Author Topic: Fun Finds!  (Read 163415 times)

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
Re: Fun Finds!
« Reply #560 on: March 22, 2011, 06:28:56 PM »
@Talore, that's pretty well known and has an multiple posts about it in the Warlock Handbook.
I wonder, is HW mentioned more than Nabius?
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

Ras F

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #561 on: March 23, 2011, 02:39:33 AM »
@Agita, how much does it cost/page number?

@Talore, that's pretty well known and has an multiple posts about it in the Warlock Handbook.
Page 79, 7,512 gp. An item that provides a comparable benefit (+1 save bonus that stacks iwth a Cloak of Resistance) would be a Robe of the Vagabond, which gives a +1 Luck bonus to saves and AC to anyone for 6k. The Cape of Halflingkind (ordinarily) also gives a +1 save bonus that stacks with the staple Cloak, but limited to Halflings. Of course, then it goes on to provide other benefits as well.

:clap
I spent the better part of the day statting up a Binder just because I was inspired by this item.
Life gives you lemons? Then you better fucking learn Citromancy.

Widow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #562 on: March 23, 2011, 03:34:12 AM »

A skillmonkey 2/Branch Dancer 4 can pull +1 arrows out of trees (Branch Dancer requires 5 ranks in a couple skills, entry at lv3, gains the arrow pulling at 2nd level, as normal arrows. Upgrades to +1 arrows at 4th. The arrows have wooden heads, but treated the same as metal-tipped arrows.) As a free action. The tree loses a year of age for every 20 arrows extracted.

:banghead

So now you can ensure the trees in your garden stay the perfect size. Among other things -_- Instant logging, for so much more profit. I mean, think about it, at ECL 4 you can turn a tree into a pile of mundane arrows as a free action. Instant deforestation! You have 14400 move actions in a day. Get logging. Even if it's a 50-year old forest, that's 14.4 million arrows in a day. If they are +1 arrows, I calculate a daily value of 33 billion for a 50-year old forest. So 16-17 billion GP in pure profit.

Even if you houserule it to being a swift action, that's still 7200 +1 arrows a day. 16.5 million value, 8 million profit, regardless of tree ages. Note that this is up there with starting random wildfires in the top ways to get iced by the druid mafia.

ITT: We discuss the creative application of unlimited +1 arrows. OH HAI ARTIFICER.

The only problem I see with this is that the instant fletching power states that:

The arrows have wooden heads, but they act as arrows for all purposes when used by a branch dancer

The higher level 4 version says the arrows act a +1 arrows.  So I don't get the impression they are useable by other characters and not something with a actual value for resale.

This power is funny if used in conjunction with Polymorph any object.  I am sure you could make some money by pulling arrows out of clients to de-age them.  The tree shape spell almost works as well, but it says you are a creature disguished as a tree in the begining of the discription.  So it looks like we have a new entry for the immortality thread.

Ghostwalk Campaign Option: Rapid Wrath +1 mighty cleaving shortspear - doubles the speed of a creature that carries it. 11,702gp

I wonder how this would stack with haste or Fly like an arrow spell from dragon 308.  Fly like an arrow lets you fly at 10x your normal speed if you do nothing but fly in a straight line.  I have been wondering if you can break the sound barrier or not.  My last count was 4600 feet per round without using polymorph.

Ras F

« Reply #563 on: March 23, 2011, 06:08:21 AM »
I wonder how this would stack with haste or Fly like an arrow spell from dragon 308.  Fly like an arrow lets you fly at 10x your normal speed if you do nothing but fly in a straight line.  I have been wondering if you can break the sound barrier or not.  My last count was 4600 feet per round without using polymorph.

1 round = 6 seconds.
Dark Ancient Mercury Dragon: 310 Flight Speed. +Haste 340 Flight Speed. +RWrath 680 Flight Speed.
'Run' Action Flight 2,720 movement. +Burn Travel Devotion 3,400 movement. IF Fly like an Arrow replaces the x4 run with a x10 run 7,480 movement. If I'm right this is more than sufficient speed to generate a sonic boom. I'm not very good at this though, so you might seek out some of the TO builds, like 'Chuck' (though, I think that was updated/errata'd to no longer work at full capacity).
Life gives you lemons? Then you better fucking learn Citromancy.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #564 on: March 23, 2011, 11:29:07 AM »

1 round = 6 seconds.
Dark Ancient Mercury Dragon: 310 Flight Speed. +Haste 340 Flight Speed. +RWrath 680 Flight Speed.
'Run' Action Flight 2,720 movement. +Burn Travel Devotion 3,400 movement. IF Fly like an Arrow replaces the x4 run with a x10 run 7,480 movement. If I'm right this is more than sufficient speed to generate a sonic boom. I'm not very good at this though, so you might seek out some of the TO builds, like 'Chuck' (though, I think that was updated/errata'd to no longer work at full capacity).
Footsteps of the Divine received a very small change in its entry that rendered Chuck invalid.

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #565 on: March 23, 2011, 05:01:08 PM »

Chuck Jr.
Spellwarped Dark Mercury Dragon Cleric X / Crusader 1 / Ruby Knight Vindicator 7
Ancient, via self aging shenanigans. Has the Run feat.
Domains: Travel, Undeath.
Turns Per Day: 14 = 3 (base) + 4 (nightstick) + 4 (undeath:extra turning) + 3 (cha)
Fly Speed: 1,065 = 300 (base) + 10 (enhancement:heart of air) + 45 (spellwarp) + x2 (dark) + x2 (rapid wrath)
Running: 5,325.

Once per day by expending 14 Turn Undeads Chuck Jr triggers 14 Belt of Battles (all merged into one) granting him self a total of 15 full round actions in a single turn. He uses those to run like hell covering 79,875 feet in six seconds.

