Author Topic: Let's Go Super Ultra Freeform?  (Read 34903 times)

HeadofVecna

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: Let's Go Super Ultra Freeform?
« Reply #180 on: February 10, 2010, 06:39:43 PM »
Here's what I have so far on my character. His background still needs to be written up, plus there are some points left to spend, and all his other forms to stat out.

Kuroto Marko
[spoiler]

Attributes

Str: 06
Dex: 08
Con: 20
Int: 10
Wis: 10
Cha: 06

Combat Stats

Initiative: -1 (-1 dex)
BAB: 0 ; Defense: 8 (4 base 4 dodge)
Toughness: 5 (5 con); Fort: +5; Ref: +5; Will: +5

Feats

Benefit - Diplomatic Immunity, Wealth (2)
Dodge Focus (4)
Evasion (2)
Hide in Plain Sight

Skills

Notice 8 (8)
Stealth 11 (12)

Null Assimilation Field
Drain: all traits at once (Power Rank 10) (point cost 87) (points per rank 7)
Extras: Alternate Save - will (+0), Area - general burst (+1), Selective (+1)
Flaws: Flaw name (points per rank modifier)
Power Feats:  Affects Insubstantial (2), Precise (1), Reversible (1), Sedation (5), Selective (1), Slow Fade (1), Subtle (2),
Alternate Power(Set 1)
Psychic Bleed
Mind Reading (Power Rank 10) (1) (points per rank 5)
Extras: Action - free (+3), No Saving Throw (+2)
Flaws: Limited to Mind Probe (-1)
Alternate Power(Set 2)
Memory Erasure
Mental Transform (Power Rank 10) (2) (points per rank 6)
Extras: Alternate Save - Will (+0), Area - general burst (+1), Duration - Continuous (+1), No Saving Throw (+2), Selective (+1)
Flaws: Action - full (-1), Range - touch (-1)
Power Feats:  Subtle (2)
Drawbacks: Action - minute (-1)

Void Energy Transform!
Morph (Power Rank 5) (point cost 3) (points per rank 2)
Flaws: Action (-1 move action)
Power Feats:  Metamorph (1)
Drawbacks: One-Way Transformation (-3)
Effect: effect type
Action: action type
Range: range type
Area: area, if any
Duration: duration type
Saving Throw save type

Complications

Owned: Kuroto Genkei - Marko's father may be emotionally distant and generally unavailable, but he keeps a tight leash on his child through intermediaries.
Prejudice (Reputation?): Butt Monkey
Accident : More Butt Monkey
Flavor complications: Pretty much anything from Shinji Ikari's Tropes is fair game.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #181 on: February 10, 2010, 06:50:43 PM »
So from what I gather fromt he sheet, he's basically a personification of void/nothingness? :D
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #182 on: February 10, 2010, 06:55:08 PM »
Flay: IIRC, you can't improve Toughness as you can other saves - only Con and misc modifiers from feats apply to it, no base bonuses.
:twitch :mad :ahem :grave :flame :wall :bash :chairhit :beathorse *squelchbleh* Sorry, aneurysm.... thaaaaaaank you! Fixing that now.... also, totally missed the 1/2 of defense = dodge bonus part, so double thanks.
Wait..... are you sure? The core book just counts it as among the four saving throws, and seems to alude to a base save as of page 14. Just making sure.
Let's see... The dojo technically belongs to Maiko, while the shrine belongs to my character. I guess the two have that sort of "not-quite-living-together" thing going on that you sometimes see in harem series/eroges? :P In any case, there should be room for Rinzen to join in, especially if either or both of the dojo and shrine contain some sort of living quarters. He might have been eventually referred to Yayoi Shrine eventually by virtue of the combination of miko+sword-based martial arts+nearby dojo.
Well, that and he was being trained by tengu... it'd make more sense for them to send him to the tengu-swordwoman first, and by virtue of that the dojo. But then again, that would assume the Tengu from the mountain (cookie for those who get the reference) would have heard of or knew you. How likely is that? (In anime? Probably quite.)

