Author Topic: The Keep - Part 1  (Read 38908 times)

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
Re: The Keep - Part 1
« Reply #400 on: September 24, 2011, 05:57:26 AM »
[spoiler]Ah, yeah, just noticed that wall there. Make it B3, and take 2 off the attack. Thought I'd adjusted the hp, must've missed it.[/spoiler]

Calchexxis

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #401 on: September 24, 2011, 07:40:44 PM »
Cals eyes narrow at the attacking Kobolds. "Bottom-feeding spawn, I will show you the light of Il'Yannah", a monastic chant rolls easily off his tongue as Cal calls light into the shadows before advancing into the fray.

[spoiler]Blades of Astral Fire: Wisdom vs. Reflex: 1d20+4=14 dealing 1d6+4=9 in burst 1 to the Kobold in I6, catching the one is H6 in the burst.[/spoiler]

Cal moves to space L6
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 07:43:04 PM by Calchexxis »
"Oh God, I could be bounded in a nutshell
and count myself king of infinite space
were it not that I have bad dreams..."

Hamlet, Act II

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #402 on: September 24, 2011, 11:31:18 PM »
The kobold caster hears the whispering behind it, and ducks just in time as the mysterious newcomer's attack issues forth. Its more heavily-armored ally, however, isn't as lucky, and is scorched by scintillating flame.

[spoiler]Area attacks are rolled against each target, with the damage roll being shared between all targets. To save time, I rolled the second attack against H6.
1d20(19)+4=23 *hit*
[/spoiler]

Round 3!

Map:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Zap's turn!

Calchexxis

• Email
« Reply #403 on: September 25, 2011, 01:52:29 AM »
Area attacks are rolled against each target, with the damage roll being shared between all targets. To save time, I rolled the second attack against H6.

Ah, sorry, my DM just applies hit and damage rolls to all to save time on rolling. (we play in large groups)

Hamlet, Act II

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #404 on: September 26, 2011, 12:30:42 PM »
Lightning Strike on K at H6: (and IC is down so no rolls)
The 2nd target will be the one at H7
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #405 on: September 26, 2011, 08:09:10 PM »
[spoiler]Keep in mind you're right near a wall, so H6 has a good amount of cover from you unless you move a bit first.[/spoiler]

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #406 on: September 27, 2011, 10:42:49 AM »
[spoiler]Keep in mind you're right near a wall, so H6 has a good amount of cover from you unless you move a bit first.[/spoiler]
Didn't realize that, but the attack doesn't require a roll for the 2nd target. It just arcs from the first to the 2nd.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #407 on: September 27, 2011, 11:34:58 PM »
[spoiler]Your primary target still have cover vs. your attack. I'm just giving you a chance to move before you attack, but if you want to stay where you are, I can take the cover into account on my own (so you don't need to factor it into the roll).

Did you want me to roll now that IC is back, or did you want to do it?[/spoiler]

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #408 on: September 28, 2011, 11:30:33 AM »
Go ahead a roll it then. Yes I'll stay there to keep cover vs them and not risk provoking from the closer one.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #409 on: October 01, 2011, 01:44:04 AM »
Zap lashes out with a lightning strike, but does not manage to hit! His target moves in to attack Amnon, fearing the retribution that comes from attacking the other adventurers. The kobold jabs its spear at Amnon, but the Paladin easily knocks the blow aside. While the Paladin is distracted defending against its ally's attack, however, the other armored kobold strikes in between the plates making up Amnon's armor. He gouges a vital spot, spilling crimson blood that splashes on the ground in a sizable puddle.

[spoiler]Zap attacks H6 with Lightning Strike vs. Reflex:
attack: 1d20(9)+5=14 *miss*

H6 moves to C5, attacking Amnon. It misses.
B4 attacks Amnon and gets a crit! The tiefling takes 9 damage and is bloodied (along with Gerand and Golkonda)
[/spoiler]

Golkonda's turn!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 01:46:27 AM by VennDygrem »

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #410 on: October 01, 2011, 11:39:04 PM »
Golkonda moves close to Amnon and Zap and chants words of healing to mend his own wounds. Then channels arcane power into his long knife and attacks the kobold between Gerand and Amnon.

