Author Topic: Expanded AoOs  (Read 1303 times)

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
Expanded AoOs
« on: March 10, 2010, 04:55:43 PM »
Possible houserule: any attack action can be used as an Attack of Opportunity. Along with making more of the combat maneuvers attack actions instead of standard actions, how does this affect the game?
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
Re: Expanded AoOs
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 04:58:17 PM »
Wait, you mean to tell me you can't all ready Trip/Grapple on an AoO? I thought that was a basic part of AoOs?

[spoiler][/spoiler]

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 05:31:10 PM »
I think he means ToB maneuvers.

It negates a couple of feats i've seen to use touch spells as AoO and makes ToB more powerful, relatively weakens everyone else since they didn't get any new toys.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 07:01:36 PM »
According to the SRD, you only get to make a single melee attack as an attack of opportunity. So no trip/grapple/etc. Touch spells wouldn't be able to be CAST as an AoO, because they're still a standard action, but they could be delivered if the charge is already stored. If a maneuver has an action of one attack action (so you can use it as part of a full attack), then yes, you could use it.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 07:09:37 PM »
According to the SRD, you only get to make a single melee attack as an attack of opportunity. So no trip/grapple/etc. Touch spells wouldn't be able to be CAST as an AoO, because they're still a standard action, but they could be delivered if the charge is already stored. If a maneuver has an action of one attack action (so you can use it as part of a full attack), then yes, you could use it.

Except you can replace any attack with a Trip/Grapple/Disarm/Sunder attempt all ready because none of them require the Attack Action:

As a melee attacka successful melee attack roll. If you get multiple attacks, you can attempt to start a grapple multiple times (at successively lower base attack bonuses).

You can use a melee attackmelee attack. You can only trip an opponent who is one size category larger than you, the same size, or smaller

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 01:32:45 AM »
Ah, ok, gotcha. I stand corrected.