Author Topic: Dominant Ideal+Synchronicity Nova, extra standard actions for only 1 pp.  (Read 14946 times)

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
This is the reason I ban Synchronicity.
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar

Quote from: The Police circa 1983
Synchronicity
Synchronicity
Synchronicity
Synchronicity

<verse>

Synchronicity
Synchronicity
Synchronicity
Synchronicity

<verse>

Synchronicity
Synchronicity
Synchronicity
Synchronicity

etc ...

:D

nijineko

• King Kong
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton...
all rightie, time for me to blatantly display either my ignorance or my lack of logic. i've read over the syncronicity power, and i don't quite see how you get extra actions out of it. would someone please be kind to the poor kitty and lay out the chain of events / logic tree on this?
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?
Never game alone again!
KadoKado! Game for gifts!
The Ultimate Dice Rolling Engine

asdfjkl

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
all rightie, time for me to blatantly display either my ignorance or my lack of logic. i've read over the syncronicity power, and i don't quite see how you get extra actions out of it. would someone please be kind to the poor kitty and lay out the chain of events / logic tree on this?

Round One: Manifest Synchronicity linked with another Synchronicity as a standard action.  Ready your action from the first Synchronicity to do whatever you want with your standard action, let's say manifest Ego Whip.  Take your move action and your swift action.

Round Two: The linked Synchronicity goes off without using up any actions or pp from you (you already paid the cost last round as part of Link Power).  Ready a standard action, let's say Ego Whip again (or any action if you augmented it) to use before your next turn.  Manifest the Ego Whip you readied now.  Now take your actions as normal this round.  I suggest the routine from Round One.

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies

Round One: Manifest Synchronicity linked with another Synchronicity as a standard action.  Ready your action from the first Synchronicity to do whatever you want with your standard action, let's say manifest Ego Whip.  Take your move action and your swift action.

Round Two: The linked Synchronicity goes off without using up any actions or pp from you (you already paid the cost last round as part of Link Power).  Ready a standard action, let's say Ego Whip again (or any action if you augmented it) to use before your next turn.  Manifest the Ego Whip you readied now.  Now take your actions as normal this round.  I suggest the routine from Round One.
except you use the standard action from the non-linked synchronicity to get another synchronicity with linkz up, until you think you have enough.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 08:41:12 AM by Hijax »
"There's more to apocalypse than running around like a maniac you know"
-B. M. Evilwizardington.
blogging at disasters made in china

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Meanwhile, in Sigil, a sharn factotum//RKV has already used up all the standard actions in the game, so you're left with a

Code: [Select]
VEND ERROR
OUT OF SELECTION
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies
Meanwhile, in Sigil, a sharn factotum//RKV has already used up all the standard actions in the game, so you're left with a

VEND ERROR
OUT OF SELECTION

i'm sorry, he ran out of IP a long time ago. unless you rule that you have infinite IP out of combat?
-B. M. Evilwizardington.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing

VEND ERROR
OUT OF SELECTION

i'm sorry, he ran out of IP a long time ago. unless you rule that you have infinite IP out of combat?
He's a sharn with multiple personality disorder.  Two of his three heads are always starting a new combat each round.
Planetouched Handbook

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies

VEND ERROR
OUT OF SELECTION

He's a sharn with multiple personality disorder.  Two of his three heads are always starting a new combat each round.
:lmao
-B. M. Evilwizardington.

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email

VEND ERROR
OUT OF SELECTION

So does that mean that if we force an affinity field on him he'll be in a state of constant temporal flux if we make him reiterate the last round?  That'd make for the anatomy lesson from hell...an inside out sharn :P
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing

VEND ERROR
OUT OF SELECTION

So does that mean that if we force an affinity field on him he'll be in a state of constant temporal flux if we make him reiterate the last round?  That'd make for the anatomy lesson from hell...an inside out sharn :P
I think their flavor text is that they're already an insideout plane of chaos.  Somehow.
Planetouched Handbook

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email

VEND ERROR
OUT OF SELECTION

I think their flavor text is that they're already an insideout plane of chaos.  Somehow.

Given their work with time-wrinkle portals, I always considered them 4 or 5 dimensional beings myself.
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Rymosrac

• Curious George
  • You were expecting?
    • Email
Retarded psi-noob question: What prevents a Bestow Power recharge setup from raising your power point total above your original max PP/Day?
Shh. My common sense is tingling. . .

Phoenix00

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
Retarded psi-noob question: What prevents a Bestow Power recharge setup from raising your power point total above your original max PP/Day?

Nothing besides the dm wracking you on your head with his hardcover dungeon master's guide

Rymosrac

• Curious George
  • You were expecting?
    • Email
Yeah, I'm looking into getting that thing padded. . .
Shh. My common sense is tingling. . .

lianightdemon

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
make him a boffer weapon from pvc pipe and pipe foam and open cell foam and duct tape. Then it won't hurt so much when he beats you with it.

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies
so, every morning, you use these tricks to multiply your pp with 2x, where x is rounds used. an hour later, you have 4,1495155688809929585124078636912e+180 times the power pint you stated the day with. this is the amount of standard action you can get on the second round. have a nice day.
-B. M. Evilwizardington.

Anklebite

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I shall play you the song of my people.
so, every morning, you use these tricks to multiply your pp with 2x, where x is rounds used. an hour later, you have 4,1495155688809929585124078636912e+180 times the power pint you stated the day with. this is the amount of standard action you can get on the second round. have a nice day.

I think that the build needs a level of warlock or DFA.
I do not suffer from paranoia; I enjoy every second of it.
Pioneer of the Ultimate Magus + Sublime Chord + Ultimate Magus combo

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies

I think that the build needs a level of warlock or DFA.

no reason you wouldn't

even if they're immune all your magic fu, you can still just beat the bajeesus out of them in melee. it's like charge modifiers, except you multiply attacks instead of damage, and they're a lot bigger.

though, a hood with this would be.... scary.
-B. M. Evilwizardington.

Azrael

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Actually the metamind is the best action abuser in the game.

Not only do they not have to worry about PP recharge they get infinite actions on turn 0 if they use sense danger.