Author Topic: OOC discussion  (Read 30894 times)

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
Re: OOC discussion
« Reply #160 on: July 13, 2010, 04:55:02 AM »
Which symbol did you choose Vecna?
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #161 on: July 13, 2010, 05:19:05 AM »
Rinzen's new charrie is linked in the new post, as well as a notice check. Damn know: cosmology proving USELESS!  :P Now hoping the 23 is helpful...

HeadofVecna

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #162 on: July 13, 2010, 07:16:30 AM »
Heaven  :sparta

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #163 on: July 13, 2010, 07:52:14 AM »
Heaven  :sparta

Alright.

By the way, mind telling me what exactly is Kuroto offering to the gate? I can't seem to understand what your dude is saying.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #164 on: July 13, 2010, 09:20:50 AM »
HoV: Hold on. Kagura's plan was to trip Kuroto as soon as he got close to the gate, dunk him in the pool (hand, head, doesn't matter), and offer his (their?) control of Marko's body as the price for Marko to use the gate. At no time did she actually plan to go along with him unless circumstances seriously conspired. It might still have unexpected side effects, or he might wind out of it, of course.
(And in any case, she wouldn't threaten, she would just slash - Kuroto broke the deal, Kagura made it clear what she would do.)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 09:24:00 AM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #165 on: July 13, 2010, 05:09:14 PM »
Aaaaaaand just to make sure there's still a shadowy part of my past to plug for the campaign-to-come, I think I'll drop a reference about a threat there.  :D Should give anyone interested a hint as to what they'll be facing.

HeadofVecna

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #166 on: July 13, 2010, 05:16:22 PM »
OK, as I mentioned I'm happy to back up. But Kuroto's actual goal is to sacrifice Marko's body to the pool (his traveler form is insubstantial void energy). He doesn't care about escaping afterward. So he'll approach the pedestal with an action readied to sacrifice his body the moment he comes in contact with the pool. I assume Kagura will either ready an action, or use her much higher initiative, to grab Kuroto and sacrifice his control of the body. That will get interrupted by Kuroto's readied action. Does that sound right/OK to you?

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #167 on: July 13, 2010, 05:37:19 PM »
Yeah, sounds good. Sorry if I came off as overly annoyed, it was mostly a knee-jerk reaction to you describing what how Kagura would respond. I guess I'm still traumatized from that one freeform game a few years back (not on this forum, mind you). :P
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #168 on: July 13, 2010, 08:24:50 PM »
If you guys manage to wind up sacrificing both Marko's body and Kuroto's control(leaving a nothing) it'd be totally in line with Marko's cosmic buttmonkey status. :D
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

HeadofVecna

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #169 on: July 13, 2010, 10:12:54 PM »
Yeah, sounds good. Sorry if I came off as overly annoyed, it was mostly a knee-jerk reaction to you describing what how Kagura would respond. I guess I'm still traumatized from that one freeform game a few years back (not on this forum, mind you). :P
You didn't come off as annoyed, but I apologize. I was trying to free you up to move on to the trigram array, but definitely breached etiquette in the process.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #170 on: July 13, 2010, 10:51:37 PM »
Hey all, just thought I'd let it be brought up, maybe slosh around a bit in our brain juices... how are we doing leveling up? At the end of each campaign, go up a power level? Do we WANT to? Do we not want to?

Like I said, just to think on. At some point at the end of my campaign, Rinzen will be altered, just wondering if we were going to want to get stronger over time. I mean, frankly, by anime standards, we should go up ten power levels at the end of each week.  :p By the end of our third story, if we can't blow up earth with a swipe of our hand, we're not doing it right.

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #171 on: July 14, 2010, 12:11:43 AM »
I'll give you guys an upgrade when you guys walk out of the challenges alive, that would be the reward for the entire arc as well as a small boost before the boss fights.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #172 on: July 14, 2010, 12:40:55 AM »
Sorry if that came out corny Ayu.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

AlterFrom

• Donkey Kong
  • Super Special Awesome
« Reply #173 on: July 14, 2010, 01:55:04 AM »
Corny? In a game drawing heavily from shounen anime? :smirk

Nah, it's all good. I had a lot of fun with the (roughly equally corny) emotional flashback; gave a little more development and a more definite purpose to Ayu's character, which is always good.

On a completely unrelated note, I <3 Logitech's new free-spinning scroll wheel mode on their mice. So much easier to navigate to the end of long posts and pdfs without bookmarks.  :D

[EDIT]: Ayu will initiate the ass-kicking when I get up in the morning. Sleep-deprived combat is bad idea. Friends don't let friends fight giant flaming monstrosities while judgment impaired.  :P
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 02:40:18 AM by AlterFrom »
Siggy
[spoiler]TIRED OF TRYING TO MANAGE FILES ACROSS SEVERAL COMPUTERS? GET DROPBOX AND SIMPLIFY THE PROCESS!

xkcd. It Rocks.

Tick, tock, Tick, tock...

FYI: I lose a couple years off my life anytime I see I have a PM.

We're ALL rules lawyers here. The BEST at what we do, too. It's like a Tom Grisham novel in which everybody at the top law firm is a dirty crook, but they all know the rules so well that TECHNICALLY speaking, they aren't breaking them...:eh

[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #174 on: July 14, 2010, 05:17:13 AM »
[EDIT]: Ayu will initiate the ass-kicking when I get up in the morning. Sleep-deprived combat is bad idea. Friends don't let friends fight giant flaming monstrosities while judgment impaired.  :P
Nonsense, judgement impaired is the best time to fight giant flaming monsters.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #175 on: July 14, 2010, 09:00:46 AM »
What would you call "drunk on Spiral Power" other than judgment-impaired? And Simon fought pretty much all his battles in that state in TTGL. It worked out for him.

[spoiler]Is Kagura knocking Kuroto toward the portal or toward the pedestal. If its toward the pedestal there's no need to roll. But if its toward the portal then we need to make rolls.  :bigeye [/spoiler]
Toward the pedestal. After all, she has no idea he's just waiting for that. If she knocked him toward the portal, he'd just hit his head. :P
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 09:52:37 AM by Agita »

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #176 on: July 14, 2010, 09:50:10 AM »
On the other hand I suppose judgment impaired is also when you're most likely to see giant flaming monsters
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #177 on: July 14, 2010, 05:05:50 PM »
Alright, fuck it, I said I wouldn't read other people's threads, but it sounds interesting. And watching Ayu get ass-raped by flaming monsters should be a kick.  :smirk

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #178 on: July 15, 2010, 01:35:07 AM »
Ayu getting ass-raped by flaming monsters would be a kick.  :lmao
[spoiler][/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #179 on: July 15, 2010, 02:33:09 PM »
Is it OK to put words in Kuroto's mouth (antagonistic ones) as well as Marko's? Or should I just stick with Marko?
I think he probably intended for you to get both sides of the conversation.

Else there'd not be much point to telling you what to do with both Marko and Kuroto. :D
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]