Author Topic: Eberron - Red Hand of Doom (applications closed)  (Read 31240 times)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Damn this thread moves fast, any room left?
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
Bowen hasn't chosen anyone yet specifically and it's still technically up in the air if the game will happen, but we're all interested so let's hope it does. :P

I'll get busy polishing up the build. Tomorrow's busy for me (have to get up early to meet with a graduation advisor, then covering a few hours for someone at work, then I'm running a live game of 4E), so I might not have it ready right away.

I think it would be strong.  ;)

I know I won't be able to do much besides Wands, BFC and fly. And any situation where being a dog is helpful. I'm sure there are some...

EDIT: I could scout really well I guess. We find some way to remotely communicate and I walk 100 yards ahead of everyone. Who's going to attack a dog on the side of the road?
I can follow behind you, invisible, and use all my level 0 slots for Message. :P
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 05:05:41 AM by VennDygrem »

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
Fixing up my prefered build of a melee sneaker, meant for puttin on the killing... got one flaw, one trait, and an acf for the rage that I'd love a yae or nae on, same as if sublime way ranger is okay.

Focuses on the blood in the water/Tiger Claw discipline with, of course, kukri's, plus a bit of either Iron Heart (probably, for the double-strike maneuver and such) or Stone Dragon (for the control aspect of nuking foes options), with the barest shadow hand, for some fairly awesome sneaky killing or mass butchery.
[spoiler]
Dark Human Barbarian 2 / Sublime Way Ranger 2
15 - 16 - 14 - 12 - 14 - 10
(1) Power Attack (Is this viable in a twf kukri build? I just automatically slot that into melee...
(1) Two Weapon Fighting *Flaw*
(1) Combat Reflexes *Human*
(3) Extra Rage
(3) Track *Ranger Bonus*
------------------------------------------------------------------
Nightsighted
Your eyes are particularly well suited to using darkvision, but they are less well adapted to what others consider normal light.
Benefit: Add 10 feet to the range of your darkvision.
Drawback: You take a -1 penalty on Spot checks when in areas of bright light.
Light Sensitivity [Flaw, Dragon #328]
Accustomed only to the darker places in the world, your eyes open much wider than normal, making it difficult for you to see in bright light.
Prerequisite: Darkvision.
Benefit: You become dazzled in bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell. A dazzled creature takes a -1 penalty on attack rolls, Search checks, and Spot checks.
Ferocity (Alternate Class feature: Replaces Rage)
Where most barbarians define themselves by nigh-unstoppable rage, a few streetfighters and urban warriors have mastered different techniques. By working up a surge of adrenaline, they hit just as hard, and substantially faster, than their counterparts, while dodging the inevitable counterattack.
Benefit: Once per day, the barbarian can enter a state of adrenaline-fueled fury, increasing both his physical might and his reaction time. He temporarily gains a +4 bonus to Strength and a +4 bonus to Dexterity, but he takes a -2 penalty on ranged attack rolls beyond short range (30 feet).
He can enter this state as an immediate action, even when flat-footed at the start of combat, so he may apply the enhanced Dexterity modifier to his initiative check.
While in a state of ferocity, the barbarian cannot use any Charisma- or Intelligence-based skills (except for Intimidate), the Concentration skill, or any abilities that require patience or concentration, nor can he cast spells or activate magic items that require a command word, a spell trigger (such as a wand), or spell completion (such as a scroll) to function. He can use any feat he has except item creation feats and metamagic feats. Ferocity lasts for a number of rounds equal to 4 + his Constitution modifier (if positive). The barbarian may prematurely end his state of ferocity. At the end of ferocity, he loses the ferocity modifiers and restrictions and become sickened (-2 on all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks) for the duration of the current encounter (unless he is a 17th-level barbarian, at which point this limitation no longer applies). Abilities that normally render him immune to being sickened (such as the Strong Stomach feat, Cityscape 64) reduce the penalties to -1, but do not remove them entirely.
The barbarian can invoke ferocity only once per encounter. At 1st level he can use this ability once per day. At 4th level and every four levels thereafter, he can use it one additional time per day (to a maximum of six times per day at 20th level).[/spoiler]As is, it'll probably grab the power attack boosters (leap attack, yay tiger claw) and TWFing boosts, though this is kind of a new strategy for me (the dex AND str using melee.... usually focus one or another...) so I'd love the imput. I'm basically trying to provide us a sneak while also making a raw killing machine. Yes, true, with an obvious character template.  :p
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 05:41:56 AM by Flay Crimsonwind »

