Author Topic: Fall of Sharn Re-recruitment Thread  (Read 22839 times)

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
Re: Fall of Sharn Re-recruitment Thread
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2010, 12:41:56 PM »
Dark Moon Warded Ranger is from what book?
Sorry, clumsily worded. Dark = dark template (+1 la, that side get's brought to ecl 7; it's taken at level 6 on that side; tome of magic p 161), moon warded is a variant from dragon 340, listed here page 99. It's basically replacing combat style with the sword sage's ac rules, wis to ac, lost if helpless, immobilized, etc, or in med or heavier armor. Ranger is ranger.

LA applies to both sides, so you'd be missing one Swordsage level. The AC bonus from the Ranger ACF doesn't stack with the Swordsage's AC bonus from my reading, you may want to reconsider using that variant.
Is starting gold as per level, or different? Fractional saves?

Starting GP is as standard, but Fractional Saves are not in effect.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2010, 03:10:51 PM »
Sorry, clumsily worded. Dark = dark template (+1 la, that side get's brought to ecl 7; it's taken at level 6 on that side; tome of magic p 161), moon warded is a variant from dragon 340, listed here page 99. It's basically replacing combat style with the sword sage's ac rules, wis to ac, lost if helpless, immobilized, etc, or in med or heavier armor. Ranger is ranger.

LA applies to both sides, so you'd be missing one Swordsage level. The AC bonus from the Ranger ACF doesn't stack with the Swordsage's AC bonus from my reading, you may want to reconsider using that variant.

My reading suggests it would stack, as it comes from a different source than SS's AC bonus, and the wording just says "Add your Wisdom modifier to your AC" rather than giving a type of bonus. It's much like when people stack Monk with Swordsage to get 2x Wis mod to AC. If that's also something you wouldn't allow, as the DM of this campaign, then by all means, this would be treated the same way.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2010, 03:22:11 PM »

My reading suggests it would stack, as it comes from a different source than SS's AC bonus, and the wording just says "Add your Wisdom modifier to your AC" rather than giving a type of bonus. It's much like when people stack Monk with Swordsage to get 2x Wis mod to AC. If that's also something you wouldn't allow, as the DM of this campaign, then by all means, this would be treated the same way.

Hmm. Rereading both. All right, I'll let them stack. He still needs to edit his LA though.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Dictum Mortuum

• Hong Kong
  • always female suspects
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2010, 08:47:29 PM »
Oh, is LA buyoff allowed?
Dictum Mortuum's Handbooks: My personal character optimization blog.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2010, 08:48:38 PM »
Oh, is LA buyoff allowed?

I nixed that all ready, so no.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2010, 03:51:26 AM »
Hmm. Rereading both. All right, I'll let them stack. He still needs to edit his LA though.
Danke! Alrighty then, Jackson B. Maxwell needs to buy some equipment...

About weapons, do we need a +1 magic bonus before we can get +1 effects on it? Basically, do I have to get +1 Shadow Hand Discipline Daggers, or just Shadow Hand Discipline Daggers? Not trying to ask for a gift, since you've already been way cool enough, just doing some quicky financing...

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2010, 04:33:10 AM »
As a +1 bonus equivalency enchantment, a weapon must already have a +1 enhancement bonus on it to be enchanted further, as normal.
Unless there's some reason it shouldn't be treated as a +1 enchantment, it should work just like flaming or throwing.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 04:34:53 AM by VennDygrem »

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2010, 06:10:36 AM »
As a +1 bonus equivalency enchantment, a weapon must already have a +1 enhancement bonus on it to be enchanted further, as normal.
Unless there's some reason it shouldn't be treated as a +1 enchantment, it should work just like flaming or throwing.
Exactly what I needed, danke! Now, 8k of 19 per dagger doesn't seem like a wise choice, as it would mean only my ring and two crystals would be affordable by barely.... we've got an artificer, right? Will it be possible to further enhance items later? I'll assume treasure might be yielded as well, such as a cache of weapons formerly saved for the special police like himself, buried in the depths of the ruinous city...

...sorry, that sentence got away from me...

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2010, 12:41:52 PM »
Exactly what I needed, danke! Now, 8k of 19 per dagger doesn't seem like a wise choice, as it would mean only my ring and two crystals would be affordable by barely.... we've got an artificer, right? Will it be possible to further enhance items later? I'll assume treasure might be yielded as well, such as a cache of weapons formerly saved for the special police like himself, buried in the depths of the ruinous city...

...sorry, that sentence got away from me...

The artificer was one of the players being replaced...

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2010, 01:36:06 PM »
???

Sorry for the lack of posting, I'm on the east coast, and I got hit with those huge snowstorms that are goin' around. Cut me off from cable, phone, and internet for four days.  :banghead

I'm ready whenever you guys are.
Ok, so no answer from Generic or Takanaki, but Rayth's in.

Poor Rayth, being forgotten like that...
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2010, 04:17:13 PM »
???

Sorry for the lack of posting, I'm on the east coast, and I got hit with those huge snowstorms that are goin' around. Cut me off from cable, phone, and internet for four days.  :banghead

I'm ready whenever you guys are.
Ok, so no answer from Generic or Takanaki, but Rayth's in.

Poor Rayth, being forgotten like that...

Man I'm bad with names. Ok, so we do have an Artificer. My bad.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Dictum Mortuum

• Hong Kong
  • always female suspects
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2010, 04:31:18 PM »
I take it that i can't select a metapsionic feat as a psychic warrior feat.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2010, 01:58:55 AM »
I take it that i can't select a metapsionic feat as a psychic warrior feat.

To be honest, I think it was a pure mistake that they left that out. Go ahead and count them as Psionic feats.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2010, 03:57:59 AM »
Put me on the waiting list.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2010, 04:25:54 AM »
Aside from 1400 gp, which I'm just trying to spread out over necessities, and my skills, which I just need to not be handling my valentines day weekend or homework to complete, I'm done. Anyone wanna once-over my sheet, see if I missed any items that need getting? Or give it the approval/denial?

By the by, I already worked in the spellguard ring, so I wont get party-nuked! Yay!

Dictum Mortuum

• Hong Kong
  • always female suspects
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2010, 07:31:38 PM »
Would metamorphic transfer work with the humanoid shape invocation?

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2010, 07:44:23 PM »
Would metamorphic transfer work with the humanoid shape invocation?

Only if the new form has an SuA. It says "such as the Metamorphosis power", and then forgets to correct the later text. Regardless of how many times you use the Invocation, you can still only use the feat 3/day.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Dictum Mortuum

• Hong Kong
  • always female suspects
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2010, 08:48:19 PM »
Of course at both points, assuming SuA = supernatural ability.

Btw, "humanoid" includes monstrous humanoids? Because that limits the selection quite a lot.

I'm going to post a list of supernatural abilities i'm planning to use, please tell me if any of those is cheesy or dirty.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 08:53:12 PM by Dictum Mortuum »

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2010, 09:05:46 PM »

Btw, "humanoid" includes monstrous humanoids? Because that limits the selection quite a lot.

I'm going to post a list of supernatural abilities i'm planning to use, please tell me if any of those is cheesy or dirty.

Monstrous Humanoid is a separate type. They really should have thought that one out better.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Dictum Mortuum

• Hong Kong
  • always female suspects
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2010, 09:17:54 PM »

Monstrous Humanoid is a separate type. They really should have thought that one out better.

Alright, no problem.

//edit: OK, sorry for asking that many questions, but :P dwarf traits are listed as (ex) and a special attack, while elf traits are listed as special qualities (both in MM1). Are there any errata concerning this?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 09:32:20 PM by Dictum Mortuum »