Author Topic: Fun Finds!  (Read 163758 times)

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
Re: Fun Finds!
« Reply #640 on: April 01, 2011, 04:30:51 AM »
I remember an Infernal feat in the Feats book that gives you a wish for your soul.

That is no longer a feat though. Its a Paladin Class Feature.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #641 on: April 01, 2011, 06:39:14 AM »
I wish Archao was kidding. Here's the direct feat description: "When you damage an opponent with a sneak attack, he dies instantly."

Expect your DM to never send another male character against you ever, if you use that feat.

In all fairness, uberchargers can already do that "if I hit you, you die" thing.  So it really just lets Rogues play the same game (with the ACF that lets them sneak attack anything it's obviously better).

Of course, why play a Rogue when you can just get Assassin's Stance and go with that...

JaronK

Ras F

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #642 on: April 01, 2011, 06:45:25 AM »
I wish Archao was kidding. Here's the direct feat description: "When you damage an opponent with a sneak attack, he dies instantly."

Expect your DM to never send another male character against you ever, if you use that feat.

In all fairness, uberchargers can already do that "if I hit you, you die" thing.  So it really just lets Rogues play the same game (with the ACF that lets them sneak attack anything it's obviously better).

Of course, why play a Rogue when you can just get Assassin's Stance and go with that...

JaronK

Speaking of Ubercharger's...
Same book as before: Impale: Str 13, Power Attack, BAB 3+, When you perform a charge action with a piercing weapon that can be set to receive a charge you deal double damage.
Life gives you lemons? Then you better fucking learn Citromancy.

Aharon

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #643 on: April 01, 2011, 02:20:47 PM »
3)There is Persistent Power, yes they did it, persistent for psionics.  The feat is fun when half the powers in the book are personal and there are easy recharge methods.  Especially when you use the eberron implant stones that increase your manifestor level to cover the 8PP cost of persistent power.

Technically, the 3.0 Psionics Handbook got the same treatment as all other 3.0 sourcebooks - things that weren't updated can be used in a 3.5 game. Guess which feat was in the 3.0 Psionics Handbook, and is thus 3.5 legal?  :smirk
By clicking this link, you open a pop-up, but I get a eurocent for my current wish, the 5th book of the Wheel of Time series. Please note that this only works if you leave the pop-up opened till it has finished loading. Thank you!

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #644 on: April 01, 2011, 02:22:55 PM »
Hyperconcious (written by the same guy as the XPH) has a Persistant Power feat as well.  I reccommend using that version since it's most compatible.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Benly

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #645 on: April 01, 2011, 05:49:45 PM »

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #646 on: April 01, 2011, 09:23:44 PM »
http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/featbox.pl?feat=Spirit_of_the_Beast
Benefit: You may manifest your hybrid form's natural attacks as a move action while you are in humanoid form. The natural attacks deal damage as appropriate for your size; see page 176 in the Monster Manual. Once manifested, you may use the natural attacks for as long as you wish. Ending the manifestation of your natural attacks is a move action. Using this feat is a supernatural effect.
Odd.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #647 on: April 01, 2011, 10:53:36 PM »
Are you undead or just plain immune to nonlethal damage?

Then I have a discount for you. For 50,000gp you can teleport as many times as you wish as often as you wish.
Warning: Not for use in direr emergencies, manufacturer is not responsible for lost luggage, party members, life, or limbs. Use only as directed. Consult your doctor if Sending is right for you. Do not mix with alcohol or other party drugs unless you are looking for a good time. Discontinue use if at any point your erection lasts for longer than four hours with this product.
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #648 on: April 02, 2011, 04:22:51 AM »
That looks hilarious!  A very interesting find, Soro.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Benly

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #649 on: April 02, 2011, 05:07:51 AM »
You'll have to be simultaneously immune to nonlethal damage and subject to critical hits, though - you need to confirm a critical hit for that to trigger.

If you've got fast healing or similar it'll work reasonably well to shake off the effects of repeatedly slapping yourself in the face with your Sap of Sending, though.

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #650 on: April 02, 2011, 06:55:58 AM »
Same book as before: Impale: Str 13, Power Attack, BAB 3+, When you perform a charge action with a piercing weapon that can be set to receive a charge you deal double damage.

Good for foot based chargers, but a Lance does this already for mounted folks, and works with Spirited Charge (which this does not).  Again, I'd say this is less overpowered than it seems.

JaronK

Talore

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Viking Skald
    • Email
« Reply #651 on: April 02, 2011, 04:16:29 PM »
You'll have to be simultaneously immune to nonlethal damage and subject to critical hits, though - you need to confirm a critical hit for that to trigger.

If you've got fast healing or similar it'll work reasonably well to shake off the effects of repeatedly slapping yourself in the face with your Sap of Sending, though.
"I swear sir, that's what 'e did. 'E just ran outta the tavern an' started spankin' 'imself with a sap and just up an' dissapeared!" -Mackey, Commoner and Drunk
Backseat moderator (voice) -_-

Ras F

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #652 on: April 02, 2011, 04:56:15 PM »

Good for foot based chargers, but a Lance does this already for mounted folks, and works with Spirited Charge (which this does not).  Again, I'd say this is less overpowered than it seems.

JaronK

At no point did I say it was overpowered. Melee damage is still melee damage no matter how you slice it.
Life gives you lemons? Then you better fucking learn Citromancy.

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #653 on: April 02, 2011, 06:39:44 PM »

JaronK

At no point did I say it was overpowered. Melee damage is still melee damage no matter how you slice it.
Also, Battle Boots(DMGII). Because if all the mobility gained from riding a mount wasn't good enough. The x4 damage while charging certainly will make up for it.

...Some people shouldn't design D&D books.
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
[/spoiler]

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #654 on: April 02, 2011, 07:40:12 PM »
what page are those boots on?

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #655 on: April 02, 2011, 07:44:04 PM »
Ras F brought up an interesting point to me on PM.

So far as I'm aware, nowhere do the rules state that you cannot use metapsionic feats more than once on the same power. Obviously in cases such as Quicken or Maximize it won't do you much good.

Empower, however...
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #656 on: April 02, 2011, 09:07:08 PM »
Quote from: SRD

Obviously they mean "of the spiked gauntlets", but that's not what it says. Fuck you, locked gauntlets.
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #657 on: April 02, 2011, 09:29:14 PM »
what page are those boots on?
Wrong on the name it's "Riding Boots". Page 270. Even grants +4 to ride checks too.

I was never under the impression that you can't use more than one metapsionic feat. However since they all require expending your focus, which takes at best a move action to recover, as part of the metapsionic which is part of manifesting you have to legacy up the ability to use multiple feats.

There might be other ways too.
[/spoiler]

Nox_Noctis

• Hong Kong
  • A Simple Exchange
    • Email
« Reply #658 on: April 02, 2011, 11:45:53 PM »
More from the AEG Feats book:

Aid Spell [Metamagic]
*Head asplodes*
Duskblades, War Weavers, and more rejoice.
Turn personal spells into touch spells for 1 spell level. (Hello, Arcane Thesis. Oh, you can do what for me?)
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #659 on: April 02, 2011, 11:55:00 PM »
More from the AEG Feats book:

Aid Spell [Metamagic]
*Head asplodes*
Duskblades, War Weavers, and more rejoice.
Turn personal spells into touch spells for 1 spell level. (Hello, Arcane Thesis. Oh, you can do what for me?)
And suddenly, Tenser's Transformation became useful!
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.