[spoiler]
Move action: move to C3
Minor: Curative Admixture on self, healing 8 hit points
Standard: Magic weapon on B4 (Int+1 VS AC): 1d20+8=26; 1d6+4=9

On hit, Amnon and Zap gains +1 power bonus to attack rolls and +3 power bonus on damage rolls until the end of my next round.
[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #411 on: October 05, 2011, 04:18:28 AM »
Amnon is torn between helping relieve his ally's wounds and keeping the monsters from inflicting further harm upon the group at large. He chants a few holy words under his breath and attempts to reach toward Gerand, but can't make it without stepping closer. Beating back the kobolds' attacks, he decides to invest in the group's defense, and... blinks. Not his eyes, but his entire body, appearing as though it became invisible for a fraction of a second. He repeats his action from a few seconds ago, in exactly the same manner, though with less desperation in his face. His hand glows, and Gerand feels a rush of energy as his wounds begin to close. The paladin then intones his Divine Challenge, directing his words toward the Kobold between him and the Swordmage, then strikes at the same kobold. The reptilian nuisance dodges the attack, but seems intent on Amnon for now, at the least.

No longer under the Paladin's scrutiny, Ironteeth sees an opening. He whirls around in a flurry once more, nearly forgetting or ignoring the Swordmage's wrath. He lashes out at the Paladin to take out the party's defensive juggernaut, but misses as Amnon turns the blow away. Ironteeth spins around the shield, and strikes at the Sorcerer, easily tearing through the halfling's minimal defenses. Lord Mytos had been calculating the aberrant creature's projected path, teleporting in to cut it off and to provide maximum defensive capabilities to his peers. Before leaving his space, he, too, blinks in place. He catches Ironteeth by surprise and manages to strike true with proper application of his cunning.

The kobold spellcaster finds itself without a meatshield, but it knows who its main rival is at the moment. The kobold gathers magical flame in its hand, then hurls it toward the Invoker.  The flame hits Cal square in the chest, but rather than burn him, it absorbs harmlessly into his body. The kobold and the kalashtar lock eyes for a brief moment, but that moment feels like more than a minute. As soon as the lock takes hold, it breaks, and the kobold curses profusely in Draconic. Cal knows that the kobold's words aren't exactly appropriate for polite company.

Offset from each other, the rest of the party blinks in the same fashion as Amnon and start remembering things they are not quite sure they had known before. Golkonda, on the other hand, begins remembering another presence entirely, pops into existence by his side.

You all also notice a fresh new arrow sticking out of each of the enemies, which clearly had not been there before. Something may be downright wrong with this cave, but whatever it is, it seems to be helping you for now. You hear another screech, exactly the same as moments before.
[spoiler]Amnon gains a new Channel Divinity power, allowing him to use his Lay on Hands power as a close burst 5 (only with the channel divinty power's expenditure, of course, but an additional time above his normal uses). Don't worry, he won't be the only one to get something new. :)

Amnon uses his new power as a minor action, spending a healing surge, and Gerand can heal a quantity equal to his own surge value.
He then uses Divine Challenge as a second minor action against B4:
Attack vs AC: 1d20(2)+7=9 and misses.

Ironteeth shifts to D5, then as part of his Double Swing power, shifts to D4 before his first attack, misses (thus not triggering Flay's Aegis), then shifts to D3 to attack Zap and hits for The Aegis triggers, so Mytos teleports to C3 for maximum gain, and makes a melee basic... with a twist!:
Attack vs AC: 1d20(12)+7+2(CA)=21 *hit!*
Damage: 1d8(2)+2=4 damage

Gerand gains Martial Training (Intelligence) as a bonus feat, which he may also apply to his Blood Drain power at his option. (Note, damage is still calculated using the standard stat mod)

The Kobold wyrmpriest attacks with Energy Orb and misses. Cal's mind-lock with the Kobold causes him to psionically steal one of the wyrmpriest's powers; He now has an additional encounter utility power called Incite Faith, usable as a minor action and as a close burst 10, wherein his allies in the area gain 5 THP and may shift 1 square.

For completion's sake, I'm going to give everyone else their new stuff now:
Zap has a new encounter utility power usable as a move action that lets him teleport 2 + his Dex mod squares and gain a static shield until the end of his next turn. The first creature that hits him with a melee attack during the duration takes damage equal to his Storm Power bonus.

