Author Topic: Character Creation Thread  (Read 8642 times)

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
Re: Character Creation Thread
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2010, 03:30:45 PM »
Cool, thanks :)
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2010, 03:42:52 PM »
Basic sheet and stub are up in the character sheet thread. I'll finish work on the sheet once I get a point-buy number :)
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2010, 04:16:58 PM »
28pb. You've got some room for improvement, but it's still a Tier 1 build.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2010, 04:53:34 PM »
Sounds good enough to me :)

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2010, 05:40:49 PM »
By the way, how are we calculating HP?

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2010, 05:59:51 PM »
Judging by the old sheets I'm assuming standard average hp after 1st level, keep track of .5 hp.

bogsnes

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2010, 06:02:15 PM »
Well, I think Ill just go with Druid 20 (maybe some melee PrC, but I dunno).... Anyone know of any druid alt class features that makes me lose animal companion? if not, Ill just not summon one :P

gonna use the UA alt class feature that makes me lose wild shape, but gain wis to AC and move speed and all that stuff.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2010, 06:34:43 PM »
Except for working out some equipment, a spellbook and a basic background I'm pretty much done.
Any thoughts?

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2010, 07:27:58 PM »
Well, I think Ill just go with Druid 20 (maybe some melee PrC, but I dunno).... Anyone know of any druid alt class features that makes me lose animal companion? if not, Ill just not summon one :P

gonna use the UA alt class feature that makes me lose wild shape, but gain wis to AC and move speed and all that stuff.

The House Rules state that Druids have to use the Shapeshift variant from PHB2. Dunno if that stands given your plans to swap out Wild Shape

bogsnes

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2010, 02:23:52 PM »
Ah, I forgot...

well, I'd be happy with not getting neither wild shape nor shapeshift or animal companion if I get the alternate class feature...

Altho having both the alt class feature and shapeshift would be awesome :P

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2010, 02:33:08 PM »
Ah, I forgot...

well, I'd be happy with not getting neither wild shape nor shapeshift or animal companion if I get the alternate class feature...

Altho having both the alt class feature and shapeshift would be awesome :P

One or the other, unless you also take Wild Cohort.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

bogsnes

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2010, 03:47:22 AM »
Wild Cohort was a feat that gave me animal companion?

Well, that wouldn't work anyways since I traded wild shape and not AC for the alt class feature....

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2010, 02:52:12 PM »

Well, that wouldn't work anyways since I traded wild shape and not AC for the alt class feature....

Ah, right. Forgot the Wis to AC variant needed you to lose Wildshape.

Meh, that's fine then. The main issue is I don't want Druids having Wild Shape.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2010, 11:55:10 PM »
For my required Weapon Focus, if I get proficiency in a martial weapon from a Vestige I plan to use often (my primary vestige, if you will), would you let me use WF for it? Next level I'll be taking a level of Warblade for Weapon Aptitude and a handful of maneuvers, and of course I'll get martial weapon proficiency then anyway.

If not, I'll just go with something else. *shrug*

Are there any other feat changes we should know about?

Anyone else played a binder before? Any suggestions for good feats, besides Improved Binding? I took a look through the handbook and it's sparse on feats, aside from some role-oriented feat combos.

bogsnes

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2010, 10:38:34 AM »

Ah, right. Forgot the Wis to AC variant needed you to lose Wildshape.

Meh, that's fine then. The main issue is I don't want Druids having Wild Shape.

Then how should we do it? I really don't want an AC hanging around me all the time :P

And I can't seem to find anything half-decent to replace it either

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2010, 02:52:07 PM »
Then how should we do it? I really don't want an AC hanging around me all the time :P

And I can't seem to find anything half-decent to replace it either

What about using the Spirit Shaman over Druid? I know you'd lose Wis to AC, but it basically gets the same thing when you can turn Incorporeal (alternatively, Shape Soulmeld or Martial Study for one of the various AC boosters).

For my required Weapon Focus, if I get proficiency in a martial weapon from a Vestige I plan to use often (my primary vestige, if you will), would you let me use WF for it? Next level I'll be taking a level of Warblade for Weapon Aptitude and a handful of maneuvers, and of course I'll get martial weapon proficiency then anyway.

If not, I'll just go with something else. *shrug*

Are there any other feat changes we should know about?

Anyone else played a binder before? Any suggestions for good feats, besides Improved Binding? I took a look through the handbook and it's sparse on feats, aside from some role-oriented feat combos.

I'm still tweaking the feats (oddly, the Weapon Focus line is so mediocre that improving it is very difficult on me). One thing I do know is that Weapon Mastery/Supremacy change the Actions required for an Attack/Full Attack, I just don't have much else for the other feats.

For a Binder/Warblade, I'd pick feats that can do something different each day or retain use even without your primary Vestige (Martial Stance, for example).
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 02:55:23 PM by Sinfire Titan »

[spoiler][/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2010, 03:35:54 PM »
Well, I'm only dipping Warblade, but that just makes more of a case for Martial Stance I think. Or similar types of feats.
Thanks.

Guess I'll go Weapon Focus with Mace or something, then.
(I need it for Knight of the Sacred Seal)

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2010, 04:26:14 PM »
Well, I'm only dipping Warblade, but that just makes more of a case for Martial Stance I think. Or similar types of feats.
Thanks.

Guess I'll go Weapon Focus with Mace or something, then.
(I need it for Knight of the Sacred Seal)

Have you made up your mind on which Weapon Focus you are taking? If so, I can post the additional benefits for that weapon's type.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2010, 06:35:27 PM »
Well, I think it was between mace and one other option. I can only take WF in a weapon I'm proficient in, but once I dip that level of Warblade I can change it for free, essentially. So I think I'll start with Mace and work from there. :)

Though, if Weapon Focus grants different bonuses based on weapon type, other than the benefits listed for the weapons themselves listed in your rules document, then I'd like to have an idea of what that's about before I commit.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2010, 06:39:58 PM »
Well, I think it was between mace and one other option. I can only take WF in a weapon I'm proficient in, but once I dip that level of Warblade I can change it for free, essentially. So I think I'll start with Mace and work from there. :)

Though, if Weapon Focus grants different bonuses based on weapon type, other than the benefits listed for the weapons themselves listed in your rules document, then I'd like to have an idea of what that's about before I commit.

Example: Weapon Focus (Polearms) gives the standard +1 bonus with the selected Polearm. If you are wielding a Polearm with the Reach ability (but not Flexible Reach), you effectively gain the benefits of the Short Haft feat (PH2).

Weapon Focus (Axes) is similar to the Cleave feat I posted in the House Rules forum. It gives your weapons the Staggering ability. If they all ready had it, you get a bonus on the Bull Rush/Overrun check equal to twice the Critical multiplier.

There won't be a Hybrid Weapon Focus. That's going to be the Weapon Style feats (High Sword Low Axe, Lightning Mace etc).

[spoiler][/spoiler]