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
Metabreath feats... how do you feel about these Bowen? Just pretend like my Breath Weapon has a recharge time of 0 rounds then add to that? Not use them at all? 

If you want me to still qualify for them RAW, I could take Power Surge from Dragon 313. It lets me add a recharge time of 1 round in exchange for +1DC or +1 damage per die.

Yeah, use Power Surge for that please :)
I'd like to keep everything as RAW as possible.

If I don't use Power Surge but still use a Metabreath feat, does it get delayed? I assume it just gets delayed by 0+X, with X being the amount from the feat?

EDIT: Can I use Wilding Clasps with Change Shape? Does that work?
I'm gonna say if you want to use Metabreath, you'll have to use Power Surge as well on the same breath weapon.

As for items, I'll cut you some slack and say that all magic items except for armor resizes and reshapes for your new form.
As for the armor, IIRC there's an enhancement for that in OA. You'll want to get that if you plan on wearing armor.

Sound fair?
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Ok, here's what I got so far. I'll be developing it here, just so I don't have to dig through here to find it, and then worry about the thread being locked when the game starts...

[spoiler]
Flumph the...
Magic-blooded Dragonborn Mineral Warrior (in that order) Mongrelfolk Human paragon 1/bard 1/crusader 2

base +4 Con, -2 Int, -4 Cha
magic-blooded Cha +2, Wis -2
dragonborn +2 Con, -2 Dex
mineral warrior +2 Strength, +4 Con, -2 Int (minimum 1), -2 Wis, -2 Cha

Total mods: +2 Str, +10 Con, -4 int, -4 Wis, -4 Cha, -2 Dex

Stat buy (36 pts) (this may change, and does not include leveling or item bonuses):
Str 16 (14+2race)
Con 24 (14+10 race)
Dex 12 (14-2race)
Int 10 (14-4 race)
Wis 10 (14-4 race)
Cha 10 (14-4 race)

Progression:
1 Crusader 1 Stone Power, Combat Reflexes (flaw), Extra Readied Maneuver (flaw), Tortured Soul (bonus, see below)
2 Human Paragon 1
3 Bard 1 Song of the White Raven
4 Crusader 2 (Starting out here, due to LA)
5 Crusader 3 Deformity: Tall (bonus)
6 Crusader 4 MS: Thicket of Blades
7 HuP2 Deformity: Madness (bonus)

Tortured Soul (good version of Willing Deformity)
Prereq: Any good. Must have been tortured by evil creatures.
Benefits: You've suffered terrible things at the hands of evil-doers, and although physically scarred, you've emerged stronger for it. This strength is inspirational to those you interact with. You gain a +2 to Diplomacy checks. This feat also allows you to qualify for Deformity feats without being evil. Any deformities you have were inflicted upon you, and although you didn't ask for them, you will use them for the powers of good.

Instead of being devoted to an Elder Evil, Flumph is devoted to an ancient force of good (Eberron, the progenitor dragon?). This grants him bonus feats at 1st level and every 5 levels.

Items: Wand of Inspirational Boost (in a wand chamber), Badge of Valor?, ?

Backstory
Despite being born as a slave to (insert appropriate inhuman monsters here, probably daelkyr or mindflayers), Flumph has always been an eternal optimist. His inhuman appearance and bizarre abilities are a result of his people having been (in)bred and magically experimented on for generations by X. Flumph once escaped his captors and lived in relative peace in a colony of other escaped slaves briefly, devoting himself to (whatever passes for Bahamut). However, he was recaptured after all too brief of a time period. Finding his new appearance and devotion enticing, his captors decided to further experiment on him, for their amusement in their gladitorial arena. They imbued him with the strength of the earth, but this new endurance eventually aided him in his eventual escape.

