Author Topic: Anyone wanna take a quick spin in my world?  (Read 52331 times)

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
Re: Anyone wanna take a quick spin in my world?
« Reply #220 on: March 07, 2010, 02:23:28 AM »
Chakram, pg. 6-7 Arms & Equipment Guide. 15 gp, 1d4, x3 crit, 30 ft. range increment.

It is, of course, an Exotic Ranged Weapon, however. Trying to attack with it without proficiency will result in a -4 to the attack roll, but if you just want it so you have a sharp-edged hat.... then it shouldn't matter. Not unless you actually plan to attack with it.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 03:08:10 AM by VennDygrem »

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #221 on: March 07, 2010, 03:52:37 AM »
Is anyone going to be able to cast mage armor on me?  Having an AC of 24 would be nice.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #222 on: March 07, 2010, 04:08:12 AM »
I've got a +10 (have to, sharpshooting cowboy sheriff...) to spot and listen, and I rely totally upon firearms with magic-sauce, so if you DON'T wanna cast it on me, I definitely know what kind of custom magic lenses I'ma try and get my dwarven npc friend to craft for me...
Sounds good. You should get some Least Weapon Crystals of Revelation, so when you shoot invisible enemies (using the Blindsense) they'll be revealed to the rest of us for one round. Or I guess you could just tell me where they are and I can plant a Glitterdust on them. The crystals are only 400 gp, though.
That plus a witchlight reservoire are his two current hunting targets (he likes to collect these things). So soon as I have a source in-game, I'ma grab one. I could get the crystal now, but I'd have to give up my tree token... which I love to death for each character. No idea when you're going to need a huge friggin tree.

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies
« Reply #223 on: March 07, 2010, 04:10:49 AM »
hmmm... i think i'll just keep my shuriken in my mouth. gauntlets cost full price to enchant, so i can't afford that.

my total attack modifier would be +4 with a chackram. with brutal throw, it would be +11, but i dont think i can spare the feat.

100 lb is NOTHING for my character. my light load limit is 2128 lb. my push/drag is 32000. polymorph me into a huge biped, and i get three times that.

this will be handy if we need to move a house.
"There's more to apocalypse than running around like a maniac you know"
-B. M. Evilwizardington.
blogging at disasters made in china

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #224 on: March 07, 2010, 04:50:59 AM »
hmmm... i think i'll just keep my shuriken in my mouth. gauntlets cost full price to enchant, so i can't afford that.

my total attack modifier would be +4 with a chackram. with brutal throw, it would be +11, but i dont think i can spare the feat.

100 lb is NOTHING for my character. my light load limit is 2128 lb. my push/drag is 32000. polymorph me into a huge biped, and i get three times that.

I had a character once that I estimated a projected carrying capacity in the hundreds of thousands. I can't find the document anymore, but it was pretty epic. Probably not in the bounds of what everyone else here could accomplish, but better than any character I've seen in play. He wasn't even optimized for carrying capacity. I can think of a few ways to bump it up from where I had it even now, though again I don't have the document. I could start over but frankly I've got better things to do. :)

Is anyone going to be able to cast mage armor on me?  Having an AC of 24 would be nice.

If you get a wand I can cast it on you, otherwise I can't. >_>

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies
« Reply #225 on: March 07, 2010, 06:25:51 AM »

I had a character once that I estimated a projected carrying capacity in the hundreds of thousands. I can't find the document anymore, but it was pretty epic. Probably not in the bounds of what everyone else here could accomplish, but better than any character I've seen in play. He wasn't even optimized for carrying capacity. I can think of a few ways to bump it up from where I had it even now, though again I don't have the document. I could start over but frankly I've got better things to do. :)

well, all that matters is strength and size, and being quadruped. size and quadruped you get with spells, strength you get with war hulk/templates/race.
-B. M. Evilwizardington.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #226 on: March 07, 2010, 01:14:47 PM »
Afraid it will stay with the old body. Notice that this can actually work in your favor: cast it in a body, go to another, cast on the new body, go to another...
OH MY GAWD! FAT CHOCOBO!
[spoiler][/spoiler]

If my character meets a Fat Chocobo, he will qualify for Contemplative at level 10. That is so an enlightened being embodying the highest principles of an alignment chickens/chocobos and culinary art.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies
« Reply #227 on: March 07, 2010, 04:12:58 PM »
@phaedrusXY: Since you'll be possessing my character most of the time, what d'you say we make some backstory to back a relationship that intimate up? say, my character was developed as a supersoldier, but wanted to escape, your character helped break down the mental control that the developers used to control him, as a consequence i trust you enough to let you control me willingly.

speaking of which: Kuro, i assume supersoldier creation is at leat moderately use in your world. any corporations that are not all too powerful(wouldn't be nice if the better part of the world were on my ass) that can have created me?
also, can we get some pricings on modern items compared to the wealth DC of modern?
and what about proficiencies? what modern weapon proficiencies do you get when you normally have martial weapons?
(this means that i'd like to spend the rest of my money on bombs and guns)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 04:17:22 PM by Hijax »
-B. M. Evilwizardington.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #228 on: March 07, 2010, 05:21:34 PM »
@phaedrusXY: Since you'll be possessing my character most of the time, what d'you say we make some backstory to back a relationship that intimate up? say, my character was developed as a supersoldier, but wanted to escape, your character helped break down the mental control that the developers used to control him, as a consequence i trust you enough to let you control me willingly.
Maybe the supersoldier was supposed to have psychic powers, but the mental trauma of the process resulted in his personality fragmenting.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #229 on: March 07, 2010, 07:04:30 PM »

speaking of which: Kuro, i assume supersoldier creation is at leat moderately use in your world. any corporations that are not all too powerful(wouldn't be nice if the better part of the world were on my ass) that can have created me?
also, can we get some pricings on modern items compared to the wealth DC of modern?
and what about proficiencies? what modern weapon proficiencies do you get when you normally have martial weapons?
(this means that i'd like to spend the rest of my money on bombs and guns)

Glad to see people getting involved.  :D

Yes, supersoldier creation could be about. However, compared to the relative efficiency of the Expel Soldier system, a supersoldier would be considered obsolete.

