Author Topic: How to handle players with airplanes?  (Read 1465 times)

Senevri

• Donkey Kong
    • Art and Depression
How to handle players with airplanes?
« on: February 08, 2010, 03:06:55 AM »
Okay, we picked up the pick-up game 'Spirit of the Century' as a pick-up game for sunday, when one of the D&D players is gone, and one player made a test-pilot / mechanic type character. How do I engage his skills in a relevant fashion? He can't lug the plane around everywhere. I can get some use out of his secondary engineering/guns/rapport skillset, but the prototype plane's not going to see much use under most circumstances, it would seem.

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
Re: How to handle players with airplanes?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 01:04:25 PM »
Give the plane the conscious gadget improvement to allow it to supply air support even when the character is on the ground. Like being able to call in an airstrike or picking the players up if they are in a hurry. By the way I love SotC and good luck with your game.

Senevri

• Donkey Kong
    • Art and Depression
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 05:03:08 PM »
Yeah, it's awesome. *plugplugplugplug*

I mean, character creation can be done in 30 seconds, if necessary - "I'm Richard Carter, the Gentleman Thief, I once saved the world from the Assault of the Dread Shades of Incongruity Gem." That means...
Sklls, Burglary, Athletics, Rapport; Aspects "The Cat of Monte Carlo", "Incongruity Gem", "Savior Complex". Go!

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 05:42:27 PM »
Yeah, it's awesome. *plugplugplugplug*

I mean, character creation can be done in 30 seconds, if necessary - "I'm Richard Carter, the Gentleman Thief, I once saved the world from the Assault of the Dread Shades of Incongruity Gem." That means...
Sklls, Burglary, Athletics, Rapport; Aspects "The Cat of Monte Carlo", "Incongruity Gem", "Savior Complex". Go!

Although the whole recommended character creation session thing takes about 15min to a half hour but it is fun throughout unlike many systems character creation systems.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 06:38:29 PM »
I would try and treat it like in D&D when they get teleport. Expect them to use it and try and provide as many opportunities as you can for it to still be useful. Perhaps as the primary method of getting to and from primary locations for "adventures". Rather than just RPing it you could also have them coming under attack while traveling in it and then his skill will be needed for them to escape unharmed, just don't kill the whole party if he has some bad luck.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren