Author Topic: [PATHFINDER] Polymorph Any Object  (Read 3446 times)

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
[PATHFINDER] Polymorph Any Object
« on: March 16, 2010, 03:57:45 AM »
Let's assume I'm an Elf Conjurer5/Swordsage1/Incantatrix3 who uses a scroll of polymorph any object to turn into a bipedal Sarrukh (Serpent Kingdoms 80).  What aspects of the Sarrukh- SLAs, stats, natural armor, movement, darkvision, casting- should I get?
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

Eldariel

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: [PATHFINDER] Polymorph Any Object
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 07:21:40 AM »
Amusingly enough, Pathfinder PLA doesn't seem to be able to turn you into a Sarrukh at all as Sarrukh is a Monstrous Humanoid and the whole Polymorph-line conveniently lacks a spell that gives you Monstrous Humanoid shape. Alternatively, you could say you turn into it and gain nothing. Pathfinder Polymorphing in general only grants the benefits offered by the appropriate Polymorph-spell; Alter Self is the closest to Monstrous Humanoid-forms, which would gain you...+2 Str and the look of a Sarrukh. Yes, that's it. So of your list:
"SLAs, stats, natural armor, movement, darkvision, casting"

You'd gain Darkvision. Yeah, Pathfinder Polymorphing is pretty weak...then again, given it's quite broken in 3.5, that's kinda understandable.

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Re: [PATHFINDER] Polymorph Any Object
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 08:51:21 PM »
There was disagreement in 3.5 as well as to what PAO did.  "it changes one object or creature into another."  Based on the examples, it can transform inanimate objects into creatures; hit dice differences are no factor.  Surely it can grant me uber bennies for an eighth(!) level spell!

The main controversy is this line:

"This spell functions like greater polymorph, except that it changes one object or creature into another. You can use this spell to transform all manner of objects and creatures into new forms- you aren't limited to transforming a living creature into another living form."

So PAO functions "like" a lesser spell, but...  This seems like DM judgement.
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"