Author Topic: The Keep - Part 1  (Read 38731 times)

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
Re: The Keep - Part 1
« Reply #440 on: October 24, 2011, 07:01:13 PM »
Zap maneuvers around the corner of the wall.

Go Go Golkonda!

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #441 on: October 25, 2011, 11:57:19 AM »
Golkonda moves in, charging up his weapon as he does so. Upon his approach, he throws the longknife, which slices the kobold deeply! It howls in pain, the sound reverberating through the cavern.

[spoiler]Golkonda moves to M11 and uses magic weapon:
1d20(12)+8=20 *hit*
1d6(6)+4=10 damage
[/spoiler]

Amnon's up!

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #442 on: October 25, 2011, 04:22:38 PM »
Amnon runs at the fleeing monster, trying to get as close as he can.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #443 on: October 26, 2011, 12:32:20 AM »
Amnon helps box the kobold in! It's looking weary and incredibly panicked now! It backs up away from the approaching intruders and weakly attempts to conjure up a ball of flame to throw at Amnon, but it fades before it even hits the Paladin.

[spoiler]Double-shifts to O15, and misses with its energy orb.
I actually rolled to see which PC he'd target, in hopes he'd pick someone other than Amnon and just die already, but the dice actually picked your stalwart defender anyway. Ah well. :)[/spoiler]

Gerand! Put him in the grave!

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #444 on: October 26, 2011, 08:42:51 AM »
Gerand raises his sword to his side, and in a perfect draconic he didn't know he spoke, he says to the final offender, "You can bow or be broken by my blade, the choice is yours."

[spoiler]Hold action.
If he surrenders, yay!
If he doesn't, I'll have to hit him until he stops moving.[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #445 on: October 26, 2011, 01:23:09 PM »
[spoiler]Intimidating a bloodied enemy into surrendering is a Standard Action, normally, and requires an actual Intimidate roll.
To save time, I've rolled Intimidate for you, and have given you a circumstance modifier equal to the number of allies nearby.

1d20(14)+5=19

Unfortunately, this isn't quite enough to Intimidate him into surrendering.

Oh, and good job remembering I allowed everyone to know extra languages equal to Int mod. If everyone who is gaining new languages could put them on their sheet, that'd be appreciated. Also, feel free to justify it how you want, whether you're picking up memories from a long dead adventurer or you knew the language all along, it doesn't really matter in this cave. :)[/spoiler]

The kobold seems to be hyperventilating as it grips the back wall, its eyes shifting rapidly from one enemy to the next. It settles its gaze on Gerand, lowers its spear... and spits on the ground in front of the Swordmage.

In Draconic, it says, "It does not matter whether you kill me here or not. In the end, the Dragon Below will devour you all! Praise the Dragon Below! Praise Khyb--"

The kobold is cut off as an arrow appears in its chest. It drops to its knees as the same screech as before sounds off, and then falls to the ground.
[spoiler]The DC to hit for Intimidate was its Will, 15, with a +10 modifier for being hostile toward you, bringing it to 25. You had a slim chance of hitting it with your low skill bonus and the circumstance modifier, but in the end it was still a 5% chance.[/spoiler]

Combat over! Victory is your's!

With the kobolds in the cavern defeated and their leader (the disturbing creature Ironteeth) slain, Winterhaven's kobold infestation is over, though new questions remain. Looting the bodies yields 12 gp and 48 sp, along with the weapons and armor worn by the creatures, though most of the armor is fitted for small creatures. Ironteeth has a small pouch in his possession, containing a silver key and a scroll of parchment written in common.
The message reads as follows:
There is also a fairly large chest in the northeast corner of the cavern.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #446 on: October 26, 2011, 02:49:16 PM »
"I don't presume that the chest is trapped, but in other matters..."

Looking a bit guilty, Gerand pulls the necklace from the dragon cultists out of his pouch. "I was hoping we could complete this task without his name being spread around, but it looks as though that is no longer an option. I recognized a great evil on this necklace when we took it off the first party we slew. These cultists.... they are incredibly dangerous. They serve a demon prince known by many names, but most often as Orcus. I do not believe that these simple fools could have the power to bring him forth, but if they have any power they might bring forth some of his followers. This would be quite a catastrophe, obviously. As odd as the state of this place is, I can only assume they have been fooling around with quite involved temporal rituals..."