His inhuman appearance is off-putting to some at first, but his enthusiasm for life often wins over many that can overcome their initial prejudice against him.[/spoiler]

I could use some help adapting this to Eberron, as it would fit perfectly into any other campaign. He could have been raised in the underdark as a mindflayer/drow slave...
Looks good to me.
And Agita had some good ideas to add to the fluff :)

No Stand Still or Tripping though?
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Looks like so far there's the Crusader (tank/melee support), DfA (blaster), and Warblade (melee something-or-other).

Looks like we need crowd control. BC and more AoE damage. Hmm...
I'll have 20 ft reach and combat reflexes to start, and add Thicket of Blades and maybe Stand Still later. And a bit of healing.

Oh yeah, and a couple of questions: Can I retrain maneuvers and stances for higher level ones as I go up in levels? And if so, what does it take? Just retraining, psychic reformation, etc?

And does Song of the White Raven stack for number of bardic music usages? Or just the bonus? If it is only the bonus... maybe the bard stuff isn't worth it... I have several other feats I'd like to get...
Sorry, it only allows your Crusader/Warblade and Bard levels to stack when determining the bonus granted, not for your uses per day, something I remembered late last night when I couldn't sleep.

Maybe focus more on the tanking and use some White Raven for party buffing? Might be able to throw in some debuffing with some Intimidate and Never Outnumbered etc.?

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Fixing up my prefered build of a melee sneaker, meant for puttin on the killing... got one flaw, one trait, and an acf for the rage that I'd love a yae or nae on, same as if sublime way ranger is okay.

Focuses on the blood in the water/Tiger Claw discipline with, of course, kukri's, plus a bit of either Iron Heart (probably, for the double-strike maneuver and such) or Stone Dragon (for the control aspect of nuking foes options), with the barest shadow hand, for some fairly awesome sneaky killing or mass butchery.
[spoiler]
Dark Human Barbarian 2 / Sublime Way Ranger 2
15 - 16 - 14 - 12 - 14 - 10
(1) Power Attack (Is this viable in a twf kukri build? I just automatically slot that into melee...
(1) Two Weapon Fighting *Flaw*
(1) Combat Reflexes *Human*
(3) Extra Rage
(3) Track *Ranger Bonus*
Nightsighted
Your eyes are particularly well suited to using darkvision, but they are less well adapted to what others consider normal light.
Benefit: Add 10 feet to the range of your darkvision.
Drawback: You take a -1 penalty on Spot checks when in areas of bright light.
Light Sensitivity [Flaw, Dragon #328]
Accustomed only to the darker places in the world, your eyes open much wider than normal, making it difficult for you to see in bright light.
Prerequisite: Darkvision.
Benefit: You become dazzled in bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell. A dazzled creature takes a -1 penalty on attack rolls, Search checks, and Spot checks.
Ferocity (Alternate Class feature: Replaces Rage)
Where most barbarians define themselves by nigh-unstoppable rage, a few streetfighters and urban warriors have mastered different techniques. By working up a surge of adrenaline, they hit just as hard, and substantially faster, than their counterparts, while dodging the inevitable counterattack.
Benefit: Once per day, the barbarian can enter a state of adrenaline-fueled fury, increasing both his physical might and his reaction time. He temporarily gains a +4 bonus to Strength and a +4 bonus to Dexterity, but he takes a -2 penalty on ranged attack rolls beyond short range (30 feet).
He can enter this state as an immediate action, even when flat-footed at the start of combat, so he may apply the enhanced Dexterity modifier to his initiative check.
While in a state of ferocity, the barbarian cannot use any Charisma- or Intelligence-based skills (except for Intimidate), the Concentration skill, or any abilities that require patience or concentration, nor can he cast spells or activate magic items that require a command word, a spell trigger (such as a wand), or spell completion (such as a scroll) to function. He can use any feat he has except item creation feats and metamagic feats. Ferocity lasts for a number of rounds equal to 4 + his Constitution modifier (if positive). The barbarian may prematurely end his state of ferocity. At the end of ferocity, he loses the ferocity modifiers and restrictions and become sickened (-2 on all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks) for the duration of the current encounter (unless he is a 17th-level barbarian, at which point this limitation no longer applies). Abilities that normally render him immune to being sickened (such as the Strong Stomach feat, Cityscape 64) reduce the penalties to -1, but do not remove them entirely.
The barbarian can invoke ferocity only once per encounter. At 1st level he can use this ability once per day. At 4th level and every four levels thereafter, he can use it one additional time per day (to a maximum of six times per day at 20th level).[/spoiler]As is, it'll probably grab the power attack boosters (leap attack, yay tiger claw) and TWFing boosts, though this is kind of a new strategy for me (the dex AND str using melee.... usually focus one or another...) so I'd love the imput. I'm basically trying to provide us a sneak while also making a raw killing machine. Yes, true, with an obvious character template.  :p

