casting time of 1 standard action), giving you another way to shove two metamagic spells into one turn.

Limited Wish: This is useful if someone else in your party likes save or dies and needs a bit of help. You have enough actions that you can often throw a Limited Wish on someone for a -7 to saves. Metamagic-Enervation is usually better, but it requires a Ranged Touch Attack to hit (if it doesn't have Ray Deflection, you shouldn't be resorting to Wizard Save or Dies). This is also the way you cast Surge of Fortune, probably the most broken individual spell I've bothered to mention here. This is especially useful for low Epic play to maximize damage efficiency per high level slot expended.

Greater Arcane Fusion (CM): Another real winner here. Marrying a True Strike to a Twinimaxed Force Orb is a staple attack that deals a nearly unavoidable 120 damage.
Moment of Prescience: This is a simply wonderful must have buff. Need a True strike but can't squeeze it in and still deal enough damage? Drop the MoP. Ugly Beastie Banshee Wails? Drop the MoP. Freaky tree thing returns some unknown Fort Save to sender as you kill it with Fire Orbs? You BETTER be dropping that MoP. The best part? It's a FREE action. The difference between a free action defensive maneuver and an immediate one is HUGE for this build.

Foresight : Battle starts. You are never never flat footed. You cast Celerity; you go first. This is countered if assaulted by enemies immune to Divination.

Conviction (SC 1) [+2 +1/6lvls max 5 morale to saving throws]
Shield of Faith (SRD 1) [+2 +1/6lvls deflection AC]
Divine FavorP (SRD 1) [+1luck attack and damage/3lvls max 3]

Elation (BoED 2) [+2 morale str/dex, +5feet]
Brambles (SC 2) (+1 enhancement dmg/lvl max 10)

Recitation (SC 4) [+2 luck: AC, attack, saving throws, +3 if worships same diety]
Divine PowerP (SRD 4) [BAB=CharLvL, +6enhancement str]]
Sheltered Vitality (SC 4) [immunity to fatigue, exhaustion, ability damage, ability drain]
Freedom of Movement (SRD 4)
Death Ward (SRD 4) [immune to all death spells, magical death effects, energy drain, any negative energy effects]
Greater Blindsight (SC 4) [blindsight 60ft]

Righteous MightP (SRD 5) [+1 size, +4 size str, +2 size con, +2 enhancement nat armor, DR 3,6,9/evil]
Righteous Wrath of the Faithful (SC 5) [+1 attack at highest BAB, +3 morale attack/damage]
Divine Agility (SC 5) [+10 enhancement dex]

Inner Beauty (Bard4) [FC1 95] +4dex, cha SACRED but is 400+40/CL...

Holy TransformationP (SC 7) [+4 sacred: str, con, saving throws, DR5/evil, -2attack/saving throws within 10feet]
Holy Star (SC 7) [see description]

StormrageP (SC 8) [fly 40, immune to thrown/projectile ranged attacks, lightning attack]
Holy Aura (SRD 8) [+4deflection AC, +4resistance saves, SR25vs evil]
Antimagic Field (SRD 8)

Greater Visage of the DeityP (SC 9) [+1 nat armor, +4 str/con/wis/cha, +2dex/int, DR10/magic etc see description]
Miracle duplicating Bite of the WerebearP (SC 9 dup SC druid 6) [+16 enhancement str, +2 dex, +8 con, +7 nat armor, gain claw/bite attacks]

Vigor
Lesser (SC 1) [fast healing 1]
Regular (SC 3) [fast healing 2]
Greater (SC 5) [fast healing 4]

holy transformation gives a +4 sacred bonus to str con and saving throws[/spoiler]

Some More of other people's:
[Spoiler]
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 02:41:00 AM »
No, this isn't a double post.

I overloaded the 40k letter limit  :D

Yet another list:
[Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]

Ikeren

• Email
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2010, 03:01:08 AM »
Heh, glad to see that going around.

That is soooooooooooooooooooooo not a persistable spell.

Akalsaris

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2010, 04:50:04 AM »
No, but we just got 1 of those in a game I'm in! 

It went something like this:
The DM was like, "Oh yeah, and the Admiral you killed was carrying an Admiral's Bicorne and a Captain's Coat from Stormwrack, by the way." 
Everyone else: "Um, OK..."
Me:  :D :D :D :D

Anklebite

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I shall play you the song of my people.
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2010, 01:52:40 PM »
...did someone neglect to mention to him how awesome the bicorn is? and I'm not just talking about looks here.
I do not suffer from paranoia; I enjoy every second of it.
Pioneer of the Ultimate Magus + Sublime Chord + Ultimate Magus combo

Caelic

• Hong Kong
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2010, 10:50:06 PM »
I'm also very fond of Instant Search and Instant Locksmith.  Being able to Search every round as a free action is downright handy--especially if your DM is fond of traps.

Widow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2010, 12:46:01 PM »
I think that's the list unless someone has something they think is more powerful in the list. 

@Widow, I haven't seen Battlearms, you'd have to give me a detailed description for me to see if it's superior to the spells in the list.

I have not seen this thread in awhile and was looking for more spells to persist, when I saw I missed your comment.

Battlearms works just like divine power for all states and spell statistics but for 2 exceptions. 

1) Instead of the Str bonus you get an extra set of arms and an additional set at level 12.  You can freely multiweapon fight with these following the normal rules for multiple weapons (well except you can use two-weapon fighting with them instead of multiweapon fighting).  Alternatively using rules in savage species, you can use up to 8 arms on one twohanded weapon, each arm adding in half your str again.

2) It is on the Blackguard list.  Blackguards don't get alot of spell love.  I could make for an interesting multiweapon fighting build.

More spells to add to the list:
L9 Miracle: Its duration matches whatever you are copying, so why not.
L4 Freedom of Movement
L8 Holy/Unholy Aura
L9 Choose Destiny (Races of Destiny)  Roll twice for everything and take the better result.

Caelic

• Hong Kong
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2010, 02:18:22 PM »
EDIT:  Nevermind, not a valid spell given the thread topic.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 02:20:23 PM by Caelic »

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2010, 05:01:08 PM »
Dragon #349 Chameleon Crafting feat, can let Psi powers onto Magic Scrolls.
Then the Wizard or Archivist (or similar) copies it into their spellbook.
Boingo.
Almost all psi powers over onto magic whatever.

I don't remember a Persist list ever being done on 3.5e psi.
3.0e had it ... boring/weak.

jameswilliamogle

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2010, 05:30:37 PM »
Maybe add the schools for each of these spells?  For cross-class learning purposes (ie Advanced Learning)?