Alright, looking back over fearsome presence.... how much does that suck if not boosted to high levels? I'm thinking of removing it, since chances seem decent that people'll make the save, bummer, because overall I liked the idea. Kind of the crushing reiatsu/overwhelming chi thing found in so many series.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 06:57:27 PM by Flay Crimsonwind »

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #183 on: February 10, 2010, 11:57:49 PM »
Let's see... The dojo technically belongs to Maiko, while the shrine belongs to my character. I guess the two have that sort of "not-quite-living-together" thing going on that you sometimes see in harem series/eroges? :P In any case, there should be room for Rinzen to join in, especially if either or both of the dojo and shrine contain some sort of living quarters. He might have been eventually referred to Yayoi Shrine eventually by virtue of the combination of miko+sword-based martial arts+nearby dojo.
Well, that and he was being trained by tengu... it'd make more sense for them to send him to the tengu-swordwoman first, and by virtue of that the dojo. But then again, that would assume the Tengu from the mountain (cookie for those who get the reference) would have heard of or knew you. How likely is that? (In anime? Probably quite.)

Let's just say that you'll find a high school girl who owns the dojo. You're not sure if she's Tengu or not. So its up to you if you want Maiko as your teacher.

Your arrival would be after alot of things that had happened to the dojo and shrine.

Alright, looking back over fearsome presence.... how much does that suck if not boosted to high levels? I'm thinking of removing it, since chances seem decent that people'll make the save, bummer, because overall I liked the idea. Kind of the crushing reiatsu/overwhelming chi thing found in so many series.

Either Emotion Control for Fear or Gravity Control to pull people down and inflict a crushing feeling.

EDIT: Yay managed to get a very big (500ft) dojo !
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 12:26:43 AM by Nick »
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #184 on: February 11, 2010, 02:07:37 AM »
You can just buy Protection for Toughness ramping up.
EDIT: RE the matter of Permanent Alternate powers, theres indeed nothing keeping you from doing that, except that if you for example, have an array of 6 Permanent powers and switched to it, you must activate all of them with all possible available actions. Might be tricky if you had Permanent powers with use times above Free I guess.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 06:13:03 AM by veekie »
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

HeadofVecna

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #185 on: February 11, 2010, 07:10:37 AM »
So from what I gather fromt he sheet, he's basically a personification of void/nothingness? :D
Yes and no. At his heart, he's an awkward kid with low self-esteem. His Null Assimilation Field, at least started as a psychic ability to drain/siphon paranormal and mental energies. But, being forced into doing that trick on a being that was a personification of the void, gave him the ability to collapse his body into 'dark energy'. He's terrified of doing this, as it takes hours to change back to human form, and he's never sure that he will be able to change back. But while transformed, he'll have an vaguely Decade-like versatility all within the constraints and theme of being a living void and/or living black hole.

I am thinking that it might be cool to have his dad foist Marko upon the dojo. There, he'd be the worst student there, a horrible embarrassment to all involved, with no aptitude for swordsmanship, yet unable to quit or be thrown out. Does that sound OK to you?

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #186 on: February 11, 2010, 10:41:58 AM »
I'm suddenly glad its a 500 square feet prime property....

Prime, your call. a 500ft square feet base is based on it being flat or can I have like 2-3 levels of each 500ft.

And erm Vecna, sure your boy can join the Dojo.

But...why? The Dojo and Shrine combo was originally meant for a rather 'private' love nest between Maiko and Kagura. You guys aren't even the right gender !  :banghead
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 12:50:44 PM by Nick »
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #187 on: February 11, 2010, 01:07:08 PM »
But...why? The Dojo and Shrine combo was originally meant for a rather 'private' love nest between Maiko and Kagura. You guys aren't even the right gender !  :banghead
Yep, that's what leads to the party strife! Come on, Ranma 1/2, Tenchi Muyo, you can't have a couple without unwanted pests trashing their dojo-shrines and irritating the shit out of the both of them!

