Author Topic: Anyone wanna take a quick spin in my world?  (Read 52340 times)

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
Re: Anyone wanna take a quick spin in my world?
« Reply #240 on: March 08, 2010, 01:04:08 AM »
It's just that style. I said sentai/kamen/henshin before. It's all the same idea.

@Nite: The only pre-req's are the regions for FMI, which is sort of mutable flavor, and Good alignment for Nymph's Kiss since it's an Exalted feat. Were you planning on not being Good?

I can see why, as a Factotum, you'd want more skill points, but is it worth the feat slot?

The term you're looking for is henshin hero. (See Kamen Rider.)

Because Gundams have been known to be piloted by super soldiers.
Resist it Resist it Resist it Resist it

You might end up running into them. Maybe.

It's just that style. I said sentai/kamen/henshin before. It's all the same idea.

@Nite: The only pre-req's are the regions for FMI, which is sort of mutable flavor, and Good alignment for Nymph's Kiss since it's an Exalted feat. Were you planning on not being Good?

I can see why, as a Factotum, you'd want more skill points, but is it worth the feat slot?

The region prerequisites are waived. However, an Exalted feat is an Exalted feat... The vast majority of them come from being nicer than your average good guy.

Granted, I'm not very strict as far as Good goes, so I won't ask you to go two thousand miles out of your way to keep Exalted status, but you start going on a baby kobold rampage and that's it for you.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #241 on: March 08, 2010, 01:12:19 AM »
I'll have you know that that baby kobold was going to grow up to be kobold Hitler.

And you can't prove otherwise.   :smirk
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

NiteCyper

• Bi-Curious George
  • Contact me on .NET Messenger Service.
« Reply #242 on: March 08, 2010, 02:52:20 AM »
@Nite: The only pre-req's are the regions for FMI, which is sort of mutable flavor, and Good alignment for Nymph's Kiss since it's an Exalted feat.

You're wrong. Hint: Passion.

[spoiler]
The region prerequisites are waived. However, an Exalted feat is an Exalted feat... The vast majority of them come from being nicer than your average good guy.

Granted, I'm not very strict as far as Good goes, so I won't ask you to go two thousand miles out of your way to keep Exalted status, but you start going on a baby kobold rampage and that's it for you.

Quantity vs. quality.

FoI4evr.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]"I'll let you guys reroll [ability scores] up to three times. After that, feel free to use Elite Array"
Clarify if the reroll must be taken or if it can be the best of three.

Campaign name: http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=7262.msg238503#msg238503

By inference, Invisible Castle is used. Clarify.

By inference, freebies/rule-appeals/custom content is open to a degree of 8/10, e.g. the "Stranger with the Burning Eyes" PrC, "Quick Reload

Prerequisite: Base attack bonus +1.

Benefit: Reloading a firearm with an already filled box magazine or speed loader is a free action. Reloading a revolver without a speed loader, or reloading any firearm with an internal magazine, is a move action.

Normal: Reloading a firearm with an already filled box magazine or speed loader is a move action. Reloading a revolver without a speed loader, or reloading any firearm with an internal magazine, is a full-round action.", 

"LA buyoff is A-OK. I won't be calculating XP" ", so I'll just hand levels instead".
"Character level is 7..."
Thought Bottle + Emancipated Spawn, Incarnate Construct, stuff with XP cost.

LA buyoff: http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=7262.msg240169#msg240169

"Wish Economy is in effect: however, the players proper won't have access to it until level 10"

"Alignment restrictions and race restrictions of all kinds are off."
Able Learner, Faerie Mysteries Initiate, Rapscallion, Magic in the Blood,

"Use [stats for revolvers and rifles] out of [d20] Modern."

"Is it ok for me to use incarnate construct, but just keeping my rolled stats? it doesn't really make sense for warforged to get their intelligence reset." - Hijax
"As for the incarnate construct thing: you have a go. I agree with you there, it makes no sense to become less smart just because you're made of flesh now."

"feel free to waive the mundane cost for weapons. That goes for everyone. You only pay the masterwork component.

For those of you out there going with Kaorti resin weapons and whatnot, stick by the pricing conventions for those."

"So if I have a LA +1, I'd start the game with only 6 character levels, and my first level gained would erase my LA, and then I'd catch up with the non-LA characters the level after that?

