Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question: Have At Thee!  (Read 117302 times)

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
Re: Ask a Simple Question: Have At Thee!
« Reply #800 on: March 26, 2010, 09:08:48 PM »
Q 192: Is there a Leadership Handbook anywhere?  I'm trying to figure out what cohort I should get for my 6th level dark (template) gnome SCM. (+3 charisma)
Numbered that for ya.

Q 193:  What good are the second set of arms that a Draegloth possesses?  I'm sure he could use them to cast spells or activate wands, etc, but can he use them to wield weapons?  Could he primary attack with a sword in his little hands, then get claw/claw/bite as secondary natural attacks, using his big hands?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

LunaticsLament

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #801 on: March 26, 2010, 09:29:28 PM »
Q 192: Is there a Leadership Handbook anywhere?  I'm trying to figure out what cohort I should get for my 6th level dark (template) gnome SCM. (+3 charisma)
Numbered that for ya.

Thank you
"The capacity of the human mind for swallowing nonsense and spewing it forth in violent and repressive action has never yet been plumbed. "
~Robert Heinlein

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #802 on: March 26, 2010, 09:32:12 PM »
Q 184: Why is Reverse Gravity considered a killer spell? I am clearly missing something, since the way I read it, the area of Reversed Gravity is "up to one 10-ft. cube per two levels", and falling damage is (by DMG) 1d6 for every 10 feet you fall; that means 1d6 per two levels if you pile up the cubes, which doesn't seem to be that much to me. Is there any other effect that makes it good, or am I misinterpreting something?
Gate (the travel version) above/beneath them, to send them somewhere nasty.

Or Prismatic Wall/Sphere/etc to do the same.

You have to do something else to them, though. As you've noted, you sure aren't going to do much besides tickle them with the falling damage.

Negative Energy Plane. That's the only nice place to send your enemies.

Did you mean the positive energy plane? Undead thrive on the NEP, but even positive energy based creatures die in the PEP.
By strict RAW, negative energy creatures THRIVE on the PEP.

They're immune to Death By Awesome, and still get the fast healing.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #803 on: March 26, 2010, 10:06:28 PM »
Q 193:  What good are the second set of arms that a Draegloth possesses?  I'm sure he could use them to cast spells or activate wands, etc, but can he use them to wield weapons?  Could he primary attack with a sword in his little hands, then get claw/claw/bite as secondary natural attacks, using his big hands?

Multiweapon fighting for double TWF. Straight awesome.
Or TWF two handers.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #804 on: March 26, 2010, 11:29:57 PM »
Bump this question...
Q 186 I know of Magic in the Blood, which is good for racial creatures that get more uses of their spell-like abilities (ie gnomes), but what about a feat that gives you additional spell-like abilities per day when you got them as a feat, or anything like that? Aside from Eberron's "use 2 action points to gain an additional use per day".

And add this one...
Q 194 My character has come across a smithy that can add a +1 minor alterable quality or a +2 major alterable quality to his weapon. Where is that from? And can the minor be put on a short sword to make it into a rapier, or do I need to take the +2?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #805 on: March 26, 2010, 11:32:27 PM »
Bump this question...
Q 186 I know of Magic in the Blood, which is good for racial creatures that get more uses of their spell-like abilities (ie gnomes), but what about a feat that gives you additional spell-like abilities per day when you got them as a feat, or anything like that? Aside from Eberron's "use 2 action points to gain an additional use per day".

And add this one...
Q 194 My character has come across a smithy that can add a +1 minor alterable quality or a +2 major alterable quality to his weapon. Where is that from? And can the minor be put on a short sword to make it into a rapier, or do I need to take the +2?
As far as I know, the first doesn't exist.

Dunno what the second is either.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Fluffles

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #806 on: March 27, 2010, 12:13:06 AM »
Q195 Is there an official WotC epic Totemist progression?

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #807 on: March 27, 2010, 12:25:42 AM »
Magic of Incarnum Page 213.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Fluffles

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #808 on: March 27, 2010, 12:28:24 AM »

Huh. How about that.  :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #809 on: March 27, 2010, 12:30:37 AM »

Huh. How about that.  :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead
Generally, the epic progressions are in the same books that introduce the class.  Dungeonscape, Heroes of Horror, Tome of Battle, and Tome of Magic are the exceptions that first come to mind.  And the PHB.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

xeno121

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #810 on: March 27, 2010, 02:03:56 AM »
Q196: Is there a way to combine 2 magic items, such as bracers of armor and bracers of dexterity together?
First off, the Joker is a smooth operator. He is very good at convincing people of things, twisting them to further his goals. This is the guy who turned Harvy Dent into Two Face with a simple Bluff check and ten minutes of RP.

ShneekeyTheLost

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
« Reply #811 on: March 27, 2010, 02:08:08 AM »
Q196: Is there a way to combine 2 magic items, such as bracers of armor and bracers of dexterity together?
Yes, one of them gets counted as slotless, I believe.  It discusses this in either the DMG or the Arms and Equipment Guide.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #812 on: March 27, 2010, 02:13:49 AM »
Yes, one of them gets counted as slotless, I believe.  It discusses this in either the DMG or the Arms and Equipment Guide.

Actually the MIC has rules for combining items.

xeno121

« Reply #813 on: March 27, 2010, 02:39:17 AM »

Thanks for the help
First off, the Joker is a smooth operator. He is very good at convincing people of things, twisting them to further his goals. This is the guy who turned Harvy Dent into Two Face with a simple Bluff check and ten minutes of RP.

ShneekeyTheLost

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #814 on: March 27, 2010, 02:56:28 AM »
Bump this question...

And add this one...
As far as I know, the first doesn't exist.

Dunno what the second is either.
Might be a 3rd party compatible book, but I don't know. I do know I saw it before, just can't remember for the life of me where.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Garryl

• Hong Kong
« Reply #815 on: March 27, 2010, 03:04:03 AM »

Thanks for the help

The basic gist of it can be found in the SRD, though it's not directly presented as such.

The general idea is that if you have more than one effect in a single space, the cheaper effects cost 50% extra. Slotless items cost 100% extra, so you save a bit of money by combining effects instead. The MIC expands upon this and allows for certain effects to not count against the 50% extra cost.
A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
General listing of my homebrew.
Links to things I've worked on
[spoiler]
Idiot Crusader, refreshing maneuvers for free every round.
The Opposed Checks Handbook - Under construction.
Adaptations Handbook - Under construction.
[/spoiler]

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #816 on: March 27, 2010, 03:07:51 AM »
Q181 Is there any good dictionaries for fantasy languages (elven, dwarven, etc.).
Q197 Does the wyrmling dragon given to a Dracolyte age (gain HD, become awesome)?
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

xeno121

« Reply #817 on: March 27, 2010, 05:17:11 AM »
Q198: Do you determine your maximum ranks in skills by class levels or ECL?

ShneekeyTheLost

Anklebite

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I shall play you the song of my people.
« Reply #818 on: March 27, 2010, 05:21:26 AM »
Q198: Do you determine your maximum ranks in skills by class levels or ECL?
A198: HD+3
I do not suffer from paranoia; I enjoy every second of it.
Pioneer of the Ultimate Magus + Sublime Chord + Ultimate Magus combo

Rune

• Monkey bussiness
    • Personal homepage
    • Email
« Reply #819 on: March 27, 2010, 05:21:51 AM »
Q199
Do you gain feats every 3rd level, when taking the Brown Bear (Lycanthrope) Class?
//Rune