Author Topic: Invitation to the Mountains  (Read 28381 times)

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
Re: Invitation to the Mountains
« Reply #220 on: July 15, 2010, 06:16:02 AM »
[spoiler]Quick note: I have no idea how Kuroto's and Heinrich's presence will affect the scenario we encounter, but I'd prefer if it didn't directly involve the you-know incident. *conspicious wink* I kin dof want to cover that myself sometime later. Anything before or after is fine, though.[/spoiler]
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #221 on: July 15, 2010, 06:44:55 AM »
[spoiler]Quick note: I have no idea how Kuroto's and Heinrich's presence will affect the scenario we encounter, but I'd prefer if it didn't directly involve the you-know incident. *conspicious wink* I kin dof want to cover that myself sometime later. Anything before or after is fine, though.[/spoiler]

You're making it hard for me  :banghead
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #222 on: July 20, 2010, 01:57:52 AM »
Body smoking from the heat but not hurt at all, Ayu wakes up at the other side of the gate.

One of his pins glow softly and another pin rests on the floor.

[spoiler]Choose one of your pins to be at-will. Meaning you do not need to count your uses with it. And furthermore, with regards to that particularly chosen pin, whatever flaws and drawbacks that you've made for it are eliminated. Assume the costs are already paid.

Also, feel free to create another pin on the house. Use your normal pins as the guidelines, flaws and drawbacks and 5 uses/day as per normal.[/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #223 on: July 20, 2010, 06:54:58 AM »
As if flying back from an unseen point of impact, Rinzen flies out of the gate landing near Ayu. Ushitora stays in his hand in its sealed form, but the power felt while in the gate remains. And contains only enough power for 1 use it seems.

[spoiler] well 1/day ya know.[/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #224 on: July 20, 2010, 09:44:37 AM »
Kagura walks out of the other side of the gate with Heinrich in tow. Sezaru's sealing blade, with which Kagura's sealing blade was a replica of, drops down and stabs into the ground before her, looking like brand new and its scabbard laying by it.

[spoiler]

'Tien Fu' (trans: Subdue all under the Heavens)

To call it a sealing blade is a misnomer. That it is used as a catalyst for the 8 Trigrams Sealing Spell Array was merely to tap into the 'Mythical Eight Trigrams Swordplay' imbued into the weapon at its moment of creation in order to harmonize the awesome power of the 8 Trigrams in order to create an energy matrix to channel, store and disperse energy harnessed by the Array.

Designed intentionally according to the specifications of Chinese 'jian' swords, the recognition of the ancient Wudang clan can be clearly seen. The blade is forged from meteorite being a material that came from beyond the earth, hence being of all elements and none of it. The metal of the blade gleams with sparkles reminiscent of the starry sky under certain angles in reflection of light. The weapon is heavy, sized and balanced for males, yet female wielders report no greater difficulty in using the blade provided they make some minor and somewhat insignificant adjustments and compensations.

With its origins in China, little is known of the how and the why a Japanese exorcist named Yayoi Sezaru came into possession of the weapon, but he seemed to be a fully capable Wudang exponent, so no prizes for guessing rightly if Sezaru was a student of that clan not known as an exorcist clan, but more of a martial arts clan.

Stats to come later...[/spoiler]

@ Agita
[spoiler]OOC: The sword wasn't meant to be used as a physical melee weapon. It is for all intents and purposes manipulated through spiritual power aka spiritual weapon[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 02:22:10 PM by Nick »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #225 on: July 21, 2010, 09:33:55 PM »
Kagura takes a step back in surprise as the ancient sword drops right in front of her and looks up, in the direction it fell from. Then, she takes a step forward and pulls the sword out and picks the scabbard up, looking at both as if in awe - after all, she is holding in her hands a fabled artifact dozens of times older than her. Even the replica she usually uses was crafted within her lifetime. Holding it by the handle, she feels that it's not balanced for someone of her build and size, but it shouldn't be too hard to compensate. Finally, almost reverently, Kagura places the sword in its scabbard and secures it on her back.

Looking at the other two of the group present, Kagura remembers her... encounter with Marko. He needs to be taken care of, too... yet more decisions and responsibility. From a practical standpoint, if the... being possessing Marko will not interfere, then the daughter should take precedence. After a pause, she turns to Ayu and Rinzen. "If du Vaul-chan and Kuroto-kun do not catch up quickly, we should make haste. It is likely that the daughter already cleared the gate as well." Again she speaks dispassionately, as if the girl had nothing to do with her, although she has more to do with her than before now.

