Author Topic: OOC Discussion  (Read 63132 times)

tallan

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Re: OOC Discussion
« Reply #200 on: June 29, 2010, 01:20:37 AM »
I'll try to post around 9pm most days.
Deep in the tomb of indelible gloom, an angel waits to die.
High on the peak, where only fools seek, a dragon tried to get high.
To which one we go, well f*ck if I know, the point is to question why.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #201 on: June 29, 2010, 01:34:37 AM »
Thanks. It's not always all the time, obviously I'm not always here myself, but when everything gets rolling I hope everyone's able to follow up.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #202 on: June 29, 2010, 09:28:52 AM »
Ouch. Bloodied the surprise round. Good thing I've got Defender-level hp. :P

Personally, I'd suggest Curyll go after the priest as soon as he can get him within LoS. We can't see him, but Ouray can, right? And we know there's something behind the rocks now. I just know that guy is going to become a pain in the ass if we don't get rid of him quickly.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 09:30:59 AM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #203 on: June 29, 2010, 09:52:17 AM »
Yeah, I was planning on doing that.
Just taking shots at the other Kobolds while I move into position ;)
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #204 on: June 29, 2010, 11:41:49 PM »
tallan, are you using your action point to do this? Otherwise you've got two standard action attacks. When you guys use an AP, I need to know.
Also, do you mean I8? because Mytos is in I9.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 11:44:15 PM by VennDygrem »

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #205 on: June 30, 2010, 12:06:08 PM »
Just a quick question. Did M8 get cover/concealment because I was firing from behind the bush?
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #206 on: June 30, 2010, 12:49:51 PM »
Yessir. I wasn't sure how much detail, if any, was meant to be described about the terrain and other landscape features. I really should go into more detail in the future, and I'm sorry for that. Here's what it says about the so-called bushes:
"Thick foliage grows near the road in several places. These areas provide lightly obscured concealment and cover for those attacking from or into the area. Areas covered by foliage also count as difficult terrain."

So trying to fire an arrow through thick foliage is more difficult than firing an arrow through thin air, as it follows.
You can move though the foliage, but doing so costs an extra square of movement.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #207 on: June 30, 2010, 12:56:09 PM »
Yessir. I wasn't sure how much detail, if any, was meant to be described about the terrain and other landscape features.
Well, I'd say the players should know about every terrain feature that might influence actions (at least, those that are obvious). You don't need to tell us about subtly cracked floor tiles that will break when we step on them, sending us plummeting to our deaths, but knowing what provides concealment and what doesn't would be nice.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #208 on: June 30, 2010, 01:52:17 PM »
Again, an oversight, and one for which I apologize. I'll be more careful in the future.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #209 on: June 30, 2010, 02:08:22 PM »
It's okay :)

I just didn't know that it would result in the enemy getting a bonus/me getting a penalty, even though I'm the one directly behind it, and not the defender (I mean, he was pretty much in the open).

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #210 on: June 30, 2010, 02:25:01 PM »
Yes, but think about what happens when you try to shoot an arrow through thick vegetation. The vegetation doesn't disappear so your arrow can go through, then wave and say "Have a nice time, dear!" :P

Basically, obstacles exist for both attacker and defender. Try to think of it this way: If it can hinder your opponent, it can hinder you. It's good to hide behind, but you can still get hit through it. It's good as a way to stay hidden and still be able to attack, but it's harder to attack from there than out in the open. I like to run the game with lots of options and possibilities, but there are consequences for every choice. Not always bad, of course, but they're there. I'm also running with the descriptions out of the adventure. There is nothing that would indicate that the cover and concealment only apply if you're getting attacked while in/behind the foliage. In fact, as I quoted before, it specifically says they exist if you attack into it, which you effectively are.

Of course, had you targetted the wyrmpriest or the skirmisher, they have lighter armor, and you probably would've hit even with the cover/concealment. An enemy called a 'dragonshield' and described as heavily-armored is probably harder to hit. :)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 02:27:34 PM by VennDygrem »

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #211 on: June 30, 2010, 03:31:31 PM »
Okay, I understand, thanks for the clarification :)

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #212 on: June 30, 2010, 03:40:04 PM »
Sorry if I came off harshly there or anything. Just trying a common-sense approach to handling things. :)

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #213 on: June 30, 2010, 06:06:13 PM »
Not at all, it's all good :)

tallan

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #214 on: July 02, 2010, 03:08:45 AM »
Sorry for holding up the game again. I had checked back two or three times but hadn't seen anything to post about until my mistakes were pointed out.  I have corrected them I believe.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #215 on: July 02, 2010, 01:23:40 PM »
Thanks. Sorry to have to bug you about it, but I need to know this stuff explicitly, even if it should be understood.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #216 on: July 03, 2010, 02:39:04 AM »
Yeesh, things aren't looking up for your wayward guide. Agita, how invested in Aanna are you? Do you have another character rolled up just in case? :P
Kidding, but seriously, what are the odds that both healers would wind up last?

tallan

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #217 on: July 03, 2010, 06:49:39 AM »
Wow, sorry guys. I guess I'd better double check all of my coordinates otherwise next thing I know I'll have killed the party.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #218 on: July 03, 2010, 07:52:04 AM »
Wow, sorry guys. I guess I'd better double check all of my coordinates otherwise next thing I know I'll have killed the party.
Such is the plight of a controller. :P

Well, if I don't die this round, I think I'll make it, as I can heal 11 points and move a square without provoking as part of the same action. Good thing at least our Defender went before the Dragonshields.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #219 on: July 03, 2010, 08:11:28 AM »
Glad I'm playing a ranged character, so I don't have to worry about the Psion's AoE powers too much :P