Author Topic: Little Red Raiding Hood: My Tale of & Guide to the 3.5 Dragoon  (Read 51395 times)

Garryl

• Hong Kong
Re: Little Red Raiding Hood: My Tale of & Guide to the 3.5 Dragoon
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2011, 09:01:32 PM »
Where's the version of Diving Charge where you gain a multiplier as the one you state above?

Quote from: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#fly
A creature that flies can make dive attacks. A dive attack works just like a charge, but the diving creature must move a minimum of 30 feet and descend at least 10 feet. It can make only claw or talon attacks, but these deal double damage. A creature can use the run action while flying, provided it flies in a straight line.

I'm trying to find the rule that says what weapons you can use with it. I'm pretty sure there's something that says you can use piercing melee weapons instead of just claws or talons.

Edit: Looks like the ability to use weapons with the diving charge is a specific function of the Raptoran/Dragonborn flight abilities.
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20050106b&page=1
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20060105b&page=1
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 09:05:00 PM by Garryl »
A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
General listing of my homebrew.
Links to things I've worked on
[spoiler]
Idiot Crusader, refreshing maneuvers for free every round.
The Opposed Checks Handbook - Under construction.
Adaptations Handbook - Under construction.
[/spoiler]

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2011, 10:44:51 PM »
I don't use the feat Diving Charge.  Raptorans @5 and Dragonborn @6 get this automatically.
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

GrokThis

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2011, 01:42:51 PM »
Just a minor point of information: a Thri-Kreen has a +30 racial bonus on jump checks, not competence, so yes, it would stack with the Blade Dancer's jump bonus. If it were a competence bonus instead of a racial bonus, you wouldn't lose it when you became a Dragonborn.

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2011, 01:18:39 AM »
The most recent Thri-Kreen is printed in Shining Shouth where it has an enhancement bonus to Jump.  A pity, though.
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

OracleBoyd

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2011, 12:57:41 AM »
Looks like I'm going to be joining a group for my first Epic game and I really want to play a Hood.

They are currently 22nd level and will prolly be 23rd by the time I can join.  The GM seems ready to accept almost anything except LA buyoff and Flaws.

I really like Gish characters, so I'm thinking about going the Trancer route (or the NeoTrancer) if you can steer me in the right direction for that build.  What should I add for the next three levels?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 02:26:51 AM by OracleBoyd »

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2011, 01:39:55 AM »
Looks like I'm going to be joining a group for my first Epic game and I really want to play a Hood.

They are currently 22nd level and will prolly be 23rd by the time I can join.  The GM seems ready to accept almost anything except LA buyoff and Flaws.

I rally like Gish characters, so I'm thinking about going the Trancer route (or the NeoTrancer) if you can steer me in the right direction for that build.  What should I add for the next three levels?

How over the top do you want it?  And are mythals allowed?  Also, do you prefer spellcasting or manifesting?
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

OracleBoyd

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2011, 02:36:34 AM »

They are currently 22nd level and will prolly be 23rd by the time I can join.  The GM seems ready to accept almost anything except LA buyoff and Flaws.

I really like Gish characters, so I'm thinking about going the Trancer route (or the NeoTrancer) if you can steer me in the right direction for that build.  What should I add for the next three levels?

How over the top do you want it?  And are mythals allowed?  Also, do you prefer spellcasting or manifesting?

Why?  What'ya got?

I might be able to swing the Mythal, but lets assume not.  Personally I prefer manifesting, but am not too picky.  I like them both.

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2011, 04:12:58 AM »
Here is the Chrono-Hood.  Add 3 levels of Slayer to snag epic feats from it, and ensure you took Arcane Hunter ACF instead of normal Favored Enemy.  Even with just normal Epic Spellcasting, you can make a more potent and XP free version of Psychic Chirurgy to learn every spell, power, and maneuver ever.  Also, a White Raven Crown of Leading the Charge is a free +11 damage on a charge, and pennies at this level.  Enjoy never needing to rest to recover anything, since you're an outsider with a functional in-combat recharge and a cometary orbital bombardment "rod from god" for a mean weapon.
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

OracleBoyd

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2011, 07:14:39 PM »
Kell,

That's awesome!  I think I cried a little...

And being immortal as well as psionic-based I'll be able to throw out the line "I am the veteran of a thousand psychic wars" occasionally too!

Anyone got an arcane gish build they like?  Or know what the neotrancer build mentioned by the original poster looked like....

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2011, 09:40:24 PM »
Kell,

That's awesome!  I think I cried a little...

And being immortal as well as psionic-based I'll be able to throw out the line "I am the veteran of a thousand psychic wars" occasionally too!

Anyone got an arcane gish build they like?  Or know what the neotrancer build mentioned by the original poster looked like....

Do a search for Neo-Trancer and you'll find several of my builds for it.  It basically freed up enough feats to give the Trancer persistent spell tech.
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

OracleBoyd

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2011, 08:25:32 PM »
Okay,

Is it just me or are the Epic rules the worst written ever?!?!

I assume that I am reading things correctly and that even though the 3 levels of Epic Slayer increase my Effective Psion level from 17 to 20 (EML23) I do not gain powers or Power Points since I am over Character Level 20, correct?

That being the case, Slayer is still probably my best bet (for the 2 Epic Feats).  As I said earlier, I have NO experience with Epic, what Feats would you suggest?

I'm really leaning towards the second C-L build, but I like the Neraph Build as well.  What/Where are the Node Manifesting and Metanode Powers about?  I can't seem to track them down...