Author Topic: OOC Discussion  (Read 63121 times)

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
Re: OOC Discussion
« Reply #260 on: July 10, 2010, 05:35:45 PM »
Announce what?

Again, Curyll should easily be able to maneuver so that he can take a shot at the priest without any cover. For example, moving seven squares diagonally northeast in a straight line (To J1) would accomplish that just fine.
Most excellent :)
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #261 on: July 11, 2010, 03:06:35 PM »

I'm thinking I might actually leave Gol where he is. On his turn, Golkonda could use Magic Weapon against either the Dragonshield or the Skirmisher and give his bonus to Aanna, Amnon, and Min, then do whatever he wants with his move. Amnon I might slide one square south, so that he remains adjacent to one of the Dragonshields. The other is marked anyway, so it's likely he'll attack Amnon - but if I leave Amnon where he is, he'll be able to keep shifting into a flanking position and back out of melee range. I see what you tried to do there, Venn. :P

If anyone disagrees, now's the time. :D

I'm fine with it.... not that I had much options anyway :rollseyes

Get the ball rolling, Agita  :smirk

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #262 on: July 11, 2010, 06:13:55 PM »
Agita, I don't see how you could place your close blast where you did. It's a blast 3, and you've got it covering squares from column K through N. That's 4 squares, not 3.

Guys, is the Grid lettering not clear enough? Is the map too small? I need to know this stuff, if you're having trouble reading it, so I can make changes.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #263 on: July 11, 2010, 06:15:57 PM »
Agita, I don't see how you could place your close blast where you did. It's a blast 3, and you've got it covering squares from column K through N. That's 4 squares, not 3.
Yeah, I obviously don't know my alphabet. It's supposed to go to M - not that it would matter much since there's noone in the N column anyway. The map is fine, if a bit big - you might want to crop it to focus on the action.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #264 on: July 11, 2010, 06:21:19 PM »
Thanks, just wanted the clarification.

Unfortunately, your push positioning is what would apply to D1, not D2. You technically can't push him anywhere, since a push is aimed directly away from the attacker, and you'd have to push him into the kobold in N7. I'll allow you to push him into M7, but that's about as much as I can do. For the hell of it, I'll even let you slam him into the boulder, doing an extra 1d6 points of damage. :)
Good thing I rolled it this time, because you got max damage from that bonus. :D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 06:49:55 PM by VennDygrem »

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #265 on: July 11, 2010, 06:55:47 PM »
Incorrect. Every square of movement needs to place him further away from Aanna; moving him north accomplishes this just fine.

Push: When you push a creature, each square you move it must place it farther away from you.
There are no other qualifications to where a creature can be pushed. Whether he moves directly away from her is irrelevant, so long as he ends up farther away.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #266 on: July 11, 2010, 07:01:25 PM »
Incorrect. Every square of movement needs to place him further away from Aanna; moving him north accomplishes this just fine.

Push: When you push a creature, each square you move it must place it farther away from you.
There are no other qualifications to where a creature can be pushed. Whether he moves directly away from her is irrelevant, so long as he ends up farther away.
This is how my group has always played it as well, for what it's worth.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #267 on: July 11, 2010, 07:25:23 PM »
My groups have always played it as what makes sense for a push, just that. Otherwise it would be a slide.
If you push him to column L or K, that is in some way pushing him closer to you, or almost pulling. Even if it is moving farther away vertically, it is moving closer horizontally. Plus, the origination point is from the opposite direction. I might allow it had you moved to M10 rather than K10, but I've got to enforce differences between the different forced movement types and even if you argue that you can't bring logic into D&D, as the DM I am allowed to beg differently. :)
Honestly, it's stupid for a power to be able to push someone in the opposite direction that it logically should, ie: the point of origin.

But if you're that upset by it, and would rather him be moved than take extra damage, I can budge this time. Just be a little more careful and mindful of how you use these things in the future. I don't want to have to butt heads over this again. I don't need you guys Rules Lawyering this game. That's my job. :P

Anyway, this makes my job easier, since now that kobold is less damaged, and is now flanking Mytos. Thanks, Agita. :P
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 07:30:28 PM by VennDygrem »

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #268 on: July 11, 2010, 07:37:10 PM »
I'm not upset, it's just that's what the rules say, and it's the assumption I've been going by - not only in this game, but in all games I've played a character with push powers. If you're going to rule that push powers work this way instead, then I'll change the assumption for this game - but if I had known beforehand, I likely would've pushed the 'bold to Q5 instead.

I discussed this move before - I'm well aware of the flanking position.

Also, I'm a min-maxer like you. Don't take my rules-lawyering away. :P
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 07:39:48 PM by Agita »

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #269 on: July 11, 2010, 07:41:32 PM »
I'm not upset, it's just that's what the rules say, and it's the assumption I've been going by - not only in this game, but in all games I've played a character with push powers. If you're going to rule that push powers work this way instead, then I'll change the assumption for this game - but if I had known beforehand, I likely would've pushed the 'bold to Q5 instead.

I discussed this move before - I'm well aware of the flanking position.

Also, I'm a min-maxer like you. Don't take my rules-lawyering away. :P

Like me? No, you guys take it to a whole other level. :D

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #270 on: July 11, 2010, 07:53:31 PM »
So, are you ruling that pushes must lead directly away from the caster? In that case, feel free to keep the oiginal retcon. I'd rather have consistency than a beneficial ruling once, then the opposite for the rest of the campaign.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #271 on: July 11, 2010, 08:06:43 PM »
We'll go it all of your way, since I'm outnumbered. :)

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #272 on: July 12, 2010, 03:06:44 PM »
Just a quick FYI, I'll be without a PC for a couple of days starting tomorrow (hopefully I'll have it back before the weekend, but I can't promise anything).
Feel free to NPC Curyll if necessary. Just assume I'm hunting down that Wyrmpriest first.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #273 on: July 12, 2010, 03:07:52 PM »
Might want to use Wolf Fang Strike on the priest too, just in case the extra 2 or so damage make a difference. :D

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #274 on: July 12, 2010, 04:16:13 PM »
Well, that's for you guys to decide if my turn hasn't come up by tomorrow morning. That's the last time I'll be able to post.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #275 on: July 12, 2010, 06:47:03 PM »
I don't think Golkonda will do anything to change your action, so feel free to post. If he does, I'll make the necessary alterations to your actions.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #276 on: July 12, 2010, 07:29:50 PM »
Thanks, gimme a couple of minutes :)

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #277 on: July 12, 2010, 10:38:38 PM »
Man, Rangers are brutal. :P
I'm going to wait for Golkonda/Risada's post before posting the results. To maintain continuity. :P

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #278 on: July 12, 2010, 11:21:40 PM »
Anyone needs to move around? I was thinking on using Telekinetic Leap, if needed...

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #279 on: July 13, 2010, 04:32:01 AM »
What kind of lame power is 'heart' anyway? :P