Author Topic: OOC discussion  (Read 30816 times)

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
Re: OOC discussion
« Reply #200 on: July 20, 2010, 08:37:41 AM »
[spoiler]Haha, I've seen that image so often over the past few days, was it in a newly released episode/manga?  :p What show is it from?
As Nick said, it's from Fate/Stay Night's Heaven's Feel route. It's not a manga or anime, it's a visual novel, and it's actually not that recent, it's just that the main Let's Play dealing with it just got to that point and everyone was like "FUCK YEAH".
Here. Read it. I'm afraid you'll have to start from the beginning, though. Don't worry, it's worth it. :p And as for spoiler value, if this is the only thing you know about FSN, you'll have been spoiled less than I was when I started to read it.

I think Flay's going FUCK YEAH! for a whole different reason :)
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

AlterFrom

• Donkey Kong
  • Super Special Awesome
« Reply #201 on: July 20, 2010, 05:02:31 PM »
As far as Ayu's power buff goes, I think I'm going to take a little less than offered. Making a pin at-will goes against the reason I set up the array the way I did, namely that over time I would be forced to switch up my tactics/abilities as I ran out of uses of different pins. What I'm going to do is this:

Buff Fresh Line to 10 uses per arc/adventure. Definitely my favorite ability in terms of effectiveness, and it makes me unlikely to be in too tough of a pinch if I get low on uses of other stuff while still having the chance to overexert myself.
Create a new a pin (probably with a non-attack effect) from the Lapin Angelique brand. (Not sure how I missed it the first time around).
Siggy
[spoiler]TIRED OF TRYING TO MANAGE FILES ACROSS SEVERAL COMPUTERS? GET DROPBOX AND SIMPLIFY THE PROCESS!

xkcd. It Rocks.

Tick, tock, Tick, tock...

FYI: I lose a couple years off my life anytime I see I have a PM.

We're ALL rules lawyers here. The BEST at what we do, too. It's like a Tom Grisham novel in which everybody at the top law firm is a dirty crook, but they all know the rules so well that TECHNICALLY speaking, they aren't breaking them...:eh

[/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #202 on: July 20, 2010, 11:20:41 PM »
^^
Good way to blow a whole weekend away, maybe more.
Definitely more. I spent weeks on it alongside school, and I'm pretty much on all the time when I'm not at school.
When I'm not adding bits of my powers to my pasted charrie post, I'll start reading it. Naruto/Bleach/Fairy Tail only come out once a week, and they take too damn long anyways! I have no school til late August, so grah...

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #203 on: July 21, 2010, 01:51:00 AM »
As far as Ayu's power buff goes, I think I'm going to take a little less than offered. Making a pin at-will goes against the reason I set up the array the way I did, namely that over time I would be forced to switch up my tactics/abilities as I ran out of uses of different pins. What I'm going to do is this:

Buff Fresh Line to 10 uses per arc/adventure. Definitely my favorite ability in terms of effectiveness, and it makes me unlikely to be in too tough of a pinch if I get low on uses of other stuff while still having the chance to overexert myself.
Create a new a pin (probably with a non-attack effect) from the Lapin Angelique brand. (Not sure how I missed it the first time around).

Fair enough. Fresh Line gets 10 uses. And you get a new 5 use pin.

By the way guys, the stuff that I'm giving you guys might not be balanced against each other, but since we're playing together, let's adjust the numbers as we go along if balance becomes an issue.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

HeadofVecna

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #204 on: July 21, 2010, 03:15:12 AM »
With Marko's Null Assimilation Field, Kuroto can't really do ANYTHING to Marko that he didn't let through anyway.