Or I'd have already paid it off and caught up when we start, as would have happened if we'd played from 1st level?" - PhaedrusXY
"Actually, you'd start at 7 character levels, then pay your LA, then catch up."
With tons of LA, this breaks it from the start; you gain the benefits, but suffer the consequences while leveling.

"You're all going to begin in the capital of the world's largest Lawful Neutral country, for reference.

I believe the Hengeyokai got update in a Dragon mag to be LA 0 and have the times/day transformation limit taken away. If not, it's a handwave away."

"Also, Kuromaiken, would you say my quick reload/quick draw might alter the amount of time it would take to change a weapon augmenting crystal?" - Flay Crimsonwind
"Crystal switcharoo is a go."

"The no spells beneath 3rd level thing is the kind of silly shit that pisses me off. So no problems there, as long as that's the only Runestaff creation rule you're breaking."

"Also, is there some requirement I can replace Spell Focus (evil) for Ur-Priest with? I'm going with a non-evil adaptation of Ur-Priest, so it seems not only useless, but inappropriate." - VennDygrem
"Since your character is going to be related to Bahamut, it'd make sense if your SF got changed around to Good or Dragonblood, or something like that.

Spell Focus is a ridiculous feat for entry like that anyway. See if you can find a feat that relates better to dragons, Bahamut in particular. If it's not so awesome that you'd begin campaign with it anyway, I could let it slide."

"There are no Gods."

"how do we calculate hp?" - The_Mad_Linguist
"Max for all levels."

"Languages are more or less all for flavor there. Consider how cheap a Comprehend Languages/Tongues trinket is... which means as of Wish Economy-dom, you'd all get one free. That said, if you want to make sure your pickings are cool and flavorful, just run them by me and I'll tell what's most and least spoken besides common."

"Warning for those interested in the party face role: it will be a considerably long time before you get to use it."

"Can I buy castings of Embrace The Dark Chaos to change them to abyssal heritor feats (reflavored as fey heritage)?  I'm not going to shun away for other things." - TML
"Sure, go ahead."

re: consumables
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=7262.msg242360#msg242360

"I made one [Iron Heart Vest] into an item of legacy (with a 1500 gp ritual cost).  I assume that's OK - any problems with that, Kuro?"
"Yep, no problems there."

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 04:16:46 AM by NiteCyper »
Caveat: I edit my posts, ever and anon after.

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies
« Reply #243 on: March 08, 2010, 03:35:15 AM »
I'll have you know that that baby kobold was going to grow up to be kobold Hitler.

And you can't prove otherwise.   :smirk

DIVINATION SPELLS!
"There's more to apocalypse than running around like a maniac you know"
-B. M. Evilwizardington.
blogging at disasters made in china

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies
« Reply #244 on: March 08, 2010, 03:39:42 AM »
@phaedrusXY: Since you'll be possessing my character most of the time, what d'you say we make some backstory to back a relationship that intimate up? say, my character was developed as a supersoldier, but wanted to escape, your character helped break down the mental control that the developers used to control him, as a consequence i trust you enough to let you control me willingly.

speaking of which: Kuro, i assume supersoldier creation is at leat moderately use in your world. any corporations that are not all too powerful(wouldn't be nice if the better part of the world were on my ass) that can have created me?
also, can we get some pricings on modern items compared to the wealth DC of modern?
and what about proficiencies? what modern weapon proficiencies do you get when you normally have martial weapons?
(this means that i'd like to spend the rest of my money on bombs and guns)

Glad to see people getting involved.  :D

Yes, supersoldier creation could be about. However, compared to the relative efficiency of the Expel Soldier system, a supersoldier would be considered obsolete.

Putting in simple terms: the Expel Soldier system basically enables a complex form of using Magic Jar over long distances and periods of time. With the advent of magic as a mainstay power in military, it quickly became obvious that infantry was more or less entirely pointless "as-was" - in order for a soldier to withstand vicious amounts of punishment, he was required to either have such indestructible health (read: Con score) or experience (read: levels) that mass-producing an effective infantry-based fighting force would be practically impossible. Constructs, while relatively easy to manufacture, simply did not have the judgement capability of a soldier, and Warforged, while possessing that capability, stumbled right back where things had started. In order to address that particular need, supersoldier research was the first step, but as it turns out, taking a regular soldier and buffing him up took a little too long to do on an army scale, and permanently buffing groups of soldiers posed significant risk when their capabilities weren't called for. Thus, the Expel Soldier system, which basically has soldiers possessing suits of armor from a very long distance apart were devised. The suits were easy to mass-produce and enhance, were harder to destroy (because they were objects, not creatures), didn't submit soldiers to pain and physical stress, and ensured a soldier wouldn't simply go on a rampage if he felt like it when off-duty. There are records of massive suits being created for open warfare (think Gundam-scaled mecha), but given that the world has had no reason whatsoever for large-scale battles on a global scale in 1500 years, they simply haven't been used.

