Author Topic: Factotum going Fiendbinder  (Read 1061 times)

Drull

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Factotum going Fiendbinder
« on: May 16, 2010, 07:57:42 PM »
Hey guys. I originally wanted to ask this is the quick question thread, but then I realized it might not be as easy to answer + I'm gonna need some opinions as well :).

As the thread says, i'm in the process of building a factotum that will go into Fiendbinder, and I want to do it at level 7. Problem obviously, is getting summon monster 4.
The only way I came up so far (and believe me I really thought about it  :banghead) is either going into some binder levels for Zceryll (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frcc/20070718) OR preferably, if this is possible go Bind Vestige > Bind Vestige, Improved > Improved Binding > Favored Vestige to get my binder level to 8. Now the main question is, would this work?

The build I had in mind was in the lines of Factotum 5 / Chameleon 2 / Fiendbinder XX, chameleon added for the obvious reason + DM agreed with me that fiendbinder would raise Chameleon casting. Yeah, I know wizard or similar would get me in easily, and give me more power, but I felt like combining these 2, what can I say :P

If the feat chain doesnt allow summon monster 4 to be summoned, would there be any other way to do this, while preserving 5 levels of factotum in it? And if not, at least 3 then :(? More or less all WotC books are ok (although UA is generally VERY frowned upon) and Dragon Mag. is a nono.
I hope I just missed some very easy way of getting in, but I just hit a wall with this, and if the feats dont give me the bind i'm after (and I really aint convinced it works that way) then i'm hitting a brick wall with it.

P.S. Has anyone realized before how hard it is to actually get SM4 added to your spell list? hell, even the summoner domain doesnt have it.....