Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 108744 times)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: OOC Chat
« Reply #340 on: June 17, 2010, 11:30:43 AM »
Well, technically it DOES have an augment for those who're using it to hurl fire. You can turn a candle into a flamethrower. Not that it's better than what the pyromancer can already do in other ways, but cool.
Augment

You can augment this power in one or both of the following ways.

1. For every 2 additional power points you spend, you can increase the size of a fire you want to control by one step, up to the maximum size of fire you can control according to your manifester level.
   2. For every 2 additional power points you spend, you can decrease the size of a fire you want to control by one step. You can reduce a Tiny or smaller fire to nothing, extinguishing it.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #341 on: June 17, 2010, 12:08:26 PM »
Ha!  You're right.  I just checked the Power Point cost and didn't see the little "A" next to the cost.

Just figure the total Power Point cost is equal to caster level.  So, basically, assume a full augment for free.
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #342 on: June 17, 2010, 07:49:35 PM »
Now were talking.  :D
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #343 on: June 22, 2010, 09:10:52 AM »
I guess Flay's been out for about five days.  Does someone want to temporarily take over Thorden in his absence?
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
[/spoiler]

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #344 on: June 22, 2010, 05:42:36 PM »
i know i can't. I've been busy with work and driving an extra 300 miles a week to see my baby girl on the weekends.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #345 on: June 22, 2010, 11:02:14 PM »
Yeah, my roomie's wedding happened at a surprisingly close time to my internet blowing up. Literally, the thing just fucking smoked and burned. So I haven't had internet since... well, probably since the last time I posted. Also, getting it elsewhere is a pain, since I only have a desktop.

Sorry! Have the replacement machine, now just need to pay my monthly internet bill. :P Should be on in a day or so, feel free to auto my rolls when needed.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #346 on: June 23, 2010, 09:16:31 AM »
I feel weird taking Flay's actions on my own without at least consulting the rest of you guys.  Do you think a five-foot step to attack #2 with the flail and Shift Weight would be fine?
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #347 on: June 23, 2010, 11:40:24 AM »
Makes sense from what I can see.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #348 on: June 25, 2010, 01:27:33 PM »
Geez, 3 of the 5 of us are in bad shape, here. Hopefully Skelly 2 goes down this round, but there's still another one and Serias can't heal us all.  :bigeye

For reference:
Thorden: 5/29 hp
Aepa: 6/16 hp
Grizz: 7/23 hp

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #349 on: June 25, 2010, 04:21:05 PM »
Well, worse comes to worst, it's a TPK (or Serias and Ixen run away :p).  The sucky thing is that when Thorden missed on his -2 power attack, he missed by two points!  Oh well.

I also have a hard time figuring out how hard to make these fights because the CR system isn't really intended to have people be at full resources every fight.  The problem is, if I ramp it up too much, they do enough damage to kill everyone really fast.
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #350 on: June 25, 2010, 04:27:08 PM »
Well, worse comes to worst, it's a TPK (or Serias and Ixen run away :p).  The sucky thing is that when Thorden missed on his -2 power attack, he missed by two points!  Oh well.

I also have a hard time figuring out how hard to make these fights because the CR system isn't really intended to have people be at full resources every fight.  The problem is, if I ramp it up too much, they do enough damage to kill everyone really fast.
Ha! I will out run them, even if i have to air push them back toward the monsters  :devil . As the saying goes you don't need to out run the (insert predator here) you just need to outrun the slowest guy with you.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #351 on: June 25, 2010, 06:43:51 PM »
Tactically, this fight is really easy.
Just you know, get out of the room and pound the skeletons through the gap.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #352 on: June 25, 2010, 06:46:03 PM »
I was kind of hoping to hold them off while you squishies made a break for it, and then the rest of us could follow suit. Little late for that plan now, it seems. :P

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #353 on: June 28, 2010, 03:42:30 AM »
I'm leaving at 5:30 tomorrow to go to LA on last minute business. I'll be back on Wednesday, probably pretty early in the day. Just to let you know that as I post, it's 10:39 Sunday night, PST; I will not be available until sometime around noon (hopefully) Wednesday. I'll try posting something tonight/sending a PM to the DM so that my character doesn't get in the way.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #354 on: July 01, 2010, 12:38:14 PM »
I'm thinking I may take a break this weekend.  I have company coming over for several days, and I don't think I'll have time to post and update a battle.

Hopefully that will give me more time to think of how to make less overpowering fights. ;)
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #355 on: July 01, 2010, 12:52:14 PM »
Well, I've finally got work today and rehearsals for a play tonight, so I'll be real busy, myself. Don't sweat it. :)

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #356 on: July 01, 2010, 12:55:47 PM »
Enjoy your weekend. I know I will, my baby girl just may be coming home. Plus my future in laws are already down in NO from Germany.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #357 on: July 08, 2010, 09:29:52 AM »
Does anyone have any ideas for a good (and not overpowering :p) fight?  I've been looking at some random monsters and feeling rather uninspired.  I may make some low-level NPCs instead.
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #358 on: July 08, 2010, 10:02:11 AM »
We can try that. I've been busy, myself, and unable to focus as much on PbP. That'll be over this weekend, though. :P

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #359 on: July 08, 2010, 10:33:47 AM »
Does anyone have any ideas for a good (and not overpowering :p) fight?  I've been looking at some random monsters and feeling rather uninspired.  I may make some low-level NPCs instead.
I have just discovered a bunch of 4th level sorcerors can decimate a 10th level character just by all casting magic missile at once.
Ow.

How about some imps?
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]