Author Topic: Dominant Ideal Optimization  (Read 3282 times)

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
Dominant Ideal Optimization
« on: February 28, 2010, 11:36:14 AM »
Ok, what are some good powers to have in a Dominant Ideal mantle?  Hustle immediately has a spot, for it's ability to continually attain and retain focus.  Energy Ray or something similar for all blasting needs (which technically means infinite range/damage/targets laser).  Now...what else?
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Samb

• Curious George
Re: Dominant Ideal Optimization
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 01:56:04 PM »
If you can sneak snychronicity into a mantle then that would be the ultimate power to use dominant ideal with.  Otherwise my top list would be dimensional hop, hustle, and adrenaline boost.  Although since dimensional hop and hustle are in the same mantle so it is hardly a contest as you can use dominant mantle for both of them.

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 09:42:13 AM »
If you can sneak snychronicity into a mantle then that would be the ultimate power to use dominant ideal with.  Otherwise my top list would be dimensional hop, hustle, and adrenaline boost.  Although since dimensional hop and hustle are in the same mantle so it is hardly a contest as you can use dominant mantle for both of them.

Ok, so hustle (2), [synchronicity[/i] (1), dimensional hop (1), and adrenaline boost (1) so far.  Why the last one, by the way?  I'd say energy ray would be a good candidate too, for raw utility (as you pointed out with the extended, split, twinned, and empowered for all of 1+augmentation), or possibly crystal shard/storm, since ray deflection won't flick that away (and we won't care about DR with the damage it'll be packing, really).  The other big action abusers are rounds/minutes per level, so don't really need to be in the dominant ideal, I think.  What other powers really, really benefit from not losing focus when metapsi-ing them?

Also, addressing the problem of the Chrono-Legionaire rebuild with an ardent : so long as we pick up mirror move either as a power known (thanks, erudite!) or emulate it with something, we'll have all the feats we need to keep Leap Power Attacking (and then some).

Overall thoughts?
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Phoenix00

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 01:18:55 PM »

Get Bestow Power onto a Mantle

Dominant Ideal reduces Augmentation by 2
Earth Sense+Earth Power feat reduces Augmentation by 1

Thus for 3 PP
(3 Base+3 Augment-2 Dominant Ideal-1 Earth Power=3 Total)
You grant 4 PP to the intended Beneficiary

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 07:17:15 PM »
PhaeXY pointed out on another thread. that Linked metapsi, works great with D.I.

At least one of the powers HAS to be a Swift or an Immediate action power and preferably 1st level, just to get that super-el-cheapo Quicken in there.

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 12:52:06 PM »

Get Bestow Power onto a Mantle

Dominant Ideal reduces Augmentation by 2
Earth Sense+Earth Power feat reduces Augmentation by 1

Thus for 3 PP
(3 Base+3 Augment-2 Dominant Ideal-1 Earth Power=3 Total)
You grant 4 PP to the intended Beneficiary

"There's more to apocalypse than running around like a maniac you know"
-B. M. Evilwizardington.
blogging at disasters made in china