Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 108767 times)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: OOC Chat
« Reply #620 on: September 22, 2010, 01:33:56 PM »
Well, there is some precedent with the rogue.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #621 on: September 22, 2010, 02:58:44 PM »
Yeah, there's the rogue, ranger, monk, and fighter.  Of course, I guess that's the fighter's whole schtick in the first place.  I'm hoping feats, equipment, and all the individual PC's fluff will help set them apart, along with any particular favorite spells any one PC might utilize.

I guess there are ACFs.  Those would be easy enough to tack on later.
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #622 on: September 22, 2010, 06:30:51 PM »
I think a set of focused ACF's wold be the best way to handle that. Electrician electric damage variant for one, Bad acid tripper for geo. (lots of acid based abilities and tripping for comedic effect), The desiccator (hydro who causes dehydration effects, Dry lich??), Smore man who flings hot marshmallows for less damage but adds entanglement and damage on subsequent rounds.  :lol

Those would be good places to start.  ;) :lol
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #623 on: September 22, 2010, 10:11:58 PM »
Okay, here is the current version.  Do you guys want to make level 3 characters using the existing rules for this game?
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #624 on: September 22, 2010, 10:14:50 PM »
Also, I don't know your thoughts, but as to the schools for the psionic powers:  I was thinking Energy Retort could be Evocation and the rest could probably be Transmutation.
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #625 on: September 22, 2010, 11:26:34 PM »
Okay, here is the current version.  Do you guys want to make level 3 characters using the existing rules for this game?
Sure thing, one note; I can't seem to see the listed spells/day or number known. In fact, the magic section in class features is either hidden or not there in the thread-version.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #626 on: September 23, 2010, 12:28:37 AM »
Spells and spells per day would be nice to have in there. I may be a couple of days to get my guy done as work is killer and I have a tournament this weekend that I'll need to be at.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #627 on: September 23, 2010, 01:01:43 AM »
I thought Robby said spells/day were gonna be equal to sorcerer, with spells known are all per level as per Dread Necro or Beguiler.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #628 on: September 23, 2010, 09:32:31 AM »
Sure thing, one note; I can't seem to see the listed spells/day or number known. In fact, the magic section in class features is either hidden or not there in the thread-version.
I thought about that after I posted it.  I never added in the casting section at all.  It was only implied in the intro post.  I'll add the details later.

For now, it's Cha-based casting, you know your entire spell list (if you're a high enough level to cast the spells), and you have the spells per day of a sorcerer.
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #629 on: September 23, 2010, 09:53:30 AM »
I added the casting info to the classes.  As I get time, I'll try to format all of the notes in the spell list with superscript to make it easier to read.
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #630 on: September 23, 2010, 12:43:48 PM »
fire energy type only, fire creatures only, or elemental plane of air fire only
Just a minor error.

As to starting level...I think four sounds better, giving access to second level spells to start.
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #631 on: September 23, 2010, 01:10:42 PM »
That's partially why I was considering 3; so you would only have first level spells to test that portion of the list.

If everyone thinks 3 is too boring, I'm fine with 4.
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #632 on: September 23, 2010, 01:13:05 PM »
Testing viablity for first level spells wouldn't hurt I suppose.
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #633 on: September 23, 2010, 01:21:44 PM »
Testing 1st level stuff is best, yes, though I think going by level 2 might yield more info on performance.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #634 on: September 23, 2010, 04:32:54 PM »
I'm fine with level two, too.
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #635 on: September 26, 2010, 11:05:53 PM »
Is there anything you guys need from me to make the PCs?  What level are we thinking?  2 or 3?  I'm fine with either.
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #636 on: September 27, 2010, 11:42:49 AM »
well I think I have the basis of Aepa Mk2 about done,not much has changed for his low level stuff. I just need to know exactly which level we will be starting at so I can fill in the numbers and buy gear. I almost went with Far Shot but couldn't justify 2 more feats for a gimic, but I did pick up a long bow just to shoot at long ranges. If we weren't making sure to stay within just these classes I would be tempted to make a thrower with this considering that the range on thrown weapons could get big quick.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #637 on: September 27, 2010, 05:43:57 PM »
I'm just waiting on starting level, as well. And I think what was mentioned about "level two" was more aimed at starting at level 2 spells. Personally I don't think there's much difference between first and second level spell access, since right then one doesn't have many 2nd level spells to cast anyway.
I await your call, though. What do you think would be more useful to start the tests at?

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #638 on: September 27, 2010, 05:47:19 PM »
also what level of money. I assume the PC wealth table but just want to confirm.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #639 on: September 27, 2010, 09:06:26 PM »
Fuck it.  I'll just say level 2 to speed things up. ;)

Figure the usual 900 gold.  No more than 450 on one item.
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]