Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question: Have At Thee!  (Read 117056 times)

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
Re: Ask a Simple Question: Have At Thee!
« Reply #240 on: March 10, 2010, 02:38:00 PM »
or you could do what the creator of that feat intended and add +2 to the spell level :shrug (for the purpose of price simplification, of course)
I'm away from my books. What is this referring to?  Is there some mention in the feat that implies the above?
there is nothing in the books that refer to this, implied or otherwise.  I'm just taking it from the "horse's mouth" -- which is now linked at the bottom of my sig.  It seems reasonable, to the point that my group has happily incorporated it in to all of our games.
:notlistening IT DOESN'T EXIST IT DOESN'T EXIST IT DOESN'T EXIST-

I never saw that. in fact, no one ever saw that.  :whistle  NOOOO DON'T TAKE MY GREENBOUND SUMMONING!  :tantrum
:lmao  sorry about that.  I feel your pain -- I really do (I've just had a while for it to sink in)

alright, I think we got off track with the #'s (go ahead and check the last page or 2)

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I can't find it:
Q54
Are there any feats for a non-dragon to increase the # of natural attacks per round?
A54: Rapidstrike works for aberrations as well, IIRC.  I don't know of a general feat for just any type, though.
yeah, I was just going by memory when I wrote that -- usable by aberrations, dragons, elementals, magical beasts, and plants.
I'm looking for something to make my prospective Animal Lord a little more viable in combat (looks like I'm gonna have to start a thread on it).

thanks, y'all.

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #241 on: March 10, 2010, 02:38:39 PM »
Q42: Does an Ur priest lose anything by voluntarily converting to a god?
bump lol.
his "PC" status?  :shrug

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
  • PM me if you're interested in some Arena action!
« Reply #242 on: March 10, 2010, 03:07:22 PM »
Q55:  Is there an item, preferably from MIC, that gives the Blind-Fight feat?
Are you worthy of Ascension?
Always accepting gladiators!  Now with a new and improved rule set!

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #243 on: March 10, 2010, 03:14:34 PM »
Q55:  Is there an item, preferably from MIC, that gives the Blind-Fight feat?
A lot of them give you the blindsense or blindsight (my personal fave) ability, but yes there are items that give blind-fight. In particular, you have the Corsair's Eyepatch on page 90 but it only works for 1 minute, but can be activated 3/day. Just depends on what eye you put it on. The other ability is letting you see invisible.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
  • PM me if you're interested in some Arena action!
« Reply #244 on: March 10, 2010, 03:30:44 PM »
Huh, never noticed that little item before.  Quite handy, thanks!

And for the record, my character already has blindsense, but that still gives him 50% miss chance when attacking invisible foes.  So Blind-Fight will definitely up his odds.  Thanks again.
Are you worthy of Ascension?
Always accepting gladiators!  Now with a new and improved rule set!

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #245 on: March 10, 2010, 03:32:18 PM »
Huh, never noticed that little item before.  Quite handy, thanks!

And for the record, my character already has blindsense, but that still gives him 50% miss chance when attacking invisible foes.  So Blind-Fight will definitely up his odds.  Thanks again.
Not by much though. Either way you're going to be 50/50 unless having both now gives you 75/25. And I prefer blindsight myself. It doesn't go out very far, but you see everything regardless, and no worries about gaze attacks.

Q 56 Anyone come up with a way to make Unholy Toughness an actual feat yet, or is it still just a SA for undead?

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #246 on: March 10, 2010, 04:01:47 PM »
Q42: Does an Ur priest lose anything by voluntarily converting to a god?
bump lol.
his "PC" status?  :shrug
He wouldn't lose anything, really.  Turns out, Ur-Priests have no mechanical limitations against worshipping a god at all, they just can't cast divine spells other than what the PrC grants.

Q57: What Prestige Classes are there that a Warlock can enter without losing casting advancement?  I'm looking for 8 levels worth if possible.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 04:16:20 PM by snakeman830 »
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #247 on: March 10, 2010, 05:08:26 PM »
A 57: Off the top of my head, a Hellfire warlock is a good way to start, but it's only 3 levels. Other than that, the only ones I can think of are Eldritch ones (Complete Mag), but they're the equivalent to the Mystic Theurge in that you need either divine or arcane as well.

