Author Topic: OOC Discussion  (Read 63384 times)

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
Re: OOC Discussion
« Reply #240 on: July 09, 2010, 08:46:07 PM »
I just noticed this: Flay, why did you double-move to L4? You can get there with one move at speed 6. Keep in mind, guys, that moving diagonally only costs one square of movement at all times in 4E.

So Flay, you've still got a Standard Action.  :D

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #241 on: July 09, 2010, 10:55:36 PM »
Weeeeell then, guess what I'm doing with that?  :lol

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #242 on: July 09, 2010, 10:59:20 PM »
Pick your nose?
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #243 on: July 09, 2010, 11:03:00 PM »
Pick your nose?
Aren't you supposed to be bleeding to death?  :P Edited my original action post.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #244 on: July 09, 2010, 11:14:11 PM »
Pick your nose?
Aren't you supposed to be bleeding to death?  :P Edited my original action post.
I'm at 7 hp thanks to my defender-level hp (Con as a secondary stat ftw). But I'd still be at a far more comfortable 14 if not for tallan taking the Wizard mentality to heart a little too much. :P
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #245 on: July 09, 2010, 11:56:37 PM »
Well, he just didn't pay attention, that's all. It happens to all of us sometimes. He'll just be more careful next time (when you're using your new character :P)

tallan

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #246 on: July 10, 2010, 04:42:40 AM »
I knew where I was putting it, but messed up the coordinates. It would have only hit the two targets named but it's fair to center it there as well as that spot shared one of the components of what I stated. I'll certainly try to leave no ambiguity next time.
Deep in the tomb of indelible gloom, an angel waits to die.
High on the peak, where only fools seek, a dragon tried to get high.
To which one we go, well f*ck if I know, the point is to question why.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #247 on: July 10, 2010, 09:22:05 AM »
Can I have an up-to date map? :flutter It would be very helpful, since I'm planning to do some heavy repositioning. EDIT: Nevermind, I've got it figured out. It would be helpful, but not necessary.

EDIT 2: Come to think of it, had the Dishearten been centered at L-11, not M-10 or L-10, it would have hit only the Dragonshield and the Skirmisher. That would preserve tallan's original intent more than targeting it on L-10, methinks. Right? :flutter

EDIT 3: Oh, are the sides of the road difficult terrain or something?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 12:21:23 PM by Agita »

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #248 on: July 10, 2010, 12:51:56 PM »
No. The only difficult terrain here is in the bushes that I mentioned, as well as certain squares around the boulders (whichever ones look to have lots of small but sizable rocks in them).

I usually don't update the map more than once a round since updating near the end is pretty close to updating near the beginning, but if that's the case I'll make an exception.

As for the positioning, that's true, and I while I went primarily with the information granted to me by tallan, I ought to have just gone literal if nothing, in the interest of moving things along. Regardless, L11 is a longshot from M10, so I'm sure in the future we'll see more accurate positioning so you guys don't get fried again.

::Updated.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 12:58:27 PM by VennDygrem »

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #249 on: July 10, 2010, 12:58:58 PM »
I usually don't update the map more than once a round since updating near the end is pretty close to updating near the beginning, but if that's the case I'll make an exception.
Like I said, it's not entirely necessary, I've got it figured out.

As for the positioning, that's true, and I while I went primarily with the information granted to me by tallan, I ought to have just gone literal if nothing, in the interest of moving things along. Regardless, L11 is a longshot from M10, so I'm sure in the future we'll see more accurate positioning so you guys don't get fried again.
How is it a longshot? It's an adjacent square. Looks to me like tallan just messed up reading the coordinates of the square he was targeting.

EDIT: Case in point: Isn't that third D supposed to be in M7? :P

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #250 on: July 10, 2010, 01:05:34 PM »

How is it a longshot? It's an adjacent square. Looks to me like tallan just messed up reading the coordinates of the square he was targeting.

L11 is a longshot because it couldn't have been a typo. :P

And no, if you read the action, you'd find that it is supposed to be N7.

The kobold then retreats to N7.

So there. Thought you caught me off-guard, eh?  :lmao

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #251 on: July 10, 2010, 01:22:24 PM »
Quick question: do my allies grant cover/whatever to the enemy kobolds if I try to shoot them?
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #252 on: July 10, 2010, 01:24:54 PM »

L11 is a longshot because it couldn't have been a typo. :P
The way I see it, it's not a lognshot because it's close enough that it could still have been an honest mistake. (Definitely not a typo, but getting the row and line wrong by one? Easy.) :P

Anyway, it doesn't much matter to me. I just rolled my attack rolls and the -2 didn't matter in either.

And no, if you read the action, you'd find that it is supposed to be N7.

The kobold then retreats to N7.

