Author Topic: The Keep - Part 1  (Read 38728 times)

tallan

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Re: The Keep - Part 1
« Reply #140 on: June 08, 2010, 01:49:44 PM »
Minharath slips quietly down from his room. A distant expression lingers on his face when he rejoins the the group. "So many new minds, I need to be more careful and not let them distract me so."
[spoiler]I was distracted by eve online, computer issues,  and work. I have this as a bookmark now so I should keep up a bit better.[/spoiler]
Deep in the tomb of indelible gloom, an angel waits to die.
High on the peak, where only fools seek, a dragon tried to get high.
To which one we go, well f*ck if I know, the point is to question why.

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: June 09, 2010, 08:28:00 AM »
"So, anything that must be done before we leave? Like, grabbing supplies and such?"

Golkonda's humor is slightly better after some good sleep, but he is still in a rush on this mission. Maybe it's the air of this village...

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: June 09, 2010, 08:42:41 AM »
"I think getting some supplies is all we need to do before we head of. We have a map, yes?" Curyll says as he walks down the stairs, fully dressed and geared already. As he sits down with some breakfast he asks "How long will the journey we have ahead of us take?"
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #143 on: June 09, 2010, 03:07:07 PM »
"Well," Aanna says in between bites, then silently chews on another bit of bread as she apparently calculates something in her head. Then, she smiles and says, "With a bit of magic to help, I'd say about two hours on foot." She rolls out a map of the area and draws a circle around the rough area where Stahl went missing. "I think that's where Mister Douven was going to investigate."

[spoiler]Assuming we have a map, that is. I think I have one, though it's not on my equipment list since IIRC there isn't a write-up anywhere of what maps actually cost. :P[/spoiler]
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: June 09, 2010, 09:25:28 PM »
Amnon walks back into the Inn having finished his morning ritual at the local temple of the Host.  "What direction did he go missing in?  The kobolds are nesting close by to the South, I should be recieving a map with a more precise location shorty."
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #145 on: June 09, 2010, 09:50:55 PM »
A broad smile grows on Aanna's face as Amnon relates where the kobolds have been active. "How convenient. So, who wants to do a betting pool?" With her finger, she traces an area of the map south of the town. Amnon wouldn't know since he just came in, but to the others it's readily apparent as the area where she said Stahl was searching. "I say they'll be around here, or somewhere close."
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

tallan

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: June 10, 2010, 01:05:02 AM »
Minharath smiles and nods. "I would bet we would find them in that area, that is if I bet." Min seems calm, breathing in and out slowly.
Deep in the tomb of indelible gloom, an angel waits to die.
High on the peak, where only fools seek, a dragon tried to get high.
To which one we go, well f*ck if I know, the point is to question why.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: June 10, 2010, 01:56:52 AM »
A messenger arrives, dressed in plain garb and carrying a small parcel. He scans the room, sees Amnon, and proceeds toward him.
"This is for you, sir." He hands the tube-shaped package over and leaves. Inside is a map; It is marked with notes indicating that the kobolds typically set up their ambushes within an hour's hike from town (roughly where you encountered them upon arrival yesterday), and also indicates where a trail has been discovered that might lead to their lair or hideout. It's closer than the area Douven was investigating, but might be a smaller matter.

It is up to your party to decide which to tackle first.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #148 on: June 15, 2010, 02:25:27 PM »
With a small pen, possibly borrowed from Salvana, Aanna circles the area that Douven is supposed to be searching on her map and then copies the notes from the messenger's map onto hers. "Too bad, looks like a wasn't exactly right. Oh well." rubbing her nose pensively, the half-elf continues, Looks like the kobolds' ambush point is right on our way. But if you scattered them yesterday, maybe they'll lay low for a while and let the dust settle before trying anything again, or they might show up with a stronger group. In the latter case, we could try to walk around them, which would cost time, ambush them ourselves, which would also cost time, or just power through. I'm not sure we'd be able to sneak up on them, though," she adds with an amused expression, looking at Amnon's armor.

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: June 15, 2010, 04:20:47 PM »
"If they're on the way, might as well get them too.... perhaps we even get to see some kobold-only items...."

Golkonda's eyes are sparkling on the possibility of looting some rare stuff from the kobolds...