Q 58 How exactly does a monk's Ki Strike (lawful) work. Is it the same way an Axiomatic weapon does. Goes past DR/lawful and deals 2d6 to chaotic creatures? Are there actually creatures out there that have lawful as a DR? I know I can't think of any.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #248 on: March 10, 2010, 05:10:01 PM »

Q 58 How exactly does a monk's Ki Strike (lawful) work. Is it the same way an Axiomatic weapon does. Goes past DR/lawful and deals 2d6 to chaotic creatures? Are there actually creatures out there that have lawful as a DR? I know I can't think of any.
Sharns.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Anklebite

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I shall play you the song of my people.
« Reply #249 on: March 10, 2010, 05:15:51 PM »
A 57: Off the top of my head, a Hellfire warlock is a good way to start, but it's only 3 levels. Other than that, the only ones I can think of are Eldritch ones (Complete Mag), but they're the equivalent to the Mystic Theurge in that you need either divine or arcane as well.

it just bypasses DR/lawful.
I do not suffer from paranoia; I enjoy every second of it.
Pioneer of the Ultimate Magus + Sublime Chord + Ultimate Magus combo

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #250 on: March 10, 2010, 05:16:59 PM »

Sharns.
Care to be a bit more specific? I took it as a need to look at Sharn City of Towers and that didn't show me much.

it just bypasses DR/lawful.
I was afraid you were going to say that. Which again, I must ask my second question as to what's affected by that?

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #251 on: March 10, 2010, 05:33:02 PM »
Q59: What classes give a Wizard circle magic? Hathran, Halruuan Elder, Red Wizard... anything else?

MyndBulletz

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Omnia Mutantur, Nihil Interit.
« Reply #252 on: March 10, 2010, 05:53:16 PM »

Sharns.
Care to be a bit more specific? I took it as a need to look at Sharn City of Towers and that didn't show me much.

The Sharn creature in Anauroch: The Empire Of Shade, page 153. Also a few in Fiendish Codex I have this DR.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 05:58:02 PM by MyndBulletz »
Winning a dispute on the internet is like getting a gold medal at the Special Olympics. Sure you won...but you're still retarded.

Viletta Vadim

• Curious George
  • Metal Genocider, maximum shooto!
« Reply #253 on: March 10, 2010, 05:54:52 PM »
Q60 Dealing damage ends a Calm Emotions spell.  However, what if dealing damage delivers the Calm Emotions spell?  Like, say, a living Calm Emotions slams someone.  Would the damage from the slam attack negate the Calm Emotion effect as it comes into play?

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #254 on: March 10, 2010, 05:57:31 PM »
The Sharn creature in Anauroch: The Empire Of Shade, page 153.
Wow. The chances of meeting that thing... go monks. Oh, and OA Samurai's as per the 3.5 update (gain honorable/lawful on swords when wielding them).

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #255 on: March 10, 2010, 05:57:59 PM »

Sharns.

Slaads too (MM1).
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #256 on: March 10, 2010, 06:01:56 PM »
Wow. The chances of meeting that thing... go monks. Oh, and OA Samurai's as per the 3.5 update (gain honorable/lawful on swords when wielding them).
Hey, a monk could very well be your only source of lawful damage to put it down for good (regeneration/lawful is a bitch to overcome.)
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #257 on: March 10, 2010, 06:02:20 PM »
Slaads too (MM1).
Just the Gray and Death ones.

Just found Titans have it as well.

Hey, a monk could very well be your only source of lawful damage to put it down for good (regeneration/lawful is a bitch to overcome.)
I suppose.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #258 on: March 10, 2010, 06:05:29 PM »
Q60 Dealing damage ends a Calm Emotions spell.  However, what if dealing damage delivers the Calm Emotions spell?  Like, say, a living Calm Emotions slams someone.  Would the damage from the slam attack negate the Calm Emotion effect as it comes into play?

Theoretically, since the spell is resolved last, it should probably be treated as having come after the effect, and not before. Therefore, the slam delivering the spell doesn't end it.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

MyndBulletz

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Omnia Mutantur, Nihil Interit.
« Reply #259 on: March 10, 2010, 06:16:57 PM »
Q 61: If a creature has LA +4 (cohort), does that mean that creature can only be a PC's cohort?
Winning a dispute on the internet is like getting a gold medal at the Special Olympics. Sure you won...but you're still retarded.