Ok, so there's no way they would bother searching for me

What about that pricing? its the only thing missing to complete my character.

Also, do we also use the Tome base classes?
AND: can i take the command feat(RoW)
otherwise, i take the Unstoppable Force Fighting style, mastering all weapons that rely on weight to deal damage, such as axes, hammers, et cetera. Tne unstoppable force style dictates that if you can swing your weapons hard enough, no amount of skill can prevent your opponent from dying.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 04:33:45 AM by Hijax »
-B. M. Evilwizardington.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #245 on: March 08, 2010, 05:16:45 AM »
@Nite: The only pre-req's are the regions for FMI, which is sort of mutable flavor, and Good alignment for Nymph's Kiss since it's an Exalted feat.

You're wrong. Hint: Passion.

I was wrong, but not by your answer. The prerequisite limits the feat to certain races, and activation of any one of the benefits requires access to those races' ability to Trance; However, these prerequisites are often waived.

There is no prerequisite of 'passion' and the "Passions" benefit does not contain anything to counteract what I've said about prerequisites for the feat.
-----------------
By the way, does anyone else get the feeling that we're playing this game with HK-47? :P

NiteCyper

• Bi-Curious George
  • Contact me on .NET Messenger Service.
« Reply #246 on: March 08, 2010, 05:22:01 AM »
There exists no feat simply named "Command", nor in "Races of the Wild".

re: prerequisites: @VennDygrem: You take a long time to say nothing.
re: trance: A tallfellow halfling qualifies. Point: it's not an Elf's racially exclusive trance.
Wait: When you say "those races' ability to Trance", you imply that the tallfellow halfling has a special trance ability. Is this true?

[spoiler]Mindrape Fey Elf, ghostify, ???, profit![/spoiler]
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 05:42:25 AM by NiteCyper »
Caveat: I edit my posts, ever and anon after.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #247 on: March 08, 2010, 05:25:45 AM »

He's referring to Races of War (RoW), which is a Frank and K "Tome" sourcebook. It contains different rules variants, as well as variants for races, feats, etc.

He's specifically referring to the "Command" feat from that source.

And if Tome Feats were allowed (provisionally, of course, on a case-by-case basis), I might just have to alter my feat progression. :P)

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #248 on: March 08, 2010, 05:33:21 AM »
re: prerequisites: @VennDygrem: You take a long time to say nothing.

Make no mistake, I had no intention of being offensive. I was merely clarifying the facts; those being that there are no prerequisites for the Faerie Mysteries Initiate feat that should prevent you from selecting it, though there remains the fact that its prerequisites could, RAW, prevent you from taking the feat if you are not of the listed races. As with all things, it's up to the DM, but he already OK'd it.

So please, chill out.

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies
« Reply #249 on: March 08, 2010, 09:38:36 AM »

He's referring to Races of War (RoW), which is a Frank and K "Tome" sourcebook. It contains different rules variants, as well as variants for races, feats, etc.

He's specifically referring to the "Command" feat from that source.

And if Tome Feats were allowed (provisionally, of course, on a case-by-case basis), I might just have to alter my feat progression. :P)

well, phaedrus is using Stranger with the Burning eyes.

also, may i use the fighter variant from Races of War?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 09:57:58 AM by Hijax »
-B. M. Evilwizardington.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #250 on: March 08, 2010, 09:57:53 AM »
@phaedrusXY: Since you'll be possessing my character most of the time, what d'you say we make some backstory to back a relationship that intimate up? say, my character was developed as a supersoldier, but wanted to escape, your character helped break down the mental control that the developers used to control him, as a consequence i trust you enough to let you control me willingly.

speaking of which: Kuro, i assume supersoldier creation is at leat moderately use in your world. any corporations that are not all too powerful(wouldn't be nice if the better part of the world were on my ass) that can have created me?
also, can we get some pricings on modern items compared to the wealth DC of modern?
and what about proficiencies? what modern weapon proficiencies do you get when you normally have martial weapons?
(this means that i'd like to spend the rest of my money on bombs and guns)

Glad to see people getting involved.  :D

Yes, supersoldier creation could be about. However, compared to the relative efficiency of the Expel Soldier system, a supersoldier would be considered obsolete.

