Author Topic: Stunner/Stunning fist  (Read 12476 times)

ragnarokschosen

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Stunner/Stunning fist
« on: January 28, 2010, 06:52:03 PM »
I'm looking for builds that optimise stunning... specificaly stunning fist though any ability to stun is fair game...
something that can be somewhat played 3-20
any wotc book cept UA.
The game is mostly Ebberon though any setting stuff can be used.

Any one got any good builds?

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
Re: Stunner/Stunning fist
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 06:55:32 PM »
Sorcerer->Wings of Flurry->Spellwarp Sniper ;)
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 06:56:33 PM »
to many things are immune to stun.

Argent Fist lets you add +10 to the DC if you take it full IIRC.

Negative Zero

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 07:43:14 PM »
Boomerang Daze (Races of Eberron) is probably a lot more effective.

ragnarokschosen

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 07:46:22 PM »
ya i know there are alot of things immune and its prolly not optimal... I just enjoy the mechanic of it... plus i wanted to see if there are any creative combos.

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 07:54:34 PM »
Isn't there some shield bashing feat that stuns or dazes?
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

ragnarokschosen

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 07:55:45 PM »
ya shield charge

Garryl

• Hong Kong
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 08:27:26 PM »
White Raven Hammer (WR8) and War Master's Charge (WR9) can each stun a target with no save, although you have to hit the target to do so.
A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
General listing of my homebrew.
Links to things I've worked on
[spoiler]
Idiot Crusader, refreshing maneuvers for free every round.
The Opposed Checks Handbook - Under construction.
Adaptations Handbook - Under construction.
[/spoiler]

lans

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 09:25:38 PM »
Boomerang Daze (Races of Eberron) is probably a lot more effective.

I'll second this, expecially with the throwing prestige class from Bo9S
Skill prodigy from Kingdoms of Kalamar

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 10:50:51 PM »
Pharaoh's Fist + Pain Touch: When you use Stunning Fist, every creature in a burst is stunned, then nauseated on the next round.

See also
Freezing the Lifeblood
Rapid Stunning

Then there's the Stunning Master feat and Fist of Dal Quor PrC, which let you use Stunning Fist with anything.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 10:55:43 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

BoB - Lord of Evil

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 11:46:57 PM »
any sorcerer/wizard caster with the appropriate spells can do well with stunning, unfortunately best spell (stun ray) is level 7 but spells like electric loop, grt thunderclap and icelance will get you there if the only objective is to cause stunning. vs mooks a dragon breath/stunning breath should leave them all reeling
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Negative Zero

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 12:18:00 AM »
Ki Straps (MIC) give a +2 to the DC. A casting of Owl's Insight from a friendly Druid would be a lot of help.

ragnarokschosen

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2010, 10:56:37 AM »
Pharaoh's Fist + Pain Touch: When you use Stunning Fist, every creature in a burst is stunned, then nauseated on the next round.

See also
Freezing the Lifeblood
Rapid Stunning

Then there's the Stunning Master feat and Fist of Dal Quor PrC, which let you use Stunning Fist with anything.

Where is that PRC what book or where can i find it?

Milamber

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2010, 10:59:00 AM »
Currently playing a VoP Saint Monk. He has ~13 stuns / day with a DC of ~30.
In my adventure everybody is undead though so that's already the end of the story.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2010, 12:16:45 PM »

See also
Freezing the Lifeblood
Rapid Stunning

Where is that PRC what book or where can i find it?
The last two items are in Secrets of Sarlona, which also happens to be where the Tashalatora feat is located. Take no more than two levels of monk, then take the remainder of your levels in psychic warrior. Your bonus feat from the first level of that class will be Tashalatora.
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

ragnarokschosen

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2010, 02:38:15 PM »
does psywarrior actualy add any thing to the stunning aspect or is it just for versatility/buffs?

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2010, 03:05:22 PM »
does psywarrior actualy add any thing to the stunning aspect or is it just for versatility/buffs?
What it adds is "not being a monk". :p You still progress unarmed damage, flurry and AC bonus from your PW levels though. Also, some bonus feats.
My work

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2010, 03:34:59 PM »
What it adds is "not being a monk". :p You still progress unarmed damage, flurry and AC bonus from your PW levels though. Also, some bonus feats.
don't forget expansion  :P
(though, I suppose that would fall under "buffs" -- but it's a biggie (no pun intended -- wow, that was a double one, wasn't it?  wait ... double pun .... pun-pun AAAARRRRRGH it always goes back to him, doesn't it?))
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 03:38:48 PM by wotmaniac »

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

ragnarokschosen

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2010, 05:05:00 PM »

I wasn't sure... as i ws thinking about going 1-2 levels of monk then taking a few levels of fighter... as some of the stun feats are fighter feats.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2010, 05:19:13 PM »

I wasn't sure... as i ws thinking about going 1-2 levels of monk then taking a few levels of fighter... as some of the stun feats are fighter feats.
Psychic warrior's bonus feats can be either fighter or psionic feats. They come a little less often, but you'll be better off with all the self-buffs you can use. Take two levels of fighter at most.
My work