Author Topic: Battle Jump + subjective gravity = ???  (Read 1910 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Battle Jump + subjective gravity = ???
« on: February 16, 2010, 06:36:48 PM »
The Battle Jump feat requires you to fall on an enemy to activate. It doesn't work if you fly down at them, or fly above them and drop, which somewhat limits its usefulness.

However, if you're somewhere like the Elemental Plane of Air you get to choose the direction of gravity as it applies to you. Get some kind of planar bubble effect going and BAM!
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
Re: Battle Jump + subjective gravity = ???
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 06:44:35 PM »
The Battle Jump feat requires you to fall on an enemy to activate. It doesn't work if you fly down at them, or fly above them and drop, which somewhat limits its usefulness.

However, if you're somewhere like the Elemental Plane of Air you get to choose the direction of gravity as it applies to you. Get some kind of planar bubble effect going and BAM!

Wouldn't this also qualify you for a Dive Attack (Races of the Wild)?

[spoiler][/spoiler]

NiteCyper

• Bi-Curious George
  • Contact me on .NET Messenger Service.
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 08:57:46 PM »
Rod of Embassy (A&E)?

Wait, how do you Banish a human from and to the Material Plane?!

Also, if this works... I imagine a solid wheel of cheese just landing here. Once that happens, it's over.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 09:00:29 PM by NiteCyper »
Caveat: I edit my posts, ever and anon after.

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 06:04:38 PM »
Battle Jump and Subjective Gravity is like "interlocking thing A and thing B."  They go so well together.
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

NiteCyper

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 10:07:44 PM »
Ninja 4, Standing Jump Monk variant (Dungeonscape?), Lion Totem Barbarian, Sudden Leap Maneuver, Roofjumper/walker feat that gains damage proportional to fall length (orbital drop cannon),

http://yfrog.com/5ncityscape62feats3roofjup
http://yfrog.com/2dcityscape62feats4roofwap

Note to self: albumize
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 10:29:31 PM by NiteCyper »

Empirate

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 09:05:37 AM »
Battle Jump don't work if you fall more than 30', so the applications of more height are limited.

NiteCyper

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 01:20:01 PM »
Battle Jump don't work if you fall more than 30', so the applications of more height are limited.
I assumed that that line was drawing the line between jumping and simply dropping down on your opponent. The line goes on to say "nor can you effectively battle jump while under the influence of a fly or levitate spell or effect." This further connotates the assumption I made.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 01:22:57 PM by NiteCyper »

CantripN

• Hong Kong
  • Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 12:50:19 PM »
Wouldn't False Gravity (SpC, Sor/Wiz 3) be much simpler?
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.

duncandun

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 07:50:12 PM »

couldn't you just air walk above them and drop?

its not flying, technically.