Author Topic: [PATHFINDER] Ask a simple question, get a silly- I mean, simple answer.  (Read 91689 times)

b100d_arrowz

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Q 56: On the PFSRD site I found the updated psionic classes. None of them has Concentrations as a class skill, even though they need it for gaining focus. WTH am I missing?

And then I read the core rules. How silly was that.

-Uncle Has
I thought the same the first time I looked over Pathfinder  :lmao
I'm delirious from lack of sleep, but am sustained by the power of the Gatling Gun!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Q 57 Is there a dog-like race that can be played in PF? I know they've brought in a couple of new playable races in the Adventure Paths, but haven't seen a dog yet. Even 3rd party PF-based is fine.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

b100d_arrowz

• Email
Q 57 Is there a dog-like race that can be played in PF? I know they've brought in a couple of new playable races in the Adventure Paths, but haven't seen a dog yet. Even 3rd party PF-based is fine.
Closest thing I can find is the ratman, although perhaps an update will come here, where they talk about monsters as PCs. I havent flipped through Bestiary 1 or 2 fully yet, so there might be one lying in wait there.
I'm delirious from lack of sleep, but am sustained by the power of the Gatling Gun!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
A 57
Not directly, but you can use Anthropomorphic Animal to get your dog-man.

But its not exactly hard to make one:
Dogman
Medium Humanoid
Speed Dogmen have a land speed of 40ft.
Abilities Constitution +2, Wisdom +2, Intelligence -2. Dogmen are tireless in their persistence and famed for their insight, though inflexible in thought.
Low Light Vision  Dogmen can see twice as far as humans in poor lighting.
Scent Dogmen retain their keen nose of their canine forebears.
Natural Weapons Dogmen have a natural bite attack that deals 1d6 damage. This is a primary attack, or secondary if used with a manufactured weapon.
Canine Instinct Dogmen have an exceptional affinity for tracking and hunting, they gain a +2 racial bonus on Perception and Survival checks.
Canine Empathy Dogmen gain the Wild Empathy ability as a druid of their level, but only applicable to canines(dogs, wolves and similar creatures). Wild canines are Indifferent instead of Unfriendly and domestic canines are Friendly.
Natural Armor Dogmen's thick fur grant them a +1 natural armor bonus to AC.
Languages Dogmen begin play speaking Common and Sylvan. Dogmen of high Intelligence scores may choose any of the following: Elven, Gnome, Goblin, Halfling and Orc.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
No, they're not. They're in 3.5's Savage Species. Just need to give them +2 Wisdom. I was just looking for a PF one as opposed to bringing one over.

And just found the 3rd Party Animus, Dog subrace. They're basically humans with an animal's head. There's also a frog, cat, spider, and a few others.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 12:24:55 PM by kevin_video »

veekie

• Organ Grinder
No, they're not. They're in 3.5's Savage Species. Just need to give them +2 Wisdom. I was just looking for a PF one as opposed to bringing one over.

And just found the 3rd Party Animus, Dog subrace. They're basically humans with an animal's head. There's also a frog, cat, spider, and a few others.
I'd say use the Savage Species one, but mine is basically exactly the same, except I replaced Speak With Animals 1/day(which is really few to carry the flavor) with a specialized Wild Empathy. And of course, the higher speed is because dogs are fast for their size.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
Re: [PATHFINDER] Ask a simple question, get a silly- I mean, simple answer.
« Reply #206 on: June 05, 2011, 09:30:01 PM »
Q58: Is there anything like this spellcard generator for psionic powers?
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Luckanan

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #207 on: June 07, 2011, 11:20:18 AM »
Q58: Can a Hungry Ghost Monk steal ki (or hit points) by using a ranged weapon?  Is Steal Ki considered a ki strike?

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #208 on: June 07, 2011, 04:20:23 PM »
Q58: Can a Hungry Ghost Monk steal ki (or hit points) by using a ranged weapon?  Is Steal Ki considered a ki strike?
It specifically occurs on a critical hit, so yes it works with any weapon, and no, its not a ki strike unless it happens to trigger ON a ki strike attack.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

SeekingKnight

• Curious George
« Reply #209 on: June 08, 2011, 08:55:34 PM »
Q59

Anyone tell me, from the GM guide of PF, what in the hell a Pilgrim does?  A DM friend of mine had us randomly pick characters from the NPCs in the back that had to be "CR 5".  Seeing how...odd PF has it's CR system the group is imba.  Not the point though, just wondering what class combinations, if any, are/is the Pilgrim.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #210 on: June 08, 2011, 09:06:02 PM »
A59
The Pilgrim in the NPC listing is just a CR 3 Commoner 5 with healing, religion and perception skills, as well as a quantity of divine healing spells as potions.

Properly speaking they're either making a journey to or from a holy site.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #211 on: June 11, 2011, 04:03:10 AM »
Q 60 I know that the illithid and the beholder got 3rd party PF versions done up for them (phrenic, evil eye), but what about the githyanki? Is there a PF version of them yet?

Q 61 A while back I asked this, found it, and now lost the answer. It was a Pathfinder book (don't remember if it was the 3.5 version of current) that gave you an ACF for clerics that allowed them to gain a full BAB, but I think it sacrificed one of their domains. Anyone know where this ACF is? In the same book, a fighter gets 4+Int skills and a few more class skills in exchange for the 1st level feat.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 02:49:15 AM by kevin_video »

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email

Vasja

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #214 on: August 05, 2011, 11:50:40 AM »
Q63: Why doesn't the Weretiger Hybrid have pounce and rake listed under its special attacks? The Lycanthrope page states that a lycanthrope gains the special attacks, qualities, and abilities of the base creature, which would seem to indicate that it should have these attacks.

Additionally, following the same Lycanthropy rules, shouldn't it be Large [size of base creature or animal, whichever is greater] and have +5 natural armor [+2 of the base animal, which is +3 for a tiger].
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 11:58:32 AM by Vasja »

b100d_arrowz

• Email

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #216 on: August 10, 2011, 08:31:28 PM »
Q64 What good ways are there of making full attacks on a charge for a rogue? I know I need pounce, but how do I get it easily?
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #217 on: August 11, 2011, 07:53:15 PM »
Q64 What good ways are there of making full attacks on a charge for a rogue? I know I need pounce, but how do I get it easily?
dimension door (from UMD) + Dimensional Agility feat chain?
4 levels of psychic warrior or 3 of war mind will get you the ability to manifest psionic lion's charge, and if you choose the Feral Warrior path the former also grants a pseudo-pounce when you expend psionic focus. There's a trait which is half-strength Practiced Manifester, to get you some extra pp.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 07:55:53 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #218 on: August 13, 2011, 07:33:03 PM »
dimension door (from UMD) + Dimensional Agility feat chain?
4 levels of psychic warrior or 3 of war mind will get you the ability to manifest psionic lion's charge, and if you choose the Feral Warrior path the former also grants a pseudo-pounce when you expend psionic focus. There's a trait which is half-strength Practiced Manifester, to get you some extra pp.

Thanks, would the dimension door trick work with that skirmish ability from the scout package?
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

Eviltedzies

• Live life. Otherwise you have none.
    • Email
« Reply #219 on: August 18, 2011, 04:23:53 AM »
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 04:32:47 AM by Eviltedzies »
Light in the Darkness.
Darkness in the Light.
It is truly a neverending cycle of nightmares.
Yet that is what we have been given.
Find your dreams where you may.
And live life like no other.