Author Topic: Best Assassin Spells?  (Read 2962 times)

xeno121

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
Best Assassin Spells?
« on: March 16, 2010, 09:32:16 PM »
What are the best assassin spells?  I'm a death attack assassin focused build so anything that helps me not be seen is good or provides me with damage.
First off, the Joker is a smooth operator. He is very good at convincing people of things, twisting them to further his goals. This is the guy who turned Harvy Dent into Two Face with a simple Bluff check and ten minutes of RP.

ShneekeyTheLost

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
Re: Best Assassin Spells?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 09:34:50 PM »
Obviously Invisibility.

There are numerous spells in Spell Compendium that help make a Death Attack easier.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

ninjarabbit

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 09:57:31 PM »
Alter self

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 11:33:22 PM »
Alter self
This actually gave me a pretty good idea.  Changeling as a race means you can study your target while chatting with him.  Then, when you decide it's time for him to die, you gank him and use any number of methods to get out of there.  Be sure to use a poisoned dagger (Con damage) to increase your chance of success.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

xeno121

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 02:11:36 AM »
enemies had blindsense and because of prc prereqs I couldn't grab darkstalker yet, so I whip out the good 'ol Blade of Pain and Fear and it worked wonders.
First off, the Joker is a smooth operator. He is very good at convincing people of things, twisting them to further his goals. This is the guy who turned Harvy Dent into Two Face with a simple Bluff check and ten minutes of RP.

ShneekeyTheLost

Tweedledope

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 02:15:34 AM »
Modify Memory - Seriously, the uses for this spell are nigh endless.  Witness just saw you murder his cohort?  Make a will save.  You don't remember anything and, actually, I'm the local tax man collecting payment.  Want some quick cash?  Go sell an expensive item, Will save, "you still owe me for this," bam double payment.

Seriously, best.spell.ever.
The Stormwind Fallacy
Read it. Think about it. Sig it.

gorfnad

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 02:32:08 AM »
PHB
Dimension Door
Freedom of Movement
Nondetection
Modify Memory
Alter Self
Invisibility/Greater

SC
Sniper's Shot
Silent Portal
Wraithstrike

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 11:33:11 AM »
Modify Memory - Seriously, the uses for this spell are nigh endless.  Witness just saw you murder his cohort?  Make a will save.  You don't remember anything and, actually, I'm the local tax man collecting payment.  Want some quick cash?  Go sell an expensive item, Will save, "you still owe me for this," bam double payment.

actually, it goes like this:
"you still owe me for this"
"oh right"*pays*
*casts modify memory*
"if you're done taking a look at my sword, can i have it back?"
"There's more to apocalypse than running around like a maniac you know"
-B. M. Evilwizardington.
blogging at disasters made in china

xeno121

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 12:51:35 PM »

"oh right"*pays*
*casts modify memory*

That's so awesome.

ShneekeyTheLost

Tweedledope

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2010, 02:09:45 AM »

"oh right"*pays*
*casts modify memory*

That's so awesome.
This is EXACTLY why I think it's the best social spell in the game.
The Stormwind Fallacy
Read it. Think about it. Sig it.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2010, 03:36:23 AM »
It's also a one-or-two-point cost in World of Darkness.  Screwing with people Twilight-Zone style is totally fun.

"Not only have you seen the guy you're looking for recently, everybody you saw in the last three hours was him."
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.