Golkonda's is a bit more selfish on my part, since I've wanted to have this on every Arcane character I've played but never found the space for; He gains the Arcane Familiar feat, and may select which familiar he gets, immediately gaining its passive bonuses and may choose whether it is set in active or passive mode.

I'd prefer if you didn't, but won't mind if any or all of you decide to retrain these things out when you level. If you decide to, we can discuss what would be equivalent to trade for.
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Gerand's turn!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 04:36:27 AM by VennDygrem »

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #412 on: October 05, 2011, 05:11:56 AM »
Gerand smiles as he feels his body and mind fuse more perfectly together than once they had been. As his wounds stitch themselves from Amnon's magic, Gerand repays the favor. His sword flashes, and booms, the force of the blow striking out at foes on all sides. In the chaos, his vicious arcane energy lashes out marking another foe.

[spoiler]Gerand likesy!  :D "Gerand can heal a quantity equal to his own surge value." You took this into account already, yes? Cause you know I damn well will!
Booming BladeSword Burst, foes in blast are Irontooth and Kobold at B4.
 Irontooth - Attack is 9 vs Reflex for 7 damage against both targets.
Marks kobold at C5 with Aegis of Assault.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 07:53:35 AM by Flay Crimsonwind »

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #413 on: October 05, 2011, 06:56:46 AM »
Gerand misses Ironteeth, despite the increased coordination between his brain and his blade. However, he catches the kobold in his burst!

[spoiler]Booming Blade is single target. Did you mean Sword Burst? If so, remember you need to roll the attack vs. each enemy, while the damage stays the same. If this is what you meant, I've got the second roll done for you to speed it up

Attck #2 vs. Kobold B4: 1d20(10)+7=17[/spoiler]

Cal's up!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 03:24:51 PM by VennDygrem »

Calchexxis

• Email
« Reply #414 on: October 06, 2011, 02:59:24 AM »
Cal his mailed fist, a fierce glow emanating from within, with an outstretched hand a bolt of pure sunlight strobes out at the offending Kobold.

[spoiler]Sun Strike: 1d20+4=21
Damage: 1d8+4=9
Slides the Target backwards one square to H6[/spoiler]

"Feel Il'Yannah's purity!"

Hamlet, Act II

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #415 on: October 10, 2011, 12:23:46 AM »
Cal's holy light sears the kobold, who lets out a loud Yelp as it leaps back a few feet!

Round 4!

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Zap's turn!

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #416 on: October 10, 2011, 11:56:37 AM »
Lightning Strike the one at B4 arcing to the one at C5: Attack; Damage (1d20+5=21, 1d8+6=8)
C5 takes 2 points

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #417 on: October 10, 2011, 08:09:17 PM »
Both kobolds receive quite a shock as Zap does what he does best! Both kobolds look like they belong on the Colonel's menu, since they're both battered and fried!

As exhausted as they appear, the kobolds seem to believe your team is equally-so! They continue their attacks, moving into position to attack their main rivals-of-the-moment! B4 attacks Amnon, but is utterly frustrated when its attack glances off the Paladin's armor! It skitters off to pester Zap, who had just recently given it a whole lot of grief. C5 shifts in to attack Gerand, but its spear is halted by the Swordmage's magical warding!

[spoiler]B4 and C5 take their respective damage from Zap's attack, and are both now bloodied.

B4 misses Amnon, then double shifts to B2.
C5 shifts to B4, but misses Gerand.[/spoiler]

Golkonda's up!

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #418 on: October 12, 2011, 09:02:21 AM »
Golkonda pauses for a moment to catch his breath, then moves closer to Amnon and attacks Ironteeth, his blade charged with arcane energy.

[spoiler]
Standard Action: Second Wind - heals 7 HP and +2 to defenses until start his next around
Move Action: Shift to D4
Action point > Standard action:
Magic weapon on Ironteeth: 1d20+8=11;1d6+4=6

Argh...
 [/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #419 on: October 13, 2011, 09:59:02 PM »
Golkond's attack misses, and its arcane energy fizzles. Ironteeth cackles from one mouth while snickering from the other. The combined laugh is eerie and annoying at once.

Amnon's up!