The thing is, Marko's field is built using the Area extra, rather than Explosion. That means that anyone with Evasion (2) and good saves is pretty safe from it. So the buttmonkey is pretty much guaranteed to get more of the same.  :D

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #205 on: July 21, 2010, 03:58:19 AM »
Yeah, but he can still use it to Counter Power.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #206 on: July 21, 2010, 02:23:56 PM »
Got some fluff and picture for you Agita, in that main play thread.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #207 on: July 21, 2010, 05:46:56 PM »
Hey HoV, tell me, and it only occurred to me by reading your gate thread while listening to Judas priest upon waking (specifically exciter), just how Metal is Marko Thebuttmonkey's (yes I'm using that as his last name) backstory? What were you listening to when you designed him?  :D

HeadofVecna

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #208 on: July 21, 2010, 06:21:00 PM »
Yeah, but he can still use it to Counter Power.
Good idea. The odds were still stacked against Marko pretty badly. But with a few lucky roles he might have been able to counter and sneak away.

Hey HoV, tell me, and it only occurred to me by reading your gate thread while listening to Judas priest upon waking (specifically exciter), just how Metal is Marko Thebuttmonkey's (yes I'm using that as his last name) backstory? What were you listening to when you designed him?  :D
Heh, I don't think I was listening to music at the time. But I am a bit of a metalhead. Marko's backstory is unabashedly lifted from Evangelion. But the intro to that old Twisted Sister video is now stuck in my head in relation to M.  :banghead :lmao

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #209 on: July 24, 2010, 12:47:40 PM »
There, main party rejoined, what happened in the Gate will show up in the next week or so. :D
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #210 on: July 26, 2010, 01:18:27 AM »
Yeah, shit happens. Gonna be away for a short while.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #211 on: July 26, 2010, 05:26:40 PM »
By the by, how are people's plotlines coming along? Mine could ideally not show up right away, though that could be altered.

It's kind of big-battle-y. Bad for a second chapter...

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #212 on: July 26, 2010, 05:45:23 PM »
My idea works best in spring, focuses on Kagura's backstory, and isn't really thought out at all yet, so it would probably be weird to have right after this, where Kagura (and her family) have already gotten a fair amount of focus. Also, spring right after summer... yeah.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #213 on: July 26, 2010, 07:49:54 PM »
Mine works great in winter, the deadest dramatic season, so if someone can take fall... :bigeye :D

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #214 on: July 26, 2010, 10:23:20 PM »
I didn't know plotlines are seasonal.  :lol
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 10:27:23 PM by Nick »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

AlterFrom

• Donkey Kong
  • Super Special Awesome
« Reply #215 on: July 26, 2010, 10:37:30 PM »

Oh, yes. You also have to be careful about their feng shui -- it can be tipped drastically out of balance by having one too many enemies on a given side of a room.  :lmao
Siggy
[spoiler]TIRED OF TRYING TO MANAGE FILES ACROSS SEVERAL COMPUTERS? GET DROPBOX AND SIMPLIFY THE PROCESS!

xkcd. It Rocks.

We're ALL rules lawyers here. The BEST at what we do, too. It's like a Tom Grisham novel in which everybody at the top law firm is a dirty crook, but they all know the rules so well that TECHNICALLY speaking, they aren't breaking them...:eh

[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #216 on: July 26, 2010, 10:38:43 PM »

Oh, yes. You also have to be careful about their feng shui -- it can be tipped drastically out of balance by having one too many enemies on a given side of a room.  :lmao
Not to mention spikes. If you have too many spiky-haired heroes in the same room at the same time, the bad chi just overflows.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

HeadofVecna

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #217 on: July 26, 2010, 11:01:14 PM »
I have to say that the mirrored surface of the pedestal 'water' opposite the gate created a good flow.

So, I know I don't have the otaku chops of some of you guys. Should I work on a plotline?

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #218 on: July 27, 2010, 01:33:54 AM »
You can work on your own plotline, since we're technically supposed to do this round-robin.

And you don't need any otaku chops, you just need to want to tell a good story.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

AlterFrom

• Donkey Kong
  • Super Special Awesome
« Reply #219 on: July 27, 2010, 01:39:59 AM »
I have to say that the mirrored surface of the pedestal 'water' opposite the gate created a good flow.

So, I know I don't have the otaku chops of some of you guys. Should I work on a plotline?

Worse comes to worst, you can always go trawling TvTropes for plot ideas.
Siggy

xkcd. It Rocks.

[/spoiler]