[spoiler]...And then time stops until Marko and Mira are done and resumes flowing when they come through the gate. :P[/spoiler]
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #226 on: July 21, 2010, 11:02:13 PM »
[spoiler]As soon as the rest re-appear...[/spoiler]
Rinzen hears what she says, but doesn't seem to care. He looks down at himself; his regular clothes, and suddenly, they seemed comfortable, yet still ill-fit. Not to his body, but to his style and personality. He wanted more black, like in the old days. He suspected it was the psychological regression from his experience inside the gate. That gate could get addictive if ever he had the chance to get back into the place.

After half-listening to Kagura's words, and as the rest of the group flies back into reality, Rinzen chimes up, "So... did that experience suck for anybody else?" He stood, rubbing his lower back, and taking off the detached sleeves before replacing the gloves. Thinking for a moment, he takes away the hip-guard he was wearing too. After a few more seconds thought, he replaced all of it onto his body. The clothes, he decided, were fine; they just needed a bit of a touch-up. They were older, beaten up, not nice to look at our particularly fine to the touch.

AlterFrom

• Donkey Kong
  • Super Special Awesome
« Reply #227 on: July 21, 2010, 11:21:03 PM »
Not having actually been hurt, Ayu finds it surprisingly easy to prop himself into a standing position. As he stands, he looks at the new pin in between his thumb and forefinger. The design looks like some sort of bat -- an eerie, faceless, black blob with nasty-looking wings. He had an idea as to what it might do, but he didn't relish the thought of activating it.

As he watched the other two straighten themselves by the gate, Ayu pondered momentarily what Marko and the new girl were up to. Then he decided he didn't really care and just wanted to move on quickly to more important matters.

"Yeah, it sucked. How long do we give them? A minute?"

Ayu stared coldly at Kagura, awaiting a response.
Siggy
[spoiler]TIRED OF TRYING TO MANAGE FILES ACROSS SEVERAL COMPUTERS? GET DROPBOX AND SIMPLIFY THE PROCESS!

xkcd. It Rocks.

Tick, tock, Tick, tock...

FYI: I lose a couple years off my life anytime I see I have a PM.

We're ALL rules lawyers here. The BEST at what we do, too. It's like a Tom Grisham novel in which everybody at the top law firm is a dirty crook, but they all know the rules so well that TECHNICALLY speaking, they aren't breaking them...:eh

[/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #228 on: July 22, 2010, 08:19:29 AM »
The gate glows brightly as Maiko steps out of it, her glossy black tengu wings with burning red tips and highlights glowing in reflection of the gate's illumination. Her face the picture if rage yet her eyes are red with crying, with tears still streaming down her face.

Sheathing her blade, one can spot a new item at her belt. A fan made from golden feathers. And still something about her feels off. Not in a negative way, but off it still feels, like a barely contained power exuding an aura around her.

Snapping out of her own visions, Maiko looks around, her eyes briefly lingering a split second longer on Kagura, as if trying to take the whole vision of the miko into her eyes.

"Who else...is not out yet?"
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #229 on: July 22, 2010, 02:26:58 PM »
Meeting Ayu's stare with an equally cold one, Kagura simply nods at him, when Maiko steps out of the gate. Turning to the taller girl, Kagura answers, "Kurot-kun and du Vaul-chan are still inside. We were just talking about how long to wait before moving on without them. ...Maiko, are you okay?"

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #230 on: July 22, 2010, 02:32:29 PM »
Hugging Kagura as if not willing to let go (for entirely non-glomp reasons), Maiko remains silent, but Kagura's shoulder soon turns from moist to wet. I a few short moments her body starts humming slightly from that strange aura and energy that Maiko is faintly exuding.

"Just...let me hug you for a short while."
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 02:52:14 PM by Nick »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

HeadofVecna

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #231 on: July 22, 2010, 04:35:42 PM »
Kuroto chooses that moment to glide smoothly out of the gate. The darkness of his body is once again well-defined, but now a ring of scintillating white light orbits his brow. His aerial stance speaks of majesty, perfect posture, legs together with the tips of his feet pointing down, and angled like the sides of an equilateral triangle. Although the arc of his glance, and the degree to which it takes in Rinzen and Ayu, is impossible to determine, his head inclines with casual alien grace at Maiko and Kagura, "The comfort of 'friends' is the only true comfort in this world. Is it not?"

