Author Topic: Fun with changelings  (Read 4834 times)

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
Re: Fun with changelings
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 03:53:38 PM »
Yes they do.  All Kobolds have the 12 age categories according to table 3-2 on page 39 of Races of the Dragon.  Still, the Changeling doesn't qualify for Dragonwrought  :sorry

Then how exactly do you explain that kobolds get the regular table for aging too?
Because the regular table for aging tells you the ages at which they get bonuses and penalties as well as maximum age.  Table 3-2  says what age category they are in.

If the regular table for aging tells you what their maximum age is, and the age categories in page 3-2 display ages ABOVE that... How does it work, exactly?
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2010, 04:06:28 PM »
Yes they do.  All Kobolds have the 12 age categories according to table 3-2 on page 39 of Races of the Dragon.  Still, the Changeling doesn't qualify for Dragonwrought  :sorry

Then how exactly do you explain that kobolds get the regular table for aging too?
Because the regular table for aging tells you the ages at which they get bonuses and penalties as well as maximum age.  Table 3-2  says what age category they are in.

If the regular table for aging tells you what their maximum age is, and the age categories in page 3-2 display ages ABOVE that... How does it work, exactly?
That's not what I'm seeing.  They hit Venerable at 120 years with their maximum age being Cha modifier years after that.  The Age categories table has the last definitive point at 121 years and anything above it.  Simply put, Kobolds with Cha scores of 11 and lower never reach Great Wyrm stag; they die before then.  Easy.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2010, 05:48:53 PM »

That's not what I'm seeing.  They hit Venerable at 120 years with their maximum age being Cha modifier years after that.  The Age categories table has the last definitive point at 121 years and anything above it.  Simply put, Kobolds with Cha scores of 11 and lower never reach Great Wyrm stag; they die before then.  Easy.
Hm. Guess I was wrong then.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2010, 12:52:18 AM »
I'm not sure if you COULD take Dragonwrought.  Racial Emulation specifies you gain the subtypes of the mimicked race, so a Changeling mimicking a Kobold would gain the Reptilian and Dragonblood subtypes.  However, he isn't a kobold.  There is no Kobold subtype, so he wouldn't qualify for things as a Kobold.  He could qualify for Dragonbloood or Reptilian stuff, but not Kobold.

Quote from: Races of Eberron

You get subtypes as well as that...

It could be am interesting way to get into Drow or other higher LA prestige classes even if your DM rules that you need to keep the same race to continue to qualify for things. You would need to be permanently shaped into a drow in that case and an anti magic field would remove all your class features but it could be done...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 01:00:47 AM by Littha »