Author Topic: Let's Go Super Ultra Freeform?  (Read 34810 times)

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
Re: Let's Go Super Ultra Freeform?
« Reply #220 on: February 17, 2010, 06:56:37 AM »
Multiple Worlds Theory would merge the various worlds together.

I'd be able to run after this week, maybe earlier.
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #221 on: February 17, 2010, 06:23:24 PM »
Depending on how long a DMing round is supposed to be, I can probably do it - it's not like I'm doing anything I should be doing with my time anyway. :P

Switched to a theme song with a more yurilicious PV and moved some skills around. I think I'm ready.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #222 on: February 17, 2010, 08:00:06 PM »
So, how to kick it off? Do you want to retcon that the new party defeated those meteor things?
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #223 on: February 18, 2010, 12:59:17 AM »
Who's running?
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #224 on: February 18, 2010, 01:21:33 AM »
So, how to kick it off? Do you want to retcon that the new party defeated those meteor things?
Thing landed in the temple/dojo's backyard, and the superpowered goodies who live there kicked its ass like it aint no thing but a chicken wing. Story continues. "Where the hell did it come from?" they all ask. Yada yada.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #225 on: February 18, 2010, 06:41:04 AM »
Meanwhile, in an alternate timeline....
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #226 on: February 18, 2010, 06:47:02 AM »
Gonna start the ball rolling.

Maiko won't be involved in this plot arc except as a referee and safety officer.

Let us begin !
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #227 on: February 18, 2010, 05:35:50 PM »
I believe I've stated my reservations on Earth having formal dealings with the TSAB - it gives them too many magical resources. Either they aren't aware of the TSAB (who may or may not have a permanent presence there), or the top guys are extremely racist.

While it's never explicitly stated, I'd imagine that the TSAB has some kind of Prime Directive given their history.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 05:37:25 PM by Prime32 »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #228 on: February 18, 2010, 05:39:17 PM »
I believe I've stated my reservations on Earth having formal dealings with the TSAB - it gives them too many magical resources. Either they aren't aware of the TSAB (who may or may not have a permanent presence there), or the top guys are extremely racist.

While it's never explicitly stated, I'd imagine that the TSAB has some kind of Prime Directive given their history.
Maybe they greeted nanoha with tanks when she first came back home, and she vaporized them all and then set an ultimatum for them to stop producing nuclear weapons? :D

Wait, I think I got the wrong movie.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #229 on: February 18, 2010, 05:42:50 PM »
Well, they did let Admiral Graham "retire" to Earth, but IIRC he was born there and may have had his powers sealed.
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #230 on: February 18, 2010, 05:56:58 PM »
The three human A-bombs also stayed on earth IIRC, at least until they moved to Midchilda after graduating, so there doesn't seem to be a hard ban. It's just a planet with very few mages, so there's little reason to go there.

EDIT: So I just noticed that Recurring Nightmares actually gives +2 points rather than +1, so I have an extra point to spend. :P
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 07:41:06 PM by Agita »

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #231 on: February 18, 2010, 10:28:33 PM »
Its not difficult to see that now with the rise of Nanoha and Hayate and the retirement of Gil Graham, Earth might be getting renewed interest as potential recruitment and future 'let's work with the natives to ensure they use clean energy like magic so that they continue to thrive' partners.

So on that count, let's assume that whatever form TSAB took on Earth, there won't be any mention of space travel and all that jazz, but disguised in some more innocuous form.

Just like Mahora Academy. Maybe TSAB had an official approved and living and teaching amogst other mages.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #232 on: February 18, 2010, 10:50:35 PM »
Well, I've seen theories that the organisation the OCs in Battle Moon Wars (Takumi and Haruna) work for is actually a covert branch of the TSAB (partly based on their weapon designs). The organisation is described as relatively small and new, but has an advantage over the Mage's Association and the Church in that it is well-grounded in Japan and its members have all sorts of local contacts.

The reason the TSAB hasn't done anything bigger than that is because the Nasuverse is filled with all kinds of weird monsters and guys with inexplicable powers (IIRC, in Triangle Heart 3, Nanoha's friends were originally a ghost and a vampire, so it fits).
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 11:03:33 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #233 on: February 18, 2010, 11:31:41 PM »
Yeah so it fits. Let's just move on and get the game going.

At the least the game is running.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #234 on: February 18, 2010, 11:38:59 PM »

I personally reckon they have a policy against open dealings on worlds with low magical culture(i.e. magic is more or less a secret), which basically means no official armed interference for anything that's purely local, as well as no flashy business without setting Barriers up first to contain the sights, sounds and damage.

They can tip off local and private(1 man powerhouses, aka PCs) forces though I wager, if theres indications of something big about to happen.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #235 on: February 19, 2010, 12:10:06 PM »
Apart from Prime who has reservations.

Are you guys going to join this arc of the game or shall we wait for Prime to run his scenario instead.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #236 on: February 19, 2010, 12:16:03 PM »
I'll be joining in once the weekend is over, and I can spare the time to finish off my character properly.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #237 on: February 19, 2010, 12:18:15 PM »
I'll be joining in once the weekend is over, and I can spare the time to finish off my character properly.
If I try now it'd be attempted suicide.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #238 on: February 19, 2010, 12:25:40 PM »
Apart from Prime who has reservations.

Are you guys going to join this arc of the game or shall we wait for Prime to run his scenario instead.
You seem to overestimate what I mean by reservations.

Mind if I drop in an NPC or two?
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #239 on: February 19, 2010, 12:28:17 PM »
I'm okay with it and may or may not post today, depending entirely on whether I get caught up doing something else (or nothing at all). :P

Shouldn't we recycle the old OOC thread? It seems weird to still be posting here when we're already starting a game thread.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 08:02:11 PM by Agita »