13312.5 feet per second = 2.5213068129375 miles per second.
151.27840877625 miles per minute.
9,076.704526575 per hour.

My Chuck Jr sucks but you know what?
[spoiler]Its over 9000!!!mph[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
[/spoiler]

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #566 on: March 23, 2011, 08:47:14 PM »
Ghostwalk Campaign Option: Rapid Wrath +1 mighty cleaving shortspear - doubles the speed of a creature that carries it. 11,702gp
I didn't find it in the items on page 42, nor in the web enhancement. Page number?
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped
« Reply #567 on: March 23, 2011, 08:54:53 PM »
I didn't find it in the items on page 42, nor in the web enhancement. Page number?

"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:
Kagamine Rin - Antichlorobenzene (ft. Kagamine Ren)

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #568 on: March 23, 2011, 09:12:05 PM »

Naturally.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Bester

• Email
« Reply #569 on: March 23, 2011, 09:19:09 PM »
I wonder how this would stack with haste or Fly like an arrow spell from dragon 308.  Fly like an arrow lets you fly at 10x your normal speed if you do nothing but fly in a straight line.  I have been wondering if you can break the sound barrier or not.  My last count was 4600 feet per round without using polymorph.

This has been my last week of character development.  You only need a fly speed of 135' and pathfinder run (if you let it apply to flight) to almost exactly reach mach 1 with fly like an arrow.  It is insanely easy to get fly speeds increased via feats and such.

Soro, don't forget all the untyped spells that increase magical flight speeds.  And the feat from sharn that gives you half again your flight speed while in manifest zones.  I suspect you will be in a manifest zone for maybe 1 second, but still.  It's been on my mind, so if anybody has any links to cheesy ways to increase your flight speed...

Also, deadly spray(same dragon mag)+whirling blade(line spell)+wraithstrike(all attacks) = profit. (edit:  I just reread 3.5 run and it's the same as pathfinder.  Weird how you forget things nobody ever takes?)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 09:29:40 PM by Bester »

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #570 on: March 23, 2011, 09:36:51 PM »
Re: Mercury dragon - what are the ECLs, size categories and casting abilities of the different age categories?

If there's a Medium one which is remotely playable I can stick on a sovereign archetype and use it for a build.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #571 on: March 23, 2011, 09:56:44 PM »
Wait, my favorite Arcane Unearthed spell is ALSO in 3.5?!?  PAYDIRT!
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #572 on: March 23, 2011, 10:15:30 PM »
Add in Air Heritage.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

Bester

• Email
« Reply #573 on: March 23, 2011, 10:26:29 PM »

Sorry guy, #309 was the first 3.5 issue.  Of course you could do what I do and don't tell the people you play with that this is the case.  The deadly spray whirling blade saved our butts when we fought a mirror of opposition after 2 encounters vs. ourselves at full.  It was still dangerous tho, but other me was instakilled by our arcanist hating sneak attacking ranger//rogue who flanked with his animal companion in the surprise round (which we made sure to get).  Everybody else's double was at half hps after the trick.

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #574 on: March 23, 2011, 10:28:36 PM »

Sorry guy, #309 was the first 3.5 issue.  Of course you could do what I do and don't tell the people you play with that this is the case.  The deadly spray whirling blade saved our butts when we fought a mirror of opposition after 2 encounters vs. ourselves at full.  It was still dangerous tho, but other me was instakilled by our arcanist hating sneak attacking ranger//rogue who flanked with his animal companion in the surprise round (which we made sure to get).  Everybody else's double was at half hps after the trick.

Unupdated 3.0=3.5 valid, so my point technically still stands :P
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #575 on: March 23, 2011, 11:44:57 PM »
Add in Air Heritage.
I'm sure someone can take what I've done and probably ditch it in return for something better. My goal of a 9000+ reference was met though :)

Re: Mercury dragon - what are the ECLs, size categories and casting abilities of the different age categories?

If there's a Medium one which is remotely playable I can stick on a sovereign archetype and use it for a build.
Actually you play as the youngest possible version of a dragon and use spells to temporally age your self, as a TD age grants HD and abilities.
[/spoiler]

nijineko

• King Kong
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton...
« Reply #576 on: March 24, 2011, 02:56:21 AM »
this thread seems to get better with age.
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?
Never game alone again!
KadoKado! Game for gifts!
The Ultimate Dice Rolling Engine

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #577 on: March 24, 2011, 10:59:00 AM »
this thread seems to get better with age.

It's wine-y?
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

TheEndIsNear

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #578 on: March 24, 2011, 11:38:21 AM »
Whiny

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #579 on: March 25, 2011, 12:34:09 PM »

Chuck Jr.
Spellwarped Dark Mercury Dragon Cleric X / Crusader 1 / Ruby Knight Vindicator 7
Ancient, via self aging shenanigans. Has the Run feat.
Domains: Travel, Undeath.
Turns Per Day: 14 = 3 (base) + 4 (nightstick) + 4 (undeath:extra turning) + 3 (cha)
Fly Speed: 1,065 = 300 (base) + 10 (enhancement:heart of air) + 45 (spellwarp) + x2 (dark) + x2 (rapid wrath)
Running: 5,325.

Once per day by expending 14 Turn Undeads Chuck Jr triggers 14 Belt of Battles (all merged into one) granting him self a total of 15 full round actions in a single turn. He uses those to run like hell covering 79,875 feet in six seconds.

13312.5 feet per second = 2.5213068129375 miles per second.
151.27840877625 miles per minute.
9,076.704526575 per hour.

My Chuck Jr sucks but you know what?
[spoiler]Its over 9000!!!mph[/spoiler]
Minor correction, Dark is +10 feet, Shadow is 1.5x, neither are *2.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]