Author Topic: Elemental Mage test game  (Read 10591 times)

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Elemental Mage test game
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2010, 06:24:27 PM »
Ok, this should do it, I think.

Grizz

Makes me remember why I always hate starting at 1st level. :D
reminder your shield and weapons weigh 1/2 as well. I was checking that for mine too.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2010, 06:27:00 PM »

Grizz

reminder your shield and weapons weigh 1/2 as well. I was checking that for mine too.

Yeah, I already had them marked as 1/2 weight, so I'm set. :)

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2010, 06:35:28 PM »

Grizz

Yeah, I already had them marked as 1/2 weight, so I'm set. :)

for some reason i thought you had done your armor right but forgot those but after looking at it again i realized i'm just stupid.  :facepalm
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2010, 07:41:56 PM »
Yeah, I forgot to fill in the weight on the shield under the Shield/Protective Item area, but I did have the weight listed under the Equipment section.

It's no biggie. :)

By the way, I think my guy ended up coming out nearly as good at melee as Flay's character thanks to the size mod, though not dealing as much damage. Plus mine doesn't have the awesome flavor of an Earth Dwarf Geomancer. :D

I'd totally play that in a normal PbP.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2010, 11:35:12 PM »
I suppose there could be some need for random things like rope or something if you guys are really creative.  I don't see it coming up (i.e. I'm not planning encounters where you have to tie fools up), but you guys can buy weird crap if you think you might use it.
Name one thing you're gonna need the stupid fucking rope for!  :p

And yeah you did Venn, 'swhat we do best, fecking geomancers!  :banghead <-- Not out of frustration, it's just what we do. Btw, your build is gonna pwn mine for a ways... if only for AC, and you're

I'ma be getting some caltrops... cause limiting foes movement is a good thing... Alrighty, no traits I particularly want, gotta chose my feats, and decide if a second flaw is worth it (for sake of testing, I think so...). Venn (or anyone, really, but because he's in a similar thing), do you think the burrowing/mole thing is worth three feats to get spring attack? I'm thinking no...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 11:51:05 PM by Flay Crimsonwind »

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2010, 03:09:02 AM »
If that's your schtick. Technically, none of those feats is really bad if you're gonna be in melee, plus you can tack on a fourth feat to get your bonus vs. giants to be vs. your dodge target instead (so, a feat that boosts Dodge from +1 to +4. Not too bad, methinks. Only requires Dodge and the dodge bonus vs. giants, so easy to qualify for as a dwarf.)

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2010, 01:46:09 PM »
"Alright Rambo.
Fine get you stupid fucking rope."

Great fucking movie.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2010, 01:56:21 PM »
"Alright Rambo.
Fine get you stupid fucking rope."

Great fucking movie.

Great film, classic, second one... well, it was fun!  :lol

So, venn, you've convinced me, what the hell feat is THAT now?

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2010, 05:10:48 PM »
Titan Fighting, races of stone pg. 145. :)

I actually got the description wrong though. It only works on targets one or more sizes larger than you. Still, much better utility than just versus giants. But you may not find it as useful now.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2010, 04:08:35 AM »

I actually got the description wrong though. It only works on targets one or more sizes larger than you. Still, much better utility than just versus giants. But you may not find it as useful now.
Damn, almost makes me wanna play a halfling.  :p

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2010, 04:36:08 AM »

Damn, almost makes me wanna play a halfling.  :p

You could always play a Wild Dwarf! :P

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2010, 11:14:17 PM »
Do you guys know how long it typically takes to get a game started after you post in the request thread?
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2010, 11:22:17 PM »
i don't think very long on average but it depends on how long it takes for AC to notice the request and have the time to actually get to it.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2010, 11:37:49 PM »
Yeah, it usually doesn't take this long, but AC could be somewhat busy or something. Might wanna PM him.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2010, 09:38:21 AM »
Yeah, it usually doesn't take this long, but AC could be somewhat busy or something. Might wanna PM him.
I PMed him last week with the initial request.  I then noticed the proper threads for this, so I added the requests in there, and PMed him again apologizing for not putting them in the right spot in the first place.

So, hopefully he'll get around to it soon.  Oh well.  It's not like I don't have a ton of work to do on my basement anyway. :p
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2010, 09:32:02 AM »
I finally got around to reading everyone's character sheet in detail.  So far, I only noticed one thing: Sohala, it looks like you used Dex instead of Str for determining your attack bonus with Hands Afire (a touch attack).

Other than that, everything looks good.  Hopefully we'll get a child board soon!
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2010, 10:05:32 AM »
Fingers crossed! :D

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2010, 01:12:06 PM »
I finally got around to reading everyone's character sheet in detail.  So far, I only noticed one thing: Sohala, it looks like you used Dex instead of Str for determining your attack bonus with Hands Afire (a touch attack).

Other than that, everything looks good.  Hopefully we'll get a child board soon!
Oops forgot to change after ditching finesse, thanks.
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2010, 02:27:15 PM »
I wondered about that because you asked about taking Weapon Finesse.

Cool!  I'll PM AC in another day or so if we don't have the thread.
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2010, 03:21:50 PM »
BTW i'm still hanging around and checking on this thread. Just haven't had anything to contribute so haven't been posting.