Sorry Flay, no homebrew. Everything that's been printed in a WotC book or Dragon Mag is okay though :)

Also, love the Exciter reference you made ;)

EDIT: Sorry buddy, but you were just a wee bit too late, no hard feelings I hope :)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 08:07:23 AM by BowenSilverclaw »

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Yay for spamposting :P

Okay, from the looks of it, so far we've got Agita, PhaedrusXY, Bearsarebrown, VennDygrem, Nanshork, Flay Crimsonwind and Veekie interested.

I won't be able to manage 7, I'll probably stick to the limit of 5.

Agita, Phaedrus and Bears can consider themselves in, seeing as they've already put in a lot of work and were the first 3 to express interest, as for the remaining two...
I don't wanna be random, so I'm gonna go with first come first serve.
Venn and Nanshork are in as the final two, sorry Flay and Veekie.

And yes, I'll definitely run this, it just might take a couple of weeks for it to get completely of the ground.

As for party roles, consider the following:
-BFC
-Tank
-Healing & Restoration
-DPS
-Buff
-Debuff
-Scout

And like I said before, try to make a durable character that can last for a couple of tough encounters without any rest ;)

« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 08:06:33 AM by BowenSilverclaw »

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
Re: Red Hand of Doom (applications closed)
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2010, 08:13:42 AM »
Woo, I'm in!

Alright, we obviously have the BFC taken care of.  Any other roles already been filled?
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2010, 08:25:24 AM »
Aww, oh well.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2010, 08:29:52 AM »
Phaedrus, not sure if you're interested, but this is one of my basic Crusader stubs.
Figured it couldn't hurt to post it :)

Barbarian 1 (Lion Totem; Wolf Totem; Whirling Frenzy) -Combat Reflexes, Stand Still, Wolf Berserker
Barbarian 2 - Improved Trip
Crusader 1 - Extra Granted Maneuver or Stone Power
Crusader 2 x
Crusader 3 x
Crusader 4 - Martial Stance (Thicket of Blades)

+8 to trip is pretty nice :)
One of those Intimidate-related feats (check Caedrus' Fear Handbook) paired with Never Outnumbered and maybe Extra Rage might provide some minor debuffing...

Just a thought :)

EDIT: @Bears, no Clinging or Lingering Breath metabreath?

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2010, 12:24:59 PM »
So I'm thinking, and Anima Mage only has d4 hit points like a wizard. Not very durable, I would still want to stay out of combat. Though, I'd have access to some nice spells to prevent getting hit, like mirror image and the like, and as for lasting a few encounters, Beguilers get a lot of spell slots and many of their lower level spells remain viable through the end.

