Author Topic: Looking for players: In shadows of kingdoms  (Read 38325 times)

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies
Re: Looking for players: In shadows of kingdoms
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2010, 01:37:36 PM »
Might I suggest some Swordsage and the Shadow Trickster feat (ToB)
well, maybe. i'm mainly into psion for the action abuse, but swordsage would be kinda nice(and sneaky to boot)
"There's more to apocalypse than running around like a maniac you know"
-B. M. Evilwizardington.
blogging at disasters made in china

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2010, 02:11:00 PM »
well, maybe. i'm mainly into psion for the action abuse, but swordsage would be kinda nice(and sneaky to boot)

Shadow Trickster would give +2 to illusion DC's while in SH stance too.
Placeholder - T'tosc

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2010, 02:20:43 PM »

Shadow Trickster would give +2 to illusion DC's while in SH stance too.

i'm completely feat starved, so i'll probably let that pass.
"There's more to apocalypse than running around like a maniac you know"
-B. M. Evilwizardington.
blogging at disasters made in china

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2010, 04:33:09 PM »
Glim Rockstabber is ready. My back story is in my character's description as well.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2010, 09:06:59 PM »
Gonna go Dark Pixie Warlock X/Wild Mage 6//Dark 1/Pixie 4/Rogue X/Other X

That'll give us some trap removal, and I should have fairly good defenses. Might even toss some levels of Swordsage and/or Binder in for even more fun. Maybe Mindbender 1 for Telepathy/mindsight, though I know at least one or more of you were planning on doing the same thing, so I might not bother.

I'll have a preliminary sheet up sometime after dinner,so a couple hours or so.
------------
Hmm... maybe I should drop Wild Mage. I just can't justify wasting two feats on a metamagic feat I can't use (unless Stormcrow would rule I could use a meta-SLA feat in its place), and Magical Aptitude is kind of a wasted feat, too. Otherwise it could be pretty awesome.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 10:58:21 PM by VennDygrem »

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2010, 12:50:59 AM »
about the Mindbender i will allow it still (still looking for the prc )

also I think I should also let you guys know i was going over my notes it is a rated R game so just a heads up on that

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2010, 01:03:35 AM »
Think I have his classes set this time, got his gear done (beyond mudane stuff), skills done, still need a yes or no so I can finish my maneuvers and stances, added a small back story, that leaves description and personality left to do, other than that I am ready, I think...

Krisrath Shadowskin

Anything you guy think can make him better would be appreciated.
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2010, 01:50:40 AM »
Gonna go Dark Pixie Warlock X/Wild Mage 6//Dark 1/Pixie 4/Rogue X/Other X

That'll give us some trap removal, and I should have fairly good defenses. Might even toss some levels of Swordsage and/or Binder in for even more fun. Maybe Mindbender 1 for Telepathy/mindsight, though I know at least one or more of you were planning on doing the same thing, so I might not bother.

I'll have a preliminary sheet up sometime after dinner,so a couple hours or so.
------------
Hmm... maybe I should drop Wild Mage. I just can't justify wasting two feats on a metamagic feat I can't use (unless Stormcrow would rule I could use a meta-SLA feat in its place), and Magical Aptitude is kind of a wasted feat, too. Otherwise it could be pretty awesome.

I have a fair bit in trap detection/removal right now. I can easily spend those skill points elsewhere though. Do you want to take it, double up on it, or have me keep it so you can work on other areas?

My character will be capable in combat but is specialized to remove a spellcaster's spell slots and buffs as quickly as possible.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

mans0011

• Curious George
  • Too much Aizen Hate to go around....
« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2010, 01:54:12 AM »
about the Mindbender i will allow it still (still looking for the prc )

also I think I should also let you guys know i was going over my notes it is a rated R game so just a heads up on that

Mindbender is Complete Arcane.

Edit:
Can I have Artificer Thrall craft my gear off screen (before the game begins)?

Also, can my Thrall (not followers) be gestalt, too? It's not that big a deal, he's never going to be in combat with me. -shrug-

And will Mindbender's +1 caster level translate over to +1 Manifester level?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 03:36:18 AM by mans0011 »
OOC-well for that matter he could just ride on my sword, that's about 15' ;)
OOC - That's what SHE said!  But, otherwise, that works for me, if you guys are willing.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2010, 01:59:17 AM »
Stormcrow, would you let me change the prerequisites to Wild Mage at all? Magical Aptitude and all those other feats that just give +2 to a couple skills just don't stack up compared to other feats. If you'd be up for it, provisionally at least, I can try to find an appropriate feat to take in its place, even if you deem it must be one I wouldn't already be planning to take, or you could select one I'd have to take instead (or if you wanted to alter Magical Aptitude to make it somewhat worth taking). Also, would you let me take a meta-spell-like-ability feat instead of a metamagic feat to qualify for the PrC? (ie: Instead of empower spell, I could use the Empower spell-like ability feat to qualify)

For reference, Wild Mage is in Complete Arcane.

Nevermind, it looks like Wild Mage just won't be worth it.
-----------
@archangel: If you've already got it, that would save me the hassle of dumping skill ranks into it. With only 1 level of rogue, I'd have to spend double points to get each rank above those from 1st level.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 04:40:27 PM by VennDygrem »

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2010, 04:42:08 AM »
Almost done with my sheet, wondering if homebrew was allowed at all, because a better swashbuckler would be nice. I understand that, with gestalt rules, it might be not allowed.