Putting in simple terms: the Expel Soldier system basically enables a complex form of using Magic Jar over long distances and periods of time. With the advent of magic as a mainstay power in military, it quickly became obvious that infantry was more or less entirely pointless "as-was" - in order for a soldier to withstand vicious amounts of punishment, he was required to either have such indestructible health (read: Con score) or experience (read: levels) that mass-producing an effective infantry-based fighting force would be practically impossible. Constructs, while relatively easy to manufacture, simply did not have the judgement capability of a soldier, and Warforged, while possessing that capability, stumbled right back where things had started. In order to address that particular need, supersoldier research was the first step, but as it turns out, taking a regular soldier and buffing him up took a little too long to do on an army scale, and permanently buffing groups of soldiers posed significant risk when their capabilities weren't called for. Thus, the Expel Soldier system, which basically has soldiers possessing suits of armor from a very long distance apart were devised. The suits were easy to mass-produce and enhance, were harder to destroy (because they were objects, not creatures), didn't submit soldiers to pain and physical stress, and ensured a soldier wouldn't simply go on a rampage if he felt like it when off-duty. There are records of massive suits being created for open warfare (think Gundam-scaled mecha), but given that the world has had no reason whatsoever for large-scale battles on a global scale in 1500 years, they simply haven't been used.

Ok, so there's no way they would bother searching for me

What about that pricing? its the only thing missing to complete my character.

Also, do we also use the Tome base classes?
AND: can i take the command feat(RoW)
otherwise, i take the Unstoppable Force Fighting style, mastering all weapons that rely on weight to deal damage, such as axes, hammers, et cetera. Tne unstoppable force style dictates that if you can swing your weapons hard enough, no amount of skill can prevent your opponent from dying.

Oh, I'm sure a dastardly enough company would seek to eliminate the "mistakes" of the past. How'd you think supersoldiers became scarce in the first place? (After all, much of their mucking around was basically using magic to add templates to people. Even freaks reproduce. Freaks with too much testosterone, even far moreso.)
You may use the Tome base classes, but they're not mandatory by any means.
To what pricing do you refer? There's a freaking ton of questions in this thread.

@Nite: Thought Bottle + Emancipated Spawn = Hahahaha, NO. That's an infinite loop, and I specifically banned those.
As for the rolls, yes I meant the best out of the three. What would be the point otherwise?   :smirk

@Venn: Point out to me the ones you want.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies
« Reply #251 on: March 08, 2010, 10:01:57 AM »
i meant the pricing of items from d20 modern. you know, since we're supposed to use those stats for modern weapons. but modern doesn't have gp prices, it has wealth DC's. so can we get some sort of way of calculating the gp price based on wealth DC?

AND: the command feat. and the fighting school feat. races of war. any of them allowed?
-B. M. Evilwizardington.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #252 on: March 08, 2010, 10:24:31 AM »
i meant the pricing of items from d20 modern. you know, since we're supposed to use those stats for modern weapons. but modern doesn't have gp prices, it has wealth DC's. so can we get some sort of way of calculating the gp price based on wealth DC?

AND: the command feat. and the fighting school feat. races of war. any of them allowed?

I see no problem with those feats.

And I believe I already mentioned to skip the mundane cost of weapons when buying them? Let's face it, the least weapon you'll buy that'll make a dent in your wallet is masterwork, so that's all you really need to pay.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies
« Reply #253 on: March 08, 2010, 10:37:20 AM »

And I believe I already mentioned to skip the mundane cost of weapons when buying them? Let's face it, the least weapon you'll buy that'll make a dent in your wallet is masterwork, so that's all you really need to pay.

oh.

but what about items i'm going to buy a LOT of?
like, a c4 charge?

also, how 'bout the juggernaut, subtle cut and weapon finesse in RoW(last two for my cohort)

and proficiencies for modern weapons? do i automatically get those with my class-based Martial wep proficiency, or do i have to waste a feat?

edit: and if my cohort is a Tauric creature, does it count as mounted for the mounted combat feat?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 12:10:37 PM by Hijax »
-B. M. Evilwizardington.

