Author Topic: A question to everyone on this board  (Read 6266 times)

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
A question to everyone on this board
« on: June 16, 2008, 03:36:16 PM »
Hello there folks! Here's the quote that pretty much explains why I made this thread:

Quote from: trappedslider
As a show of support for you Meg,despite offers from other boards,I have convinced most of the D20modern gang to bring stuff over here instead of keeping in that cespool...

Anyway, that is to say there might be a rush of people coming to this way as the d20 Modern is an active board at WotC. Keeping things organized is good for everyone and I offer my helping hand. The question is, do we need a Handy Links to this board as well? If so, I am willing to sustain it and I have no problem with that. Disregard all arguments based on the necessary work to do it, I can handle that, and give me opinions!

Handy Links

Hinthas

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
Re: A question to everyone on this board
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 03:41:26 PM »
That'd be mighty helpful for guys like me that lose things alot.

Thanks senor',
Doug
I am the thing that goes bump in the night and then I'll go, "F**k, that was my toe!"

Founder of the Rackhirean Social Club. Abusing and Terrifying players for  years and ourselves in the off season.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 03:52:38 PM »
That's what I though, why would the utilitarian value of a compilation thread be so much lower here?

Handy Links

Tema69

• Bi-Curious George
  • Dedicated WW2 GM.
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 05:27:53 PM »
Yup. I'd like one too. I guess I'm one of those guys Hinthas mentioned; I lose stuff. And I reboot my cpu often, which sometimes result in a loss of internet bookmarks... :/
So yeah, that'd be great.  :)
Tema69. 69 marks my affiliation to the ex-youth house on Jagtvej 69 in Copehagen, Denmark, a place where there used to be room for everyone until it was sold.

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=997.0
The Self-Proclaimed General Pulp/SteamPunk/Occult/Nazi thread! Drop by.

http://tema69.deviantart.com/
My DeviantArt account. Check by the gallery and drop a comment.

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=2528.0
Download my "Action Movie Realism" Rules* as well as my WW2 Supplement.
P.E.A.C.H.
* Available as a .pdf!

trappedslider

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 05:33:53 PM »
That's what I though, why would the utilitarian value of a compilation thread be so much lower here?

Do oyu mean soemthing like this:

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=655.0 the usefull D20 modern useful links list

EDIT: I'm be glad to work on for here,and merg it witn the old usefull links thread into a brand new super thread of links :D
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 05:35:26 PM by trappedslider »
All the above statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in somesense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 06:02:14 PM »
Sure, something like that, but mostly for links from this board. I would naturally include that fine thread to the list as it seems to be a very extensive source.

Handy Links

trappedslider

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 06:37:16 PM »
Well,gvie me a few days to finsh bring over a thread and I'll go around and it myself,that way I can learn more about this place and I know which parts will be good to add and whcih won't due to my knowledge of the D20 modern forum goers.
All the above statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in somesense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 07:14:06 PM »
If you are willing to take the post, feel free to. The secondary aim of this was to actually give me a spring board and a motive to take a deep dive to the world of d20 Modern, but I will find those things elsewhere.

As a hint, when you start the thread, ask Meg to sticky it.

Handy Links

trappedslider

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 02:13:51 AM »
If you are willing to take the post, feel free to. The secondary aim of this was to actually give me a spring board and a motive to take a deep dive to the world of d20 Modern, but I will find those things elsewhere.

As a hint, when you start the thread, ask Meg to sticky it.

:nonono Don't think you getting off that easy,I'm gonna need a helper,some one who goes forth and gathers the threads for me to add to the frist post.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 06:56:52 PM »
That'd probably work A LOT better the other way round, but I can help you with that.

Handy Links

trappedslider

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 07:46:54 PM »
That'd probably work A LOT better the other way round, but I can help you with that.

YEAH!

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 02:35:27 PM »
Huh?

Handy Links

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 03:01:29 PM »
YEAH!   :D
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 03:50:17 PM »
Am I the only one who's a little confused here?

So trappedslider do you want to create the thread and update it with my help or would you have it vice versa? I would actually prefer the latter as you have a lot more experience telling what to store and I have no problem with reading threads and updating the compilation.

Handy Links

trappedslider

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 08:47:55 PM »
Am I the only one who's a little confused here?

So trappedslider do you want to create the thread and update it with my help or would you have it vice versa? I would actually prefer the latter as you have a lot more experience telling what to store and I have no problem with reading threads and updating the compilation.

You find the links,i'll update the index by making a new thread with a new name

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2008, 03:35:20 PM »
Sure, I try to do that. Hopefully I recognize the important ones.

Handy Links

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2008, 04:38:47 PM »
If it seems like we need extra boards for d20 modern, etc, I'm happy to make child boards as needed!
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

Hinthas

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2008, 04:45:15 PM »
I'm sure all of us are very grateful of the opportunity that you allow us to use these boards for D20. By that statement, its to mean a G rated or PG-13 rated content? Which is fine because I drop F-bombs like a monster. I believe in a "family friendly" atmosphere that children can share with the parents.

Thank you, Meg.
Doug
I am the thing that goes bump in the night and then I'll go, "F**k, that was my toe!"

Founder of the Rackhirean Social Club. Abusing and Terrifying players for  years and ourselves in the off season.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2008, 05:05:39 PM »
As far as I've noticed D&D boards have been quite decent with their language, even though the board itself is G rated.

Handy Links

Tema69

• Bi-Curious George
  • Dedicated WW2 GM.
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2008, 06:13:37 PM »
Yeah, thanks a lot! :) It's real nice of you to let us settle here.
I don't think we need a child board, I think I'm one of the youngest/younger people around here.
But if you think we need one, go ahead. :) I'm just saying.
Tema69. 69 marks my affiliation to the ex-youth house on Jagtvej 69 in Copehagen, Denmark, a place where there used to be room for everyone until it was sold.

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=997.0
The Self-Proclaimed General Pulp/SteamPunk/Occult/Nazi thread! Drop by.

http://tema69.deviantart.com/
My DeviantArt account. Check by the gallery and drop a comment.

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=2528.0
Download my "Action Movie Realism" Rules* as well as my WW2 Supplement.
P.E.A.C.H.
* Available as a .pdf!