Is it worthwhile going this route? If I take too many hits I'll be done-for. I could go with a build more focused on the Binder side and be a little tougher, while maintaining the daily versatility and endurance needed. Or I'll just have to try and boost my con at every opportunity and hope my spells keep me protected enough. :)

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2010, 12:32:44 PM »
Thanks so much for the slack on items. I was regretting my decision when I remembered that. Makes things much easier...

And I'm probably going to drop Rapid Recharge for Lingering. I think. I'm still working on it  :D

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2010, 12:36:01 PM »
So I'm thinking, and Anima Mage only has d4 hit points like a wizard. Not very durable, I would still want to stay out of combat. Though, I'd have access to some nice spells to prevent getting hit, like mirror image and the like, and as for lasting a few encounters, Beguilers get a lot of spell slots and many of their lower level spells remain viable through the end.

Is it worthwhile going this route? If I take too many hits I'll be done-for. I could go with a build more focused on the Binder side and be a little tougher, while maintaining the daily versatility and endurance needed. Or I'll just have to try and boost my con at every opportunity and hope my spells keep me protected enough. :)
As long as you have enough means to avoid getting hit, I think you should be fine with caster HP.

What I meant with durability wasn't just HP, it was staying power and the ability to keep going in general, so among other things having enough spell slots/class abilities per day to last a couple of tough encounters.

I think an Anima Mage should work fine. The only thing I could think of would be to go Wizard instead of Beguiler, but that's simply because of the Wizard's 'Toolbox' nature when compared to the Beguiler.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2010, 12:43:18 PM »
Depending on how much cheese Bowen will let you use in entering Anima Mage, you could start with binding as a 4th level Binder (with the full retinue), which means third-level vestiges, so you could use your daily bind on some survivability. Dahlver-Nar is fairly nice, as it gives NA and Shield Self. His moan could also be useful in dissuading attackers. Malphas gives you invisibility and awesome scouting, though I suppose you already get Invisibility on your list. Next level, Arete gives DR, +4 on a save, and some healing psionic powers. And when you get access to vestige metamagic, you can persist a Blur or something on yourself (and later, a Greater Mirror Image). You'll probably be fine, especially if we frontliners do our jobs. Perhaps rely less on vestiges that force saves and prioritize Con over Cha instead.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2010, 12:48:08 PM »
Woo, I'm in!

Alright, we obviously have the BFC taken care of.  Any other roles already been filled?

Probably more DPS and the Healing/Restoration route. Unfortunately there's no specific Practiced Spellcaster type feat for real Binders (only for feat Binders) so I won't be able to bind any vestiges higher than level 2 for a while if I go the anima mage route, meaning no Buer right away either. I can't even take Anima Mage until next level, and won't get higher than EBL of 7-8, or 9-10 for vestige levels. Hmm...

---pseudo-edit---
The reason I went with Beguiler was number of spells, primarily, and the versatility that comes with knowing all the spells of a given level upon hitting that point. Wizards are still useful, though. I'd just have to plan even more carefully in that case, rely even more on the Binder abilities if I run out of spells.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2010, 12:50:34 PM »
Woo, I'm in!

Probably more DPS and the Healing/Restoration route. Unfortunately there's no specific Practiced Spellcaster type feat for real Binders (only for feat Binders) so I won't be able to bind any vestiges higher than level 2 for a while if I go the anima mage route, meaning no Buer right away either. I can't even take Anima Mage until next level, and won't get higher than EBL of 7-8, or 9-10 for vestige levels. Hmm...
It's called Improved Binding. ;)

1 Beguiler 1 - Precocious Apprentice, [feat], [feat]
2 Binder 1 - Psychic Reformation [feat] to Improved Binding
3 Anima Mage 1 - [feat]
4 Anima Mage 2
Etcetera.
Neat, no? :D
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 12:52:49 PM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

PhaedrusXY

• Organ Grinder
  • Advanced Spambot
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2010, 12:57:39 PM »
Perhaps rely less on vestiges that force saves and prioritize Con over Cha instead.
Or enter it as a kobold sorcerer, so you can have both. :D Precocious App + Dragonwrought (and a metamagic feat) at first, then take Binder 1 at 3rd and Improved Binding, and you can start with two levels of Anima Mage already (or maybe 3 if you use feat retraining/psychic reformation). Then slap on all the crap that boosts your sorcerer caster level (Greater Draconic Rite + Sovereign Archtype).