Putting in simple terms: the Expel Soldier system basically enables a complex form of using Magic Jar over long distances and periods of time. With the advent of magic as a mainstay power in military, it quickly became obvious that infantry was more or less entirely pointless "as-was" - in order for a soldier to withstand vicious amounts of punishment, he was required to either have such indestructible health (read: Con score) or experience (read: levels) that mass-producing an effective infantry-based fighting force would be practically impossible. Constructs, while relatively easy to manufacture, simply did not have the judgement capability of a soldier, and Warforged, while possessing that capability, stumbled right back where things had started. In order to address that particular need, supersoldier research was the first step, but as it turns out, taking a regular soldier and buffing him up took a little too long to do on an army scale, and permanently buffing groups of soldiers posed significant risk when their capabilities weren't called for. Thus, the Expel Soldier system, which basically has soldiers possessing suits of armor from a very long distance apart were devised. The suits were easy to mass-produce and enhance, were harder to destroy (because they were objects, not creatures), didn't submit soldiers to pain and physical stress, and ensured a soldier wouldn't simply go on a rampage if he felt like it when off-duty. There are records of massive suits being created for open warfare (think Gundam-scaled mecha), but given that the world has had no reason whatsoever for large-scale battles on a global scale in 1500 years, they simply haven't been used.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 08:07:41 PM by Kuroimaken »
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

NiteCyper

• Bi-Curious George
  • Contact me on .NET Messenger Service.
« Reply #230 on: March 07, 2010, 07:56:34 PM »
giant brutish ninja attacking with silent portal disk is made of win

Discussed. Silent Portal only affects the hinge. Unless you're hopping around with/on your hinge and also using it to attack... Long, thin, ball-bearing socket hinges, EVERYWHERE.

2. re: Shuriken(s) of Warning: Luck discussed. Wield and stack. Braid Blades? Oh my...
Nah, according to the picture, you're only to have one.

3. a b c?

4. re: Nymph's Kiss and Faerie Mysteries Initiate: both have special prerequisites. Waive?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 05:11:32 PM by NiteCyper »
Caveat: I edit my posts, ever and anon after.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #231 on: March 07, 2010, 08:10:40 PM »

Discussed. Silent Portal only affects the hinge. Unless you're hopping around with/on your hinge and also using it to attack... Long, thin, ball-bearing socket hinges, EVERYWHERE.

2. re: Shuriken(s) of Warning: Luck discussed. Wield and stack. Braid Blades? Oh my...

3. a b c?

4. re: Nymph's Kiss and Faerie Mysteries Initiate: both have special prerequisites. Waive?

Refer those special prerequisites and I'll think about it.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #232 on: March 07, 2010, 08:30:44 PM »

Just stick the disc on a Colossal hinge.

...wait, did someone say Gundams?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 08:50:49 PM by Prime32 »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #233 on: March 07, 2010, 08:54:56 PM »
I mentioned them in passing.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #234 on: March 07, 2010, 08:57:50 PM »
Because Gundams have been known to be piloted by super soldiers.
Resist it Resist it Resist it Resist it
My work

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #235 on: March 07, 2010, 09:39:28 PM »
Well, given the changes to my character, it looks as though he's currently stuck in his sentai armor. It'll be a couple levels before he can change back and forth. Seems appropriate, actually. :D

NiteCyper

• Bi-Curious George
  • Contact me on .NET Messenger Service.
« Reply #236 on: March 07, 2010, 09:49:52 PM »

Refer those special prerequisites and I'll think about it.
http://yfrog.com/0gboed44feats6nymphskissp
http://yfrog.com/eud319p58fmipx

Single, looking for a fey Elf mate, preferrably female, but willing to experiment if there is a shortage.

http://megamijadeheart.deviantart.com/art/Nymph-s-Kiss-page-1-35855870
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 09:58:02 PM by NiteCyper »
Caveat: I edit my posts, ever and anon after.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #237 on: March 07, 2010, 09:57:51 PM »
Well, given the changes to my character, it looks as though he's currently stuck in his sentai armor. It'll be a couple levels before he can change back and forth. Seems appropriate, actually. :D

Is it even called sentai if there's only one guy? ???
My work

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #238 on: March 07, 2010, 11:25:54 PM »
It's just that style. I said sentai/kamen/henshin before. It's all the same idea.

@Nite: The only pre-req's are the regions for FMI, which is sort of mutable flavor, and Good alignment for Nymph's Kiss since it's an Exalted feat. Were you planning on not being Good?

I can see why, as a Factotum, you'd want more skill points, but is it worth the feat slot?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 11:31:00 PM by VennDygrem »

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #239 on: March 07, 2010, 11:28:55 PM »
Does he have a bike though? :p
My work