Author Topic: D&D 3.5ed Rogue question  (Read 1493 times)

druid 13

• Monkey bussiness
D&D 3.5ed Rogue question
« on: January 29, 2010, 02:31:24 PM »
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but, I am playing a rogue in a very low magic campaign and my character is currently outside of a room with two armed guards inside. There is an additional room joined to the first.
The situation is, I'm trying to find a way to get past the guards without them seeing me and get into the second room, assassinate the warden of the prison and escape undetected.
I can't think of a way to get past the guards inside the room.
My character is a rogue5/invisible blade5, Skills are , Hide+15, Move silent+14, Bluff+17. The only magic item I have is a cloak of spider climbing, but the window outside is barred.
Thank you in advance. if you can think of a solution, you are awesome!

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
Re: D&D 3.5ed Rogue question
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 02:39:24 PM »
A use of the Hide skill depicted in Complete Adventurer is exactly what you need.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 09:55:48 PM »
I believe the classic method is to arrange for a loud noisy distraction(e.g. set a fire) to bait the guards from their post. And if you can't get rid of both, one guy is easier to get past than two.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

druid 13

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 02:38:46 PM »
I decided to create a distraction. I searched the other rooms and found an armory.
Then I took some of the weapons and piled them outside the door to the armory. I grabbed a sword and moved to the other side of the hall hid and thrwe the weapon down the hall.
The sound drew the guards out and I shot them in the back with poisoned hand crossbow bolts.
Thanks for the help.