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #188 on: February 11, 2010, 01:19:14 PM »
:lol
Aw, between a 500x500 ft. dojo and an idyllic shrine in the woods, I'm sure there'll be some room for 'private time'. ;)
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #189 on: February 11, 2010, 01:31:39 PM »
Size upgrade to 1000ft.

Now I can justfy an underground complex as big as Urahara's basement.

Remember to get your own shrine Agita. Base wealth is 8. +2 if you have a profession of 5 ranks and above and any Wealth function of the Benefits feat.

And your shrine should have a waterfall. My dojo has hotsprings already.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #190 on: February 11, 2010, 01:34:49 PM »
Size upgrade to 1000ft.

Now I can justfy an underground complex as big as Urahara's basement.

Remember to get your own shrine Agita. Base wealth is 8. +2 if you have a profession of 5 ranks and above and any Wealth function of the Benefits feat.
Are we using the wealth system? I was under the impression that was an alternate to the equipment points system.

And your shrine should have a waterfall. My dojo has hotsprings already.
Of course. I even included it in the short description of the shrine. ;)

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #191 on: February 11, 2010, 01:38:15 PM »
I'm not sure what system we're using but hell, if everyone's gonna crash in on our joint I say we get to take whatever we can get.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #192 on: February 11, 2010, 01:51:11 PM »
Yep, that's what leads to the party strife! Come on, Ranma 1/2, Tenchi Muyo, you can't have a couple without unwanted pests trashing their dojo-shrines and irritating the shit out of the both of them!
Freeloading complications eh, always a good reason for everyone to pile up.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #193 on: February 11, 2010, 02:14:53 PM »
But...why? The Dojo and Shrine combo was originally meant for a rather 'private' love nest between Maiko and Kagura. You guys aren't even the right gender !  :banghead
Freeloading complications eh, always a good reason for everyone to pile up.
Bleach (in the newest chapters, poor Orihime), Rurouni Kenshin (looking at you, Sano... which is totally NOT my charrie...), Yu Yu Hakusho, Dragon Ball (Z), FLCL.... god damn, does any anime NOT do this? (Aside from Azumanga Daioh, and even then...)

I'm not sure what system we're using but hell, if everyone's gonna crash in on our joint I say we get to take whatever we can get.
I don't sleep, guys, so don't worry about my room.... thought I should mention it.....

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #194 on: February 11, 2010, 08:33:38 PM »
I don't sleep, guys, so don't worry about my room.... thought I should mention it.....

Guard duty for you !
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #195 on: February 11, 2010, 09:03:01 PM »
So can anyone summon shikigami? Because that's a pretty common Onmyouji spell.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #196 on: February 11, 2010, 10:30:36 PM »
Not shikigami per se, but yes I can.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #197 on: February 11, 2010, 11:14:43 PM »
More of a matter of where to stop actually, Summon is so wide spanning you could spend quite a while just dealing with it.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #198 on: February 12, 2010, 04:47:03 AM »
More of a matter of where to stop actually, Summon is so wide spanning you could spend quite a while just dealing with it.
Actually, I'd thought I'd already made that one of my mahou-ken spells (it's all oni-magic, ken is only there because it's coming from my sword's instructions, read: the ogre in the swords instructions). The name would be something along the mines of Sword-Magic: Bidding, or Slave. My names are basically Sword-Magic (Mahou-ken) followed by a single word or short phrase for the spell's effect. Alternate words could be enslave, or something else dubious. Nothing about his swords powers should look good or right in any way.  :smirk

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #199 on: February 12, 2010, 07:42:10 AM »
I'll make arrangements for your characters to train underground instead.

And I wonder how would our base tie in with whatever UN organization.
[spoiler][/spoiler]