PhaedrusXY

• Organ Grinder
  • Advanced Spambot
« Reply #254 on: March 08, 2010, 01:24:11 PM »
Is anyone going to be able to cast mage armor on me?  Having an AC of 24 would be nice.
Buy me a Knowstone of it, and I will. I don't really want to drop a spell known on it. I've already got one taken up by Horde Gullet now... unless someone wants to buy a Knowstone of that, too. Knowstones are only 1000 gp for 1st level spells. They're from Dragon (I forget which issue...) and add spells known to your list, and are priced like Pearls of Power.

I also "upgraded" my character a bit, buying Versatile Spellcaster via the DCFS and adding Planar Binding (not lesser) to his Runestaff. So now he can bind 12 HD outsiders or elementals to use and/or possess. I went ahead and stuck Magic Circle in there, also, in case I want to actually use them for something besides possession. I don't have Dimensional Anchor, though. So we won't be able to bind anything with teleportation abilities unless we burn a scroll of that on it or something.

I ditched Wings of the Dragon and just took Alter Self as a spell known instead. You can get a higher fly speed from that, for a spell slot 3 levels lower. :P
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 01:26:54 PM by PhaedrusXY »
[spoiler]
A couple of water benders, a dike, a flaming arrow, and a few barrels of blasting jelly?

Sounds like the makings of a gay porn film.
...thanks
[/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #255 on: March 08, 2010, 01:36:49 PM »

oh.

but what about items i'm going to buy a LOT of?
like, a c4 charge?

also, how 'bout the juggernaut, subtle cut and weapon finesse in RoW(last two for my cohort)

and proficiencies for modern weapons? do i automatically get those with my class-based Martial wep proficiency, or do i have to waste a feat?

edit: and if my cohort is a Tauric creature, does it count as mounted for the mounted combat feat?

Guv't can provide you with charges on specific missions. (The skill related to demolitions is Disable Device, by the way.)

Martial weapon proficiency covers the majority of modern firearms. However, for RPGs, gatling guns and grenade launchers, Exotic Weapon Proficiency is required. Sniper rifles of anti-tank grade and above do, as well. Since I'm THAT friggin' nice, I'll let the Tome rules for acquiring weapon proficiency work in your favor.

I'll look up those feats when I have a bit more time.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies
« Reply #256 on: March 08, 2010, 03:06:22 PM »
Is anyone going to be able to cast mage armor on me?  Having an AC of 24 would be nice.
Buy me a Knowstone of it, and I will. I don't really want to drop a spell known on it. I've already got one taken up by Horde Gullet now... unless someone wants to buy a Knowstone of that, too. Knowstones are only 1000 gp for 1st level spells. They're from Dragon (I forget which issue...) and add spells known to your list, and are priced like Pearls of Power.

I also "upgraded" my character a bit, buying Versatile Spellcaster via the DCFS and adding Planar Binding (not lesser) to his Runestaff. So now he can bind 12 HD outsiders or elementals to use and/or possess. I went ahead and stuck Magic Circle in there, also, in case I want to actually use them for something besides possession. I don't have Dimensional Anchor, though. So we won't be able to bind anything with teleportation abilities unless we burn a scroll of that on it or something.

I ditched Wings of the Dragon and just took Alter Self as a spell known instead. You can get a higher fly speed from that, for a spell slot 3 levels lower. :P

wait, you have DCFS?(or didya just buy it from a NPC spellcaster)
if so, any chance you can swap out my alertness bomus feat from maug for something actually useful(like another of those tasty combat feats)
-B. M. Evilwizardington.

PhaedrusXY

• Organ Grinder
  • Advanced Spambot
« Reply #257 on: March 08, 2010, 03:15:21 PM »
if so, any chance you can swap out my alertness bomus feat from maug for something actually useful(like another of those tasty combat feats)
I just bought it. It's kind of expensive, but worth it for me I think.
[spoiler]
A couple of water benders, a dike, a flaming arrow, and a few barrels of blasting jelly?

Sounds like the makings of a gay porn film.
...thanks
[/spoiler]

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies
« Reply #258 on: March 08, 2010, 03:29:31 PM »
well, feats aren't that important to me, so i think i'll let it pass.
BUT I STILL NEED TO SPEND 5K!
-B. M. Evilwizardington.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #259 on: March 08, 2010, 03:41:57 PM »
well, feats aren't that important to me, so i think i'll let it pass.
BUT I STILL NEED TO SPEND 5K!

That's about how much a DCFS costs.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]