Author Topic: Let's all go to Gencon now that Zeke is going  (Read 2484 times)

Zeke

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Let's all go to Gencon now that Zeke is going
« on: June 09, 2008, 10:50:25 PM »
But seriously.....

The triumvirate of gaming power will be united in Indianapolis.

One of the things I like the most about cons, is also the thing I like the most about the podcast and this board, and that is discussion of gameology.

So, I propose this: A gameology discussion with drinks and snacks, just like over privileged intellectuals in the 18th and 19th centuries. Not just a bunch of people sitting around yapping, although that's awesome and will happen, but an organized thoughtful  discussion with booze.

So I need a few things from y'all. I need one or more persons to play Tim Russert and ringmaster this circus. I also need some topics and or discussion questions. Help me advance the science of gameology.

AlterFrom

• Donkey Kong
  • Super Special Awesome
Re: Let's all go to Gencon now that Zeke is going
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 11:58:43 PM »
If it's going to be an open discussion (which is what I gathered from your post), you probably can't go wrong with the topics from your podcasts. Some of the better ones, IMO, would be "Min/Maxing", "The 7 Words", "Love and Sex in games", and "Game Balance".

Further, I can see some great (albeit maybe a bit more silly) discussion coming from the topic of "Tabletop Superstitions", where people could talk about their gametable habits with dice/minis/etc.

Discussion Moving Questions: (for when the talking just stalls for some reason)
  • When and how did you get into gaming?
  • Do you prefer bigger or smaller groups for gaming?
  • Do you prefer gaming with people you know very well, or with complete strangers? Maybe somewhere inbetween?
  • If you could game with any other 4 people, who would they be?
  • What do you think of the new tech tools for gaming? Virtual Tabletops, Play by Post, electronic dicerollers, and so on.
  • Worst experience ever in a game?
  • Best experience ever in a game?
Siggy
[spoiler]TIRED OF TRYING TO MANAGE FILES ACROSS SEVERAL COMPUTERS? GET DROPBOX AND SIMPLIFY THE PROCESS!

xkcd. It Rocks.

Tick, tock, Tick, tock...

FYI: I lose a couple years off my life anytime I see I have a PM.

We're ALL rules lawyers here. The BEST at what we do, too. It's like a Tom Grisham novel in which everybody at the top law firm is a dirty crook, but they all know the rules so well that TECHNICALLY speaking, they aren't breaking them...:eh

[/spoiler]

Solo Phoenix

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • My deviantArt
    • Email
Re: Let's all go to Gencon now that Zeke is going
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 05:14:18 AM »
Curse my internationalism, now I REALLY want to go!
Advice to gamer girls looking for love: The odds are very good, but the goods are very odd.<br /><br />They call it a clam for a reason.