Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 109009 times)

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
Re: OOC Chat
« Reply #960 on: June 13, 2011, 04:55:16 PM »
Yeah.  I have to see if I overdid it or not, but it makes it a lot easier to deal with this sort of encounter.  I put that one together the first time to see how much of a pain it would be.
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #961 on: June 15, 2011, 10:26:06 AM »
Just to let you know, I'm going camping from Thursday afternoon to Saturday afternoon, so I won't be able to update this during that time.
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
[/spoiler]

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #962 on: June 15, 2011, 10:40:59 AM »
Just to let you know, I'm going camping from Thursday afternoon to Saturday afternoon, so I won't be able to update this during that time.
Enjoy it.  I just hope it isn't as hot up there as it has been down here recently.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #963 on: June 15, 2011, 11:30:29 AM »
Enjoy it.  I just hope it isn't as hot up there as it has been down here recently.
I don't think it will be.  We're going another hour further north to boot, and I think it's supposed to be in the upper 60's to lower 70's.  I think our daughter is finally old enough to take on a canoe.
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #964 on: June 18, 2011, 11:32:37 PM »
I'm back.  Sorry about the delay.  If I'd checked before we left, I could have probably resolved the whole Grizz move/AoO miscommunication.
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #965 on: June 22, 2011, 09:55:21 AM »
If it looks like all the monsters are running from a fight and you want to simply call it, I'm fine with that.  I don't know if I've ever explicitly stated that.  I know I've asked when it comes up in various fights.

(Right now in the current fight, worg 2 still remains, of course, but I wanted to throw this out there.)
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #966 on: June 28, 2011, 04:56:21 PM »
Delay Action, When troll notices group or Ixen takes his turn, whichever happens first:
Swift: Use Arcanists Glove for +2 CL
Standard: Hail of stone on troll, 7d6: 21
Sorry.  I wasn't clear earlier.  When I changed Hail of Stone from 1d4 per CL to 1d6 per CL, I still wanted it capped at 5d6.  Do you still want to cast it (I'm assuming if so, you won't use your gloves)?  The nice thing is, it looks like the last two dice you rolled were a 1 and a 2, so it would still be 18 damage.  :smirk

Grizz!  You're up!
Ah shite, totally thought I'd responded earlier. Yes, that's fine, my mistake on the cap!

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #967 on: June 28, 2011, 05:55:00 PM »
Ah shite, totally thought I'd responded earlier. Yes, that's fine, my mistake on the cap!
No, it's cool.  I looked at what I wrote earlier, and I said "damage is 1d6 per CL" instead of "change d4s to d6s for damage", which is what I meant.
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #968 on: June 30, 2011, 11:36:41 AM »
I'll be out of town from mid day tomorrow until late Monday. We will be so far from the modern world my phone won't get signal for me to use it to post either, unless they have built a tower out there.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #969 on: June 30, 2011, 01:00:46 PM »
Thanks.  I'll be a bit busy from Saturday the 2nd to Monday the 4th, but I should probably have a bit of time to get to a computer on each day... at least I'm hoping.
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #970 on: July 05, 2011, 11:13:35 AM »
I'm finally back among those with access to technology again. As much as I love the little woman's grandparents being so far out there the GPS asking "where the hell are you?" (only a slight exaggeration) is a bit much for me.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #971 on: July 06, 2011, 09:39:55 AM »
So, I'm not planning to do this in the current fight, but how would you guys handle someone trying to get off of Grease/Ice Patch by being smart rather than rolling Balance checks? It seems reasonable to let a prone creature reach off to the edge of the spell to a clear area and attempt to pull themselves off. If there's something easily graspable, it seems the check should pretty much be automatic as a move action.

Also, stuff like ropes or certain types of weapons could be very handy, too.
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #972 on: July 06, 2011, 02:06:58 PM »
Grease doesn't say anything about preventing crawling off does it?
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #973 on: July 06, 2011, 03:03:49 PM »
No. There's just no rules for it.

So, basically, unless the environment prohibits it, the worst grease does is make you prone until the start of your action, then make you blow a move-action to get five feet off of the AoE, which probably provokes an AoO, right?
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #974 on: July 06, 2011, 04:06:01 PM »

So, basically, unless the environment prohibits it, the worst grease does is make you prone until the start of your action, then make you blow a move-action to get five feet off of the AoE, which probably provokes an AoO, right?
I'm fairly certain that the act of crawling, moving while prone, does provoke AoO for every 5' they move.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #975 on: July 06, 2011, 04:16:24 PM »

I'm fairly certain that the act of crawling, moving while prone, does provoke AoO for every 5' they move.
Yes, Crawling moves you only 5ft and provokes an AoO, but you can stand up once you're outside the tripzone(and provoke yet another).
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #976 on: July 06, 2011, 04:44:44 PM »
I guess either way, you're trading an action to likely cause them to lose over an entire round of actions as well as having them take two AoOs for the trouble.

So, should I continue having the troll act dumb, or have him be smart and try and crawl out? I guess, what seems fair? Maybe I'll have him wise up next round, or something, so I don't have to re-do his actions mid fight.
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #977 on: July 06, 2011, 04:46:31 PM »
Eh, he can crawl out I guess, wouldn't really change the outcome I figure.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #978 on: July 06, 2011, 05:53:19 PM »
Alright. He's half way crawling out.
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #979 on: July 13, 2011, 03:31:30 AM »
Sorry guys, my apartment got broken into. Comp got stolen, as well as a few other light electronic items, window smashed, etc. Anywho, had to dig out my old 2005 desktop (which is too old to play sc2 properly...) to post. Sorry for the lateness.