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #232 on: July 22, 2010, 05:47:36 PM »
Answering Kuroto quickly to cut off a possible conversation, Rinzen answers with a cheerfully bitter sounding "If even, but not always...."

He gives a few moments before he takes one more step towards the couple, eyes not looking directly at them; noone likes for strangers to see them cry. "So...... shall we go? You can catch up when you're ready, we'll not do anything drastic until you show up. Besides, someone should wait for Du Vaul, and she should be able to portal you all to any area here... take your necessary time." Rinzen starts off down the tunnel, away from the gate, giving both Ayu and Mark-... Kuroto a sharp look to follow.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #233 on: July 22, 2010, 08:47:58 PM »
Noting that Maiko is obviously not just horsing around, Kagura readily embraces her, thinking back to that time... Maiko used to be small enough that Kagura could hug her face to her chest with ease. No, she thinks to herself, considering her lifespan, Maiko is still a child that needs to be protected.
...Then, Kuroto interrupts. Kagura's right hand immediately moves to the shaft of her old sword when she hears the being's voice, but is made to reconsider by her current position. When Rinzen speaks, up, she reluctantly agrees. "Yes. We have no more time to waste. We will follow as soon as Maiko is at ease and du Vaul-chan arrives. And Uramote-san, please keep a close eye on.... him," she says, pointing at Kuroto.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #234 on: July 22, 2010, 10:37:52 PM »
With a much more cheerful expression, somewhat reassuring, he flashes a smile at Kagura. "Call me Rinzen, and of course. We'll do just fine. If he does anything stupid, I'll cut him in half." The second sentence, while said with the same emotion, seemed a bit more gleefully vicious than it probably had to be. " at that, Rinzen perks up, and starts to move down the hallways. As he passes Ayu and Kuroto, he gives a mocking gesture of invitation, saying "Shall we, men?"

« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 04:39:46 AM by Flay Crimsonwind »

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #235 on: July 22, 2010, 11:01:09 PM »
A minute later, Maiko disengages from Kagura's embrace and moves past Rinzen with fluid agility, whispering words that only he could hear.

"Since you have made a choice to master the ogre-mage. Give up all the tengu training and walk your own path, or the two conflicting forces will tear you apart. We bear no ill will, we understand the need for balance."
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #236 on: July 23, 2010, 04:41:28 AM »
As she passes, Rinzen hears her words, and a devilish smile crosses his features like a quick cloud over the sun. He said nothing, and thought so much. As if he didn't have a plan; he was condemned to this, he might as well get something he wanted out of it. And he had been planning this for so long. Inside, Ushitora let out a low, rumbling chuckle. Quickly as it passed over him, it disappeared, like a cloud passing over the sun.

As they get down the hallways, Rinzen trying to keep front and center, turns to Kuroto and asks, "So are you a demon, or some sort of external being? If you're not a corrupt soul, then I can't imagine what you'd be doing here." He says it very casually.
[spoiler]
And if Kuroto wants to try sensing a motive, he speaks without a hint of deception; he plans on asking his questions up front, apparently. This is different from the Rinzen observed before, if Kuroto observed him at all.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 11:37:12 PM by Flay Crimsonwind »

HeadofVecna

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #237 on: July 23, 2010, 07:44:27 AM »
Kuroto's voice is measured, but a hint of ire might be discerned under the diplomatic tones. "We bear no infernal taint.", he says with a slight upward nod that could be taken as a gesture toward Ushitora. He continues more conversationally, "But calling us an external being might be apt, although probably not in the sense you mean the term. It is perhaps best to think of us as part of the 'skin' of the universe. We are anchored to material existence by virtue of the boy, Marko. Yet we also touch, and stand as vanguard against, that which lies beyond."

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #238 on: July 24, 2010, 12:45:59 PM »
The gate shimmers, Mira stepping through with a somber expression. Noticing everyone already present, she looks up with a sheepish smile, "Sorry...I got lost again."
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #239 on: July 24, 2010, 01:38:59 PM »
The only one around when Mira steps out of the gate is Kagura. When the young girl apologizes, she responds gently, "It's alright. You arrived before I decided to leave you behind, after all. Oh, and..." The miko motions to Heinrich, who followed her throught he gate. "I think he finds your company more entertaining than mine. He was asleep the whole time. Well then, let's hurry after the others."