Author Topic: Things to do at GenCon  (Read 9685 times)

Kai

• (rhymes with pie)
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Donkey Kong
  • Don't panic!
Re: Things to do at GenCon
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2008, 11:06:47 PM »
...an unattended barrel full of BreakKeys...
The technical term for that is a "GARBAGE CAN"...

Clearly your experience(s) with BreakKey did not have the required amount of alcohol involved to truly enjoy the game.
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." ~Mahatma Gandhi

Dragon Snack

• Curious George
    • Dragon Snack Games and Entertainment
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2008, 11:31:06 PM »
I don't think I could ever comsume that much alcohol... :blink
Visit my Message Boards (they're strangely familiar) and my Blog...

If you look at the entire history of the RPG industry, you'll see the same, long, sad story: a mountain of conventional wisdom, usually backed by selective listening, that leads to a long chain of failed games and bad ideas. - Mike Mearls

Josh

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2008, 12:23:31 AM »
I don't think I could ever comsume that much alcohol... :blink
The wait staff at one restaurant almost cried when we left a table covered in broken break-keys. 

So.... taking my wife was a bad idea, huh?

/not the one that suggested going there.

:P
Only if you were planning on attention from the waitresses. 
I find it interesting that you used the cunnilingus smiley.
Ennies Nominees - Best Podcast 2009

trappedslider

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2008, 03:47:41 AM »
Sicne i am unable to go to gencon this yr,maybe next may i suggest that everyine go up to the WotC booth and compline about the forums and perhaps cm?
All the above statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in somesense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

CountArioch

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I <3 termites
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2008, 12:56:34 PM »
A thing I like to in Indie, although not technically Gencon related:

There's a restaurant around the corner from the Omni called the Red-Eye Cafe.  Food is pretty decent, they have a pretty decently stocked bar, and they're open 24/7.  If it's 3am, and you're in the mood for some waffles and a tall Blue Moon, that's the place to go.

Also an Indie fave (for me anyway).  The RAM brewery.  I technically didn't discover it, but they brew their own beer on-site, and it's pretty good stuff too.  Get a growler of whatever strikes your fancy, they have a pretty good variety, and the growler makes a nice souvenir. 

Bring enough liquor to last the weekend.  I ran out halfway through the con last year, and decided to walk to the nearest liquor store.  Problem is, you have to pass through a rougher part of town than most of the hotels and restaurants are located, and I ended up getting chased by a street person yelling gibberish at me.  Makes an interesting story, but I found the experience unpleasant.  Also, the guy at the liquor store is an ass and gave me hell about everything from my credit card to my ID to my signature.
She hasn't come to crush your bones, nor tear your flesh
She has come to steal your sanity with just one glance

Sacrapos - At First Glance, Eluveitie