Author Topic: [PATHFINDER] Ask a simple question, get a silly- I mean, simple answer.  (Read 91687 times)

Reko

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: [PATHFINDER] Ask a simple question, get a silly- I mean, simple answer.
« Reply #180 on: January 06, 2011, 11:01:22 AM »
Q50: How exactly does BAB increases that grant additional attacks (i.e. +6, +11, +16) work with natural weapons?

The SRD has this mildly confusing text: "You do not receive additional natural attacks for a high base attack bonus. Instead, you receive additional attack rolls for multiple limb and body parts capable of making the attack (as noted by the race or ability that grants the attacks)."

For example, I am a half-orc Shapeshift Ranger with three natural attacks: 2 claws (primary), 1 bite (secondary)

What happens when I reach BAB 6?   ???

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #181 on: January 06, 2011, 11:04:11 AM »
Q50: How exactly does BAB increases that grant additional attacks (i.e. +6, +11, +16) work with natural weapons?

The SRD has this mildly confusing text: "You do not receive additional natural attacks for a high base attack bonus. Instead, you receive additional attack rolls for multiple limb and body parts capable of making the attack (as noted by the race or ability that grants the attacks)."

For example, I am a half-orc Shapeshift Ranger with three natural attacks: 2 claws (primary), 1 bite (secondary)

What happens when I reach BAB 6?   ???
Nothing. Natural attacks never increase in interatives, unless you have a feat that grants an extra attack with them like Rapidstrike.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

Reko

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #182 on: January 06, 2011, 11:15:49 AM »
Thanks.

Q51: Where can Rapidstrike be located?  :)

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #183 on: January 06, 2011, 11:27:15 AM »
Thanks.

Q51: Where can Rapidstrike be located?  :)
Non-pathfinder book. The 3.5 Draconomicon.
[Spoiler]

They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

[/spoiler]

Senevri

• Donkey Kong
    • Art and Depression
« Reply #184 on: January 06, 2011, 11:59:58 AM »
Natural attacks never increase in interatives, unless you have a feat that grants an extra attack with them like Rapidstrike.

On the other hand, if a claw/claw/biter wields a one-handed weapon of any kind, they can still take a claw and a bite attack as secondary. I'm not entirely sure if you'd need to take TWF penalties to do so, however....

Reko

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #185 on: January 06, 2011, 12:09:32 PM »
Yeah, TWF penalties apply with the natural attacks counting as light weapons.

I'll have to wait a while before kick, kick, claw, claw, bite becomes viable with regards to actually hitting anything :)

Thanks for the help McPoyo.

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #186 on: January 06, 2011, 12:18:19 PM »
Yeah, TWF penalties apply with the natural attacks counting as light weapons.

I'll have to wait a while before kick, kick, claw, claw, bite becomes viable with regards to actually hitting anything :)

Thanks for the help McPoyo.
Check the newest faq/errata. That was a typographical error. Natural attacks do not count towards whether TWF penalties apply, though they still take them once they do.
[Spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Nemo

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #187 on: February 05, 2011, 09:04:21 AM »
Q52:
Let's say Im Monk 2\Psion8\Warshaper 2. I have Tashalatora [Psion]. I use flurry of the blows. What happens? Do I strike for +11 or +15?
A monk using flurry treats his BAB from monk levels as equal to his monk level. He still adds BAB from other sources (such as other classes or racial Hit Dice) normally to this total.
Tashalatora makes my "monk level" 10. I still have +5 BAB from other sources: +4 from Psion and +1 from Warshaper. Correct?

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #188 on: February 05, 2011, 10:22:56 AM »
Q52:
Let's say Im Monk 2\Psion8\Warshaper 2. I have Tashalatora [Psion]. I use flurry of the blows. What happens? Do I strike for +11 or +15?
A monk using flurry treats his BAB from monk levels as equal to his monk level. He still adds BAB from other sources (such as other classes or racial Hit Dice) normally to this total.
Tashalatora makes my "monk level" 10. I still have +5 BAB from other sources: +4 from Psion and +1 from Warshaper. Correct?
your Psion bab are irrelevant, since they count as "monk" for FoB.
[Spoiler]

[/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Q 53 If there's no such thing as LA in PF, what happens when you become an afflicted lycanthrope, and there's no readily available cure, or you choose not to get rid of the curse? How does that work? Are you now the equivalent to the minotaur for how you progress for the next few levels?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
A 53
To fit that in, the best bet seems to be to convert the template effects into a racial class for a PC playable template.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
A 53
To fit that in, the best bet seems to be to convert the template effects into a racial class for a PC playable template.
Well they definitely have that up on the wizards site. Of course you know people are going to be mad about how the WotC stuff is less potent than the PF stuff for class levels.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
Personally, you could take those racial classes from our own Homebrew boards, they're fairly close in terms of power and usability. Just need to tweak the skills.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Luckanan

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Q54: Is there a guide out there to maximizing CMB?  Or does anyone have tips?  (I'm looking specifically at the Trip manuever.)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
A54
Doing it with a weapon adds the weapon's enhancement bonus, but then it's just the same as increasing to hit...except size increases CMB instead of decreasing it.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
If the tiefling and aasimar are supposed to be equivalent to the base races, or closer even, why then does it say in a side bar of the Council of Thieves adventure path that they're actually more powerful than a base race, and that a GM should consider making them take XP penalties until 2nd level, or limit them to only an NPC class for a level?

Garryl

• Hong Kong
Maybe it was written before the (formerly) level adjustment-using race details were finalized? CoT was published a little over a year after Pathfinder came out. It's not impossible that it was written earlier and just never published until later and the editors forgot to remove that part.
A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
General listing of my homebrew.
Links to things I've worked on
[spoiler]
Idiot Crusader, refreshing maneuvers for free every round.
The Opposed Checks Handbook - Under construction.
Adaptations Handbook - Under construction.
[/spoiler]

b100d_arrowz

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Q 55: Would multiple castings of pernicious poison give a stacking penalty to the targets saving throw against poison? It is an untyped penalty as per the SRD. This would make my friend who has been on an assassin tear recently very happy  :plotting
I'm delirious from lack of sleep, but am sustained by the power of the Gatling Gun!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Garryl

• Hong Kong
Q 55: Would multiple castings of pernicious poison give a stacking penalty to the targets saving throw against poison? It is an untyped penalty as per the SRD. This would make my friend who has been on an assassin tear recently very happy  :plotting

A 55: Unless Pathfinder removed the rule about bonuses/penalties from the same source not stacking, the penalties of multiple instances of any given spell shouldn't stack with each other.
A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
General listing of my homebrew.
Links to things I've worked on
[spoiler]
Idiot Crusader, refreshing maneuvers for free every round.
The Opposed Checks Handbook - Under construction.
Adaptations Handbook - Under construction.
[/spoiler]

Hasmadad

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Q 56: On the PFSRD site I found the updated psionic classes. None of them has Concentrations as a class skill, even though they need it for gaining focus. WTH am I missing?

And then I read the core rules. How silly was that.

-Uncle Has
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 06:27:00 PM by Hasmadad »