Author Topic: Dominant Ideal+Synchronicity Nova, extra standard actions for only 1 pp.  (Read 14969 times)

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
A) I would like to see this build when you are done with it.

B)What is this "Monty trick" that you speak of?

Monty and the Terminator.  He basically used a time loop to constantly check on the past (which ostensibly I imagine can check on the future as well), and I would imagine with the right trickery he could effectively remove himself from the time stream altogether.  My goal is to rebuild the CL as both the C-L Mk III, and to include APP (Anti-Pun-pun) capability, while also using this little combo of endless actions.  I should think since it all occurs on the same turn, one could theoretically manifest infinite powers (since we're recharging), take infinite actions (since we're getting Syncho any time we want), and move infinite distance across any planar boundary (actions/moves/powers), all while never actually depleting a single resource.  Hence, the Time Lord :)
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Quick update, as I don't have constant internet yet, but with Ardent 10 (Dominant Ideal : Time)/AnythingGetting9's 10, the 1 pt Synchronicity Nova when Twinned for free (a la being on the DI mantle and having the Metapsionic's feat reducing it's cost even further), with Earth Power and a Torq, amounts to 1 pp manifestation of a shared twinned linked Synchro (ready action version), allowing for use to recharge and continue the action loop thanks to Affinity Field.  You only ever stop when you feel like it, and since with Sense Danger, you're never surprised, and Temporal Reiteration, you can reuse rounds, you'll always have an immediate action available as well to interrupt anyone with a readied action.  Between the various powers to skip through time, you can simultaneously be anywhere, period, at any time, and will always have exactly enough pp and turns to defeat your enemy.  Welcome to the future Chrono-Legionaire, now rechristened the Chronolord :)
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Azrael

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
I mean...my character already does all that...if he wants to that is...

Hell, you don't even need anything super complicated. You just need a Psion 5, Metamind 10...

I think we are all forgetting who invented this combo in the first place (not Dominant Ideal, I can't claim that one; but the synchronicity nova).
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 05:47:45 PM by Azrael »

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
I mean...my character already does all that...if he wants to that is...

Hell, you don't even need anything super complicated. You just need a Psion 5, Metamind 10...

I think we are all forgetting who invented this combo in the first place (not Dominant Ideal, I can't claim that one; but the synchronicity nova).

Very true, it is a rehash of a known trick.  The difference is the Ardent with Dominant Ideal can do it while retaining and regaining infinitely his psionic focus.  I see that as a significant improvement.  He's got all the usual (well most of the usual) regular caster tricks with none of the drawbacks (like...running out of slots).  I wouldn't quite put him up there in SCM/UM/Incantatrix territory, since those can emulate anything psionics can do, but then again, nothing short of or including Pun-pun is in that cadre of awesome.
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!