Author Topic: OOC Discussion  (Read 63136 times)

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
Re: OOC Discussion
« Reply #100 on: April 11, 2010, 03:15:07 PM »
You guys aren't hurting for diplomacy. :P

Your collective lowest skills are Dungeoneering and Thievery, which don't get above a +6 (both from Golkonda).

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #101 on: April 11, 2010, 03:38:34 PM »
Hmm... I probably couldn't do either of those better, since my Wis and Dex are both at a +0 mod.
As for Diplomacy, with my character's help Min is at +12 (Group Diplomacy is a Racial bonus, though... does that stack with a Kalashtar's +2?), and my character can go up to +16 1/encounter. :D That's not counting Aid Another. I think we'll do fine in social skill challenges.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2010, 03:47:26 PM »
You guys aren't hurting for diplomacy. :P
Just wait til we get really started talking to things. Also, calling them things probably isn't helping my case.

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2010, 12:16:39 AM »
Guys, I will be away from any kind of computer until saturday. In case it's needed, can you put Golkonda on auto, Venn?

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2010, 01:22:18 AM »
Sure thing. I was waiting to see if anyone else had any other questions in the inn before posting responses, but I'll be putting those up tomorrow sometime, regardless. Golkonda is now on auto-pilot. :)

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2010, 05:48:38 PM »
Hey look, I finally have a better back story!  Not awesome, but a paragraph beats two sentences.

Yes, I realize that I said I'd do it awhile ago.   :blush
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2010, 06:02:59 PM »
I'm slowly making progress on my 10-minute background (heh). It doesn't help that I'm currently wrestling with assignments and a cold has laid me low.

Anyone care to make a suggestion for my second ritual (which I'll most likely never use, because I need to actually pay for it)?
Also, I'll let the party decide my daily. Would you rather all have CA against one enemy until that enemy saves, or all unconditionally get a minor boost to saves and damage for the whole encounter, with extra mobility for everyone whenever we kill someone?
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2010, 06:16:07 PM »
By the way, I leave ritual components strewn about in my campaigns. Just sayin'. :P

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2010, 06:20:29 PM »
By the way, I leave ritual components strewn about in my campaigns. Just sayin'. :P
We're still better off giving them to Gol so he can make us magic items during downtime. :P More lasting benefits that way.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2010, 07:20:02 PM »
I don't think you'll have to worry much about Golkonda doing so much crafting. I asked for wish lists so I know what kind of treasure to leave around, too. :)

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2010, 07:21:37 PM »
I don't think you'll have to worry much about Golkonda doing so much crafting. I asked for wish lists so I know what kind of treasure to leave around, too. :)
Yeah, but more is always better, no? :D Crafting can be used for low-priority stuff that's just 'neat to have', like wondrous items that don't take up slots.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: April 26, 2010, 02:27:56 AM »
Sorry about the delay guys. Besides a few other things, I've also had a fairly busy time with classes and so I placed my focus elsewhere. I'll try to update tomorrow, after classes let out. In the meantime, if anyone else who hasn't spoken up yet has anything they wanted to do or ask, even if it's as mundane as ordering a drink, now's a fine time to do so.

So I dropped the ball a bit. I was hoping to see Bowen back before long, and I've been busy with class projects and some of the other games (as have some of you, which is why I imagine I haven't heard anyone asking why I haven't updated yet).
I hope to get an update up later today, since my second class today was cancelled, but we'll see. I don't want to make any more promises and not follow through on them. I haven't forgotten about this game though, nor is it dead. If anyone drops out, the game will go on, and I'll replace players as necessary. I don't think it will be, though.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 10:36:53 AM by VennDygrem »

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: May 03, 2010, 09:16:06 PM »
I'm not gonna drop, no worries; I figured that it was final projects/midterms and shit, same is happening here. I'm inbetween two meetings with group members for a psychology presentation, a 50 minute presentation in fact. All on concentra-oooh look a kitty!

Posting now once I finish with the kitty.... read that as you will...

By the by, I was remembering and typing as though we were still supposed to do that coded coin thing with the old man. If that's something not involved in this current campaign, I might wanna know about that before I make Mytos out to be a total weirdo.  :p
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 09:19:50 PM by Flay Crimsonwind »

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: May 03, 2010, 09:37:52 PM »
I'm still in.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2010, 10:43:10 PM »
I'm not gonna drop, no worries; I figured that it was final projects/midterms and shit, same is happening here. I'm inbetween two meetings with group members for a psychology presentation, a 50 minute presentation in fact. All on concentra-oooh look a kitty!

Posting now once I finish with the kitty.... read that as you will...

By the by, I was remembering and typing as though we were still supposed to do that coded coin thing with the old man. If that's something not involved in this current campaign, I might wanna know about that before I make Mytos out to be a total weirdo.  :p

All you need to know is in the General Player Knowledge thread. To save time, yes, there's still a pass code. It's listed in the thread.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #116 on: May 06, 2010, 02:09:26 PM »
May updates are out. Lot of things got nerfbatted. Highlights:
Infernal Wrath got changed completely. Check out the new power and all the feats that modify it (which obviously also got changed), Nan.
Pit Fighter Rangers got nerfed hard. :(
Daggermaster's 18-20 crit range only works for Rogue powers. Predictable, but still :bigeye.
Bloodiron Weapon sucks now.
Fey Charge no longer triggers Eladrin Swordmage Advance. The Feycharger, who was laughing after last month's update, weeps tears of bitter defeat.
Throw and Stab got nerfed, Twin Strike once again reigns supreme.

A bunch of other non-broken but cool and silly options got raped. WotC officially has a fetish for making cool things suck.
Seriously, everyone should bookmark this page and check it once a month so I don't have to summarize. :P

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2010, 02:44:55 PM »
No one was asking you to. :P

-----------
At a quick glance, there's honestly nothing different about how a bloodiron weapon works, only that players can't perceive any extra cheese that they shouldn't have before the update.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 03:04:02 PM by VennDygrem »

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #118 on: May 06, 2010, 02:49:42 PM »
No one was asking you to. :P
I feel compelled to, because errata is Serious Business. :P

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: May 09, 2010, 06:35:50 PM »
So what did I miss? :)

I should be back to full gaming capacity from now on :)
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol