Author Topic: Invitation to the Mountains  (Read 28385 times)

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
Re: Invitation to the Mountains
« Reply #200 on: July 06, 2010, 05:58:34 PM »
Kagura, who has just noticed Heinrich sitting around on the floor looking lost, turns her head around to Marko. However, she doesn't retreat a step as Marko... no, his body floats closer, straightening herself to her full height and looking at him with cool eyes. "Kuroto-kun, the relationship between Maiko and I is of no concern to you. Also, a boy of your age should not talk that way. It is unbecoming. ...But you're not acctually Kuroto-kun, are you?" Her voice is cold as ice as she says this. It's obvious that Marko is different from what he was like before... she can't afford to be wasting time on this, frankly.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

HeadofVecna

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #201 on: July 06, 2010, 07:03:09 PM »
"Oh, but we are Kuroto. The literal meaning, 'black gate' is apt, no? As for how we talk, some of our memories stretch back for millennia. It seems we've touched upon a sore spot in mentioning your lover, and you seem impatient to move on. So be it. Run along my lovely. We'll have plenty of time to get to know each other later, perhaps intimately, later." Kuroto's voice is warm yet alien, its tones forming weird yet oddly pleasant chords.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #202 on: July 06, 2010, 07:08:49 PM »
"Friend," Kagura coolly and calmly corrects. However, she makes no move towards the gate. "The others are already on the way. While I would like to reach the daughter as soon as possible, I cannot in good conscience leave one of those entrusted to me in such a state." The miko's eyes narrow, now threatening instead of contemptive. "I was raised to be an exorcist." Suddenly, she is holding three strips of paper in her free hand, each inscribed with what looks like a sealing charm. She starts moving her mouth, silently forming syllables with her lips as if to cast a spell.

[spoiler]Kagura doesn't actually have an exorcism power, but she does have a mean Bluff mod. :P
Bluff (1d20+18=38)
And wicked luck with the dice.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 07:12:37 PM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

HeadofVecna

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #203 on: July 06, 2010, 07:31:58 PM »
"Wait! Marko will be fine. It pains us to admit, but he will come back to the fore eventually. But in the meantime perhaps we could come to an arrangement. We could ensure that you and your 'friend' are not interrupted as you 'recover' from this little outing. One of the boys is bound to stumble in at an inopportune time in the normal course of events."

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #204 on: July 06, 2010, 07:37:27 PM »
"Offer rejected." The answer comes almost as soon as Kuroto stops speaking, accompanied by an inscrutable face. Kagura raises the hand holding the paper charms in front of her face, her eyes fixed on the... something possessing Marko.

HeadofVecna

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #205 on: July 07, 2010, 12:23:48 AM »
Kuroto shrugs, his Cheshire grin unwavering, "Then is there something else you desire? I think you will find us most resourceful."

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #206 on: July 07, 2010, 09:29:31 AM »
There is a pause, but Kagura hardly noticeably wavers. "...No. I have many desires, but I don't want any of them to be fulfilled by something that may be dangerous. However, I'm very curious... I wonder what would happen if I were to offer you - but not Marko - to the gate."

HeadofVecna

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #207 on: July 07, 2010, 02:55:30 PM »
After a moment's consideration Kuroto replies, Well, even we can't be certain what would happen. But unless you think that every proximate dimension is overdue for an amusing round of tentacle rape, we'd suggest against it. We are the black gate after all. Should our structure become too compromised, that which lies on the other side might find easy entry."

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #208 on: July 07, 2010, 07:16:57 PM »
"In any case, I've had enough of you now," Kagura says, pointing the seals in her hand right at Kuroto. "I do not want to deal with you and the daughter. It is easiest for both you, me, and Kuroto-kun if you behave now and quietly relinquish control of his body. I do not want to, but I can knock him out. I think you don't want that either."

HeadofVecna

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #209 on: July 08, 2010, 03:17:47 AM »
A strange susurrus tickles Kagura's spine as much as her ears. Only a moment later does the pattern resolve as Kuroto's laughter. "Oh that was a mistake my sweet; Letting on that the exorcism would take longer than that bloody little dance you corporeals are so wont to do. Its true, if you knocked this body unconscious, it could prove inconvenient. And its also true that we don't share your impulse for physical aggression. Yet, we will warn you that such an attack would constitute an invitation to have a little traipse through that lovely mind of yours. Hmm, perhaps more than a little traipse ..."

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #210 on: July 09, 2010, 05:06:54 PM »
"...You are more intelligent than I hoped. Yes, it takes longer to bind you than to cut you down. That's because I would need to be careful when sealing you, or I would seal teh boy's mind as well. However," Kagura puts the charms away and partially unsheathes her sword, showing Kuroto the character reading 'seal' engraved on its blade. "This is a sword that can seal the whole body. It doesn't require much finesse, so that much can be done in a single slash. And I am faster than you. I don't want to do this as it would put the boy out of comission as well, but it's probably preferable to letting you run free."

HeadofVecna

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #211 on: July 11, 2010, 05:20:04 AM »
Kuroto begins to circle, not perambulating normally, but moving as if dragged, only the tips of his toes touching the floor. "Yes, yes. You are faster, have dozens of ways to stops us, and no secrets to protect. Yet you hesitate, hoping that we will miraculously see fit to yield primacy to a pitiful child. That will not happen. If it matters, we will consent to accompany you on this fool's errand. But your threats mean nothing, even if they emerge from succulent lips."

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #212 on: July 12, 2010, 09:54:46 AM »
Kagura stands immobile for a few seconds, as if pondering something. Then, with an inscurtable expression, she sheathes her sword. "...Very well." Turning her back to Kuroto, she picks up Heinrich and allows him to perch on her shoulder, then walks to the gate. When she's next to the pedestal, she turns her head to look cooly at Kuroto. "Well?"

HeadofVecna

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #213 on: July 13, 2010, 04:42:56 AM »
Kuroto approaches the pedestal slowly, as if with trepidation.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 05:17:57 PM by HeadofVecna »

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #214 on: July 13, 2010, 07:51:19 PM »
As Kuroto draws close to the pedestal, Kagura's eyes narrow, and she mutters a short prayer under her breath. "I offer my apologies to the spirits of the mountain for bringing conflict to this place." Suddenly, the girl whirls around, a whirlwind of black hair and red-white clothes, and delivers a low spinning kick to Kuroto's ankle. At the same time, she slams her hand on Kuroto's back to ensure that he falls in the right direction - toward the portal.

[spoiler]Not bothering with rolls, since the outcome of Kuroto's readied action going of is predetermined anyway, right?[/spoiler]

HeadofVecna

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #215 on: July 14, 2010, 01:26:26 AM »
[spoiler]Is Kagura knocking Kuroto toward the portal or toward the pedestal. If its toward the pedestal there's no need to roll. But if its toward the portal then we need to make rolls.  :bigeye [/spoiler]

HeadofVecna

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #216 on: July 14, 2010, 05:06:10 PM »
Kuroto goes down easily, his head colliding with the rim of the pedestal, and one hand entering its mercurial pool. Only as he plunges his hand in does a hint of eagerness, of triumph enter the abyss that has replaced the child-body's eyes. "We offer this body in sacrifice. And in acknowledgment of the trespass of the body's former occupant we ask naught in return."

Immediately, the young sprawled body begins to fall in on itself. His flesh breaks up as it descends, streaming into a growing, man-shaped hole in space. The humanoid event horizon curls into a fetal position, and floating, rights itself. Despite the utter darkness composing the figure, he takes on the toned muscular definition of a full-grown man. "Betrayal has its price Yayoi-san, and Marko has paid it. But despite this ... unpleasantness, we will still accompany you, if that is your desire."

[spoiler]The stats for Kuroto's traveler for are up![/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #217 on: July 14, 2010, 08:31:23 PM »
As soon as Kuroto's hand touches the liquid, Kagura begins to announce, "This person shall offer-" But Kuroto is, surprisingly, faster and louder. Kagura leaps back as the change takes place, but as soon as Kuroto has finished speaking, her hand moves to the sheathed sword, something very fast passes Kuroto's cheeck, and then she is resheathing her sword - a warning shot. "...With the elimination of a human, you are now categorized as hostile. I am authorized to eliminate you with any means at my disposal if I judge it to be necessary in order to prevent further harm upon other lving beings - humans or youkai. Give me a good reason for why I shouldn't do just that on the spot."

HeadofVecna

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #218 on: July 14, 2010, 10:06:47 PM »
The hovering figure shrugs, "Perhaps you should strike, in order to learn how things stand between us. Yet, still we do not wish enmity. Know that Marko is not dead. He is however beyond the reach of your arts, miko. We say this not to denigrate you. For the part of us that knows all, sees that you share more in common with Yamatohime-no-mikoto and Yamato-totohi-momoso-hime-no-mikoto than these silly girls who offer empty ritual to the kami in modern times. The task is beyond perhaps any earthly magic. But when we, the black gate, deem it proper, a new body will be crafted for him, and Marko will be allowed to return to the fore."

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #219 on: July 15, 2010, 06:10:38 AM »
As the door glows bright. Kuroto and Kagura (with Heinrich in tow) disappear.

---------------------------------------------------
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.