Author Topic: World of Warcraft RPG  (Read 1453 times)

Daedalus

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
World of Warcraft RPG
« on: February 02, 2010, 12:58:58 PM »
Anyone has any experience playing it? (aka is it worth reading the books & convincing your d&d players to try it?)

johnboy069

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Re: World of Warcraft RPG
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 03:25:02 AM »
I have the book, and an adventure from rpgnow, but I haven't found anyone to play it. It seems a little more balanced than core but I could be wrong.
This is johnboy069 and toryn from the wizards boards:)
\m/ RIP Ronnie James Dio, you will be missed.\m/ :bigeye

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 11:55:16 AM »
I have the book, and an adventure from rpgnow, but I haven't found anyone to play it. It seems a little more balanced than core but I could be wrong.
Make a PbP and try it out. As long as you can provide enough for people to make their character and explain the rules you should be good.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Shogun37

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 12:05:17 AM »
     A friend of mine had the book, and nearly convinced me to "adapt" it to our 3.5 game.  Yikes....talk about overpowered.  On its own, it didn't look that bad, just doesn't transfer well, IMHO.  Good artwork, though.

shades of eternity

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 05:37:06 PM »
yeah

pretty much everybody got an upgrade, but  it is more balanced between spellcasters and nonspellcasters (especially since the tinker takes a lot of the utility out of the spellcasters and spellcorruption against the arcane).