Author Topic: Need help/critique on a Crusader/Incarnate  (Read 4267 times)

Tonymitsu

• Bi-Curious George
Re: Need help/critique on a Crusader/Incarnate
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2010, 07:42:29 PM »
Hmm.... Azure Talent is pretty nice, although I don't see where you get four PP for one essentia.

The feat says that if you have the ability to bind a chakra to your crown (you don't have to do it either, just have the ability to do it), you get an extra bonus 2 PP so long as you invest at least one point of essentia in the feat.
Since Incarnate 2 gives you chakra bind (crown), investing 1 essentia into the feat gives you 2 PP + an extra 2 for having that ability.

But if you don't invest anything in the feat, it might as well say "Take this feat to gain 1 point of essentia"... which I guess has it's own merits.

Incarnum is very dippable, but it does require some attention if you're looking to have lots of essentia.

The other stuff...hmmm. That Heal Strike is quite nice, BUT mainly for the other afflictions it can remove, not necessarily for the HPs it can heal. I really can't tell you whether it's "worthwhile". I suggest just playing for a bit and then deciding whether you need more maneuvers, or more essentia. Because sometimes it's bad to think TOO much in advance.
Ideally, however, if you delay Crusader yet one more level, it's best to delay it when it helps you aquiring a higher level stance, since stances come at fixed levels.

So most likely one level after the Barbarian dip.  Of course the other option would be to skip it since I'll have so little essentia anyway Expanded Soul Meld probably won't be of much use.

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
Re: Need help/critique on a Crusader/Incarnate
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2010, 08:50:18 AM »
Missed that bit in Azure Talent, makes it even better. However, it also binds your single point of Incarnum for the day...

Incarnate 3 would give you another point of essentia, AFAIK, and increase your capacity. Well... it's a close call. I would not make this decision now. When, during play, you realize that you don't get enough healing from the Therapeutic mantle, but think that another 2 points per hit would be worthwhile, then you can get Incarnate 3.

Of course you don't have to be fully healed after each fight. The goal should be increasing your effective combat time until you need healing or go down. After fights it's pretty simple to always be fully healed, and the cost is low enough to be nearly negligable - as long as SOMEONE in your party can use wands of LV.