Like I said, almost done, and then I'll post my sheet. Are legacy weapons go?
Whistling...

Also, is it possible my human warrior might be able to enter Eternal Blade, despite not being an elf? I hate fluff racial prerequisites, here's hoping you do too.

Status update: Suzuki Toshi, Warden (like a policeman) of Psions and Wizards, buff-monster combat gish, is on his way...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 08:23:22 AM by Flay Crimsonwind »

mans0011

• Curious George
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2010, 12:38:25 PM »
Almost done with my sheet, wondering if homebrew was allowed at all, because a better swashbuckler would be nice. I understand that, with gestalt rules, it might be not allowed.

Like I said, almost done, and then I'll post my sheet. Are legacy weapons go?
Whistling...

Also, is it possible my human warrior might be able to enter Eternal Blade, despite not being an elf? I hate fluff racial prerequisites, here's hoping you do too.

Status update: Suzuki Toshi, Warden (like a policeman) of Psions and Wizards, buff-monster combat gish, is on his way...

When you say Warden... do you mean "Up against the wall, mother fucker!!" or do you mean "Don't hurt the psion!"? lol...
OOC - That's what SHE said!  But, otherwise, that works for me, if you guys are willing.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2010, 06:35:46 PM »
When you say Warden... do you mean "Up against the wall, mother fucker!!" or do you mean "Don't hurt the psion!"? lol...
It's 1/2 defending them from mobs of crazies who are prejudiced like was mentioned by Stormcrow, and 1/2 "Psion Harry Blackstone, illegal magical actions for forcibly binding others to your will violates the Fourth Law of Magic, no further violations will be tolerated. Sentence for this violation is death, by the sword, to be carried out at once."

Seriously, you've gotta read the Dresden files, some of the best supernatural fiction going right now. Here's a free tester for ya, all legal.

mans0011

• Curious George
« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2010, 06:45:36 PM »
It's 1/2 defending them from mobs of crazies who are prejudiced like was mentioned by Stormcrow, and 1/2 "Psion Harry Blackstone, illegal magical actions for forcibly binding others to your will violates the Fourth Law of Magic, no further violations will be tolerated. Sentence for this violation is death, by the sword, to be carried out at once."

Seriously, you've gotta read the Dresden files, some of the best supernatural fiction going right now. Here's a free tester for ya, all legal.

Sweet. I'm looking forward to all this.

My character is the up-and-coming lord of the underworld (not Underdark...) and he wants to replace one of the current guilds/gangs/whatever. On the surface, he is helping to rid the world of these evil dudes, but he's really just replacing them and infiltrating all aspects of society. Even the police... :3

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2010, 07:20:40 PM »
So Stormcrow, are there any limits on the amount of our wealth we can spend on any one item?
I want a Chasuble of Fell Power to boost my Eldritch Blast damage, but it costs 8000 gp and that takes up a lot of my starting wealth. An equivalent item for Dragonfire Adepts (Dragon Spirit Cincture, MiC) only costs 2000 gp, which seems unfairly balanced. :/

But if I want to boost my damage, that's what I have to have.

Do you guys think I should just hold off for now and try to get one later?

mans0011

• Curious George
« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2010, 07:40:08 PM »
So Stormcrow, are there any limits on the amount of our wealth we can spend on any one item?
I want a Chasuble of Fell Power to boost my Eldritch Blast damage, but it costs 8000 gp and that takes up a lot of my starting wealth. An equivalent item for Dragonfire Adepts (Dragon Spirit Cincture, MiC) only costs 2000 gp, which seems unfairly balanced. :/

But if I want to boost my damage, that's what I have to have.

Do you guys think I should just hold off for now and try to get one later?

I've got an Artificer Thrall. perhaps we can work something out ;)

Also, Flay, I like the Dresden Files :D
Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2010, 07:58:36 PM »
Also, Flay, I like the Dresden Files :D
Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face.
The next one (number... 12, actually) comes out 4 days before my birthday. If none of my friends grabs it for me out of spite, I swear I'm just buying the hardcover (despite liking paperback more) just because I'm jonesing for it.

Also, I've decided feck the legacy weapon, but Stormcrow, what do you think about this modified (non-suck) version of the swashbuckler? Soon as I get the yae/nae on it, I'll be done.

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2010, 09:26:51 PM »
As for the mind bender now that i have read it over I will allow the modification you requested but as for taking the class you still have to meet the requirements

As for Legendary weapons at the start let me think on it ... ... ... hell no you have to find them. Research them then find and or kill the pore bustard that already has it.

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: March 13, 2010, 10:18:44 PM »
As for Legendary weapons at the start let me think on it ... ... ... hell no you have to find them. Research them then find and or kill the pore bustard that already has it.
What about making custom ones to find?

Do I have to select maneuvers and stances on the level I gain more known ones or can I wait?
Raw yes but it isn't an unreasonable house rule to let you delay it or swap a stance when you could normally swap a maneuver but those would be house rules and a DM call.
Alright.

Stormcrow, would you allow the gaining of maneuvers and stances on a level after the fact?
Also, had you decided on fractional BAB and saves?
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #99 on: March 13, 2010, 11:24:37 PM »
as to the feets and stances ok i will give i gess

as for the custom legenary weapions be me the stats and i will look at it i may or may not put it in the campain ( and yes there is hiden places of power or powerful characters that already have most legendary items but like i said it depends on what it is