Author Topic: Wizard: WWBD (What Would Batman Do)  (Read 4523 times)

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
Re: Wizard: WWBD (What Would Batman Do)
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2010, 05:56:47 PM »
Well...how cheese free?  My usual suggestion is shitcanned, so we'll go with this :

Kell, out of curiosity, what build would you have suggested without the restrictions?

Shadowcraft Pun-ification, assuming you've read up on the capabilities of mythals (i.e. you can't die...ever...and have any spell you want at will).  Easiest way is Focused Spec 5/Incantatrix 10/SCM 5, then use the Dusk Giant trick to achieve 21+ HD and a shadow miracle to use PsyRef.  Pick up Epic Spellcasting, waste a cantrip on a mythal (emulated for free thanks to it being Evocation), and enjoy being cocooned in a magical force field of shadowy awesome.

That's for going all out at least :P
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010, 08:28:40 PM »

It drives me crazy when I see people say something like "it's not worth having a familiar, since I'll only have 5 wizard levels".  :banghead
It's true.  You'll want to have at least a level 7 familiar so you can pick up a mirror mephit.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2010, 10:33:40 AM »
Well...how cheese free?  My usual suggestion is shitcanned, so we'll go with this :

Kell, out of curiosity, what build would you have suggested without the restrictions?

Shadowcraft Pun-ification, assuming you've read up on the capabilities of mythals (i.e. you can't die...ever...and have any spell you want at will).  Easiest way is Focused Spec 5/Incantatrix 10/SCM 5, then use the Dusk Giant trick to achieve 21+ HD and a shadow miracle to use PsyRef.  Pick up Epic Spellcasting, waste a cantrip on a mythal (emulated for free thanks to it being Evocation), and enjoy being cocooned in a magical force field of shadowy awesome.

just out of curiosity, where is mythals from?
"There's more to apocalypse than running around like a maniac you know"
-B. M. Evilwizardington.
blogging at disasters made in china

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2010, 11:31:29 AM »

just out of curiosity, where is mythals from?

Epic spell seed from Lost Empires of Faerun.
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!