"... but first let's grab our stuff in the marketplace.

OOC
[spoiler]Will buy trail ration enough for the trip, including our return. How many days are we gonna spent out again?  :P[/spoiler]

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #150 on: June 15, 2010, 04:54:53 PM »
Amnon snorts.  "One does not sneak around evil hoping not to catch its notice.  Evil must be crushed."
Notes to self

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #151 on: June 15, 2010, 05:07:58 PM »
"We're six," Aanna responds with a smirk, sticking out her tongue at Amnon. "More to the point, these 'bolds are just a bunch of ne'er-do-wells who assault people for money. That's called criminal, not evil. Smacking them around a little and telling them to leave people alone and get a job will do fine. And in any case, who knows if whatever caused Mr. Douven to vanish isn't a greater 'evil' than those small fry?"

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #152 on: June 15, 2010, 05:09:48 PM »
"I'd prefer we deal with them in the quickest manner possible, which may or may not be to avoid them. If we can, let's just deal with them on our own time, but this greater-possible-evil must take priority. We cannot get sidetracked from the initial task."

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #153 on: June 15, 2010, 06:40:44 PM »
Amnon shakes his head.  "Such viewpoints are what cause evil to thrive.  They are monsters, monsters that attempted to kill us and take everything that we owned.  Criminals are evil, that is what you need to understand.  All evil must be extinguished, and they are between us and where we need to go."
Notes to self

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #154 on: June 15, 2010, 07:37:43 PM »
Something about what Amnon said must've ticked Aanna off, because she looks ready to snap at him, but instead she stands up with a stern expression and makes her way to his end of the table. Her arms crossed in front of her, she asks, "Okay, so what god put that in your head? Judging from what you're saying, is it the Flame?"

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #155 on: June 15, 2010, 07:43:02 PM »
Amnon glares as he stands up in return, shoving his holy symbol in Aanna's face.  "You do not recognize the symbol of the light of Dol Arrah?  Justice must be done.  If justice is not enacted swifly than injustice, and therefore evil, will spread."
Notes to self

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #156 on: June 15, 2010, 11:28:37 PM »
Salvana comes out from the kitchen and sees Aanna and Amnon's conversation.
"Hey, I don't need you all getting into an altercation in my tavern. If you're gonna 'have words' with each other, save it for outside, but I don't wanna see anyone gettin' the straw beat out of them other than those damned kobolds. They made off with another one of my kegs again last night, little ruddy bastards..."

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #157 on: June 16, 2010, 05:05:47 AM »
"So they like to drink?" Curyll asks somewhat amused. "Or would your alcoholic drinks be strong enough to use as fuel for fire or explosives?"
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #158 on: June 16, 2010, 09:51:36 AM »
With a polite, cheerful smile, Aanna turns her head to the innkeeper and calls back, "No worries, just a professional dispute!" Then she turns back to Amnon with her previous expression, not so much as flinching under his gaze. She steps a bit to the side and smacks the nearly healf a foot taller tiefling lightly on the back of his head, as if scolding a child. "There. I was taught a bit at a temple of the Host as well. That's what the priest would do when I said something stupid like you just did. Moving on. I think the best option is to just move along the road straight to our destination. If we're ambushed, we just plow through them. For that eventuality, those who can attack at long range should maybe follow a bit behind us, preferably in hiding. If it doesn't take us too long, we can try to reason with the kobolds, but finding Mister Douven takes priority. Does that sound good?"

[spoiler]I think both me and Nanshork know better than to roll initiative over this. Right? :smirk

Personally, I like Curryl better. Easier to figure out the pronunciation. Also tastier. :P[/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #159 on: June 16, 2010, 11:25:59 AM »
"I agree with the girl. Let's take the shortest route to where this Stahl fellow is most likely being held. If we encounter hostiles on the way, whether they're Kobolds or something else, we take them out swiftly and move on, but we don't go out of our way to take out an entire Kobold tribe.

If you want I can hang back a little like Aanna suggested. Also, Ouray can scout ahead a little to minimize the risk of any more ambushes.

But first, let's get some supplies."
After that the Elf gets up and brings his plate to the kitchen. After he gets back he looks at the others expectantly, waiting for an answer.