Author Topic: Upgrading Paragons for Pathfinder  (Read 1621 times)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Upgrading Paragons for Pathfinder
« on: January 31, 2010, 02:43:12 PM »
Now I've asked before with others, but everyone seems to think that the paragons are completely balanced with the new Pathfinder system. I completely disagree. Now while I don't know exactly what I'd be doing for them all, I have thought about it and this is what I've come up with so far.

For those who wonder why I did some of the things I did, I based it off of the rulebook changes to the races. They have more than one favored class now, and their paragon should reflect that.

Now are these going to be all completely balanced? Probably not, especially the elf paragon (and possibly the human), but these are in accordance to the new rules PF has delivered in their conversion rule download.

Drow Paragon - Change d6 hit die to d8.

Dwarf Paragon - Add Diverse Training (as per the PF version of the Eldritch Knight PrC) which adds the paragon levels to their Fighter levels and divine spellcasting (as opposed to the arcane spellcasting of the EK) levels for feat prereqs, and add +1 level of cleric at 2nd level. Change ability boost to be "CON or WIS" +2.

Elf Paragon - Change "+1 level of wizard" to "+1 level of wizard or ranger". Change ability boost to be "INT or WIS" +2. Updates, unknown. Maybe add +1 level at 1st.

Gnome Paragon - Change d6 hit die to d8. Change "level of bard" to "level of bard or sorcerer."

Half-Dragon Paragon - Add +1 to existing arcane spellcaster level at 2nd.

Half-Elf Paragon - Add +1 level of existing class at 3rd level.

Half-Orc Paragon - Change d8 hit die to d10. Add +1 level of druid at 2nd level. Change ability boost to be "STR or WIS" +2.

Halfling Paragon - Change d6 hit die to d8. Add +1 level of bard at 2nd level. Change ability boost to be "DEX or CHA" +2.

Human Paragon - Unknown. Maybe +1 existing at 1st level like the elf paragon.

Orc Paragon - Unknown. Maybe add Rage 1/day at 2nd level like their half breed version.

Tiefling Paragon - Add +1 level of existing class at 2nd level. Maybe to 3rd level as well?

All skills will be changed as per the Pathfinder Conversion rules: Acrobatics (Balance, Jump, Tumble), Concentration, Gather Information, Open Lock, and Use Rope is removed, Linguistics (Decipher Script, Forgery), Perception (Listen, Search, Spot), Stealth (Hide, Move Silently).

Not sure on the saves though. Paragons aren't exactly a PrC, but they could be. If so, then all strong saves are +1, not +2, and the progression is faster. For example, humans which normally are +0/+0/+3 at 2nd and +1/+1/+3 at 3rd level, will now be +1/+1/+1 and +1/+1/+2, respectfully.

Be sure to let me know your thoughts.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 06:21:20 PM by kevin_video »
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Upgrading Paragons for Pathfinder
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 06:21:32 PM »
Updated it a bit.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.