So there. Thought you caught me off-guard, eh?  :lmao
Yeah, I was just testing you. :P

Posting now. I'm currently figuring out how to make the best of my less than ideal rolls (I hit exactly the wrong Dragonshield).
EDIT: All of the Dragonshields are currently marked by Amnon, right? Flay, would you mind having to deal with a second kobold? :D
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 01:26:36 PM by Agita »

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #253 on: July 10, 2010, 01:54:10 PM »
Quick question: do my allies grant cover/whatever to the enemy kobolds if I try to shoot them?

Allies don't provide cover to enemies. Other enemies do, however. If this is in regards to your first round of actions, I took that into account. If it's in regards to your next round of actions, feel free to shoot up your friends. :P

@Agita: Yeah, they're all marked.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #254 on: July 10, 2010, 02:49:13 PM »

Allies don't provide cover to enemies. Other enemies do, however. If this is in regards to your first round of actions, I took that into account. If it's in regards to your next round of actions, feel free to shoot up your friends. :P

@Agita: Yeah, they're all marked.
It's for future reference :)
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

tallan

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #255 on: July 10, 2010, 02:51:44 PM »
L-11 was indeed where I intended, and I did misalign the the coordinates. I accept the interpretation of where Venn put it, but I'm going to try hard to keep from being another tool for our demise.
And just so you all know, I have been checking this almost every day since I came back so it shouldn't be too much of a wait between my posts when they are needed, provided I get some indication.
Deep in the tomb of indelible gloom, an angel waits to die.
High on the peak, where only fools seek, a dragon tried to get high.
To which one we go, well f*ck if I know, the point is to question why.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #256 on: July 10, 2010, 04:49:30 PM »
Still pondering where to put Golkonda and Amnon. If you want to chime in, now's the time. :P

I'm thinking of pushing one of the Dragonshields to K4, where Gerand can handle him. This would mean the Dragonshield and Wyrmpriest are flanking Gerand, but if the latter is attacking Mytos with a MBA, he's not throwing annoying ranged attacks or AoEs at us, and before the former goes, Gerand can take his own turn to break the flank. If I put the Dragonshield in a different square, it would be easy for him to move back into the fray and go after Amnon and our squishies (and right now, yes, Aanna counts :p). Curyll's movement speed is high enough to ignore the cover the Dragonshield would grant the Wyrmpriest.
I'm thinking I might actually leave Gol where he is. On his turn, Golkonda could use Magic Weapon against either the Dragonshield or the Skirmisher and give his bonus to Aanna, Amnon, and Min, then do whatever he wants with his move. Amnon I might slide one square south, so that he remains adjacent to one of the Dragonshields. The other is marked anyway, so it's likely he'll attack Amnon - but if I leave Amnon where he is, he'll be able to keep shifting into a flanking position and back out of melee range. I see what you tried to do there, Venn. :P

If anyone disagrees, now's the time. :D

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #257 on: July 10, 2010, 05:17:45 PM »
Still pondering where to put Golkonda and Amnon. If you want to chime in, now's the time. :P

I'm thinking of pushing one of the Dragonshields to K4, where Gerand can handle him. This would mean the Dragonshield and Wyrmpriest are flanking Gerand, but if the latter is attacking Mytos with a MBA, he's not throwing annoying ranged attacks or AoEs at us, and before the former goes, Gerand can take his own turn to break the flank. If I put the Dragonshield in a different square, it would be easy for him to move back into the fray and go after Amnon and our squishies (and right now, yes, Aanna counts :p). Curyll's movement speed is high enough to ignore the cover the Dragonshield would grant the Wyrmpriest.
I'm thinking I might actually leave Gol where he is. On his turn, Golkonda could use Magic Weapon against either the Dragonshield or the Skirmisher and give his bonus to Aanna, Amnon, and Min, then do whatever he wants with his move. Amnon I might slide one square south, so that he remains adjacent to one of the Dragonshields. The other is marked anyway, so it's likely he'll attack Amnon - but if I leave Amnon where he is, he'll be able to keep shifting into a flanking position and back out of melee range. I see what you tried to do there, Venn. :P

What, me, the DM, try to set up my pawns for some larger strategy? You're just overthinking things.  :flutter
Kobolds are shifty buggers though, aren't they? :P

Seriously, though, I'm making things up to you guys. Should I announce it now, or after the fight? :P

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #258 on: July 10, 2010, 05:23:53 PM »

As long as you don't hamper my ability to attack the Wyrmpriest without him getting cover anything's fine with me :)

@Venn: Wait until after the fight :)

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #259 on: July 10, 2010, 05:25:22 PM »
Announce what?

Again, Curyll should easily be able to maneuver so that he can take a shot at the priest without any cover. For example, moving seven squares diagonally northeast in a straight line (To J1) would accomplish that just fine.