But yeah, if you play it safe, stay behind the meatshields, and use things to avoid being hit at all (miss chance, mirror image, etc), I think you should be fine. If you do bind Dahlver Nar, you can stick Shield Self on me if you want, though. ;)

And... divine anima mage is pretty nice as well. You could enter as a cloistered cleric to get free feats via your domains, and then slap a persistent Mass Lesser Vigor on all of us. Also, Anima Mage + Divine Metamagic = insane amounts of free metamagic. :P
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 01:10:40 PM by PhaedrusXY »
[spoiler]
A couple of water benders, a dike, a flaming arrow, and a few barrels of blasting jelly?

Sounds like the makings of a gay porn film.
...thanks
[/spoiler]

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2010, 01:03:22 PM »
Random thought, with Change Shape can I turn into a different looking dog each time?

@Venn
Being a Binder will be really nice if you bind that unlimited healing thing. That sounds like it will be really helpful for this module. My understanding is that Beguilers have strong multi-target options. And we know that this being largely goblinoid, enchantment isn't totally useless!  :love

Between my breath and Phaedrus's Standstill, BFC is covered.
Binder + Beguiler is a preposterously strong Party Face too.
Dog mode + Binder/Beguiler is strong scouting.

PhaedrusXY

• Organ Grinder
  • Advanced Spambot
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2010, 01:10:48 PM »
Ok... you guys help me choose which would be the best out of the build options. I am probably focusing too much on defense, as I tend to do that, but from what I've heard of this mod that might not be a bad thing. :P I've listed all the progressions out to level 6, even though I'll be starting with only 4 character levels for the first couple of encounters.

Option 1: Fighter 1/bard 1/crusader 4

Progression:
1 Crusader 1 Stone Power, Tortured Soul (bonus, good version of Willing Deformity), Stand Still (flaw), Deformity: Tall (flaw)
2 Bard 1
3 Ftr 1 Song of the White Raven, Combat Reflexes (f1)
4 Crusader 2
5 Crusader 3 Deformity: Madness (bonus)
6 Crusader 4 MS: Thicket of Blades (or something else, if retraining of stances is allowed)

This will give me 20 foot reach + Thicket + Stand Still by 6th, immunity to mind affecting things, Stone Power, and bardic music. The bad thing is I only have one bardic music usage, and I burned a feat on it. I could take Extra Music, but that's just plain setting feats on fire. So I don't like this option much, anymore.

Option 2: Crusader 4/Ftr2
Martial Stance and Martial Strike (or whatever) are Ftr bonus feats. So I could ditch the bard stuff, and get another couple of stances/manuevers, including 3rd level ones, which I will lack without this (excluding Thicket).

Option 3: Crusader 4/Cleric 1/Ftr 1 for a ftr bonus, devotions, and magic item access...
Same feats, but I can take Extra Readied Maneuver instead of the bard feat, and get bonus feats/devotions from the cleric dip.

Option 4: Crusader 4/Warblade 1/Ftr 1 for a ftr bonus and the diamond mind counters...
Progression basically same as above, but with warblade taken at 5th to get IL3 for maneuver choices.

Warblade stuff I'm considering
Manuevers: Moment of Perfect Mind, Action Before Thought, Wall of Blades
Stance: Punishing Stance

Right now I'm leaning heavily towards the last two (3&4), but I can't decide between them. Option 2 might be nice as well, for a 3rd level maneuver/stance. My wisdom is going to be complete ass, so I won't be able to cast any actual spells, but magic item access is a decent benefit by itself. Of course, this might be a non-issue if we have a bunch of UMD/casters and I don't need this as much myself. It would open up the option of using a wand of Shield Other, though. So I could act as a hit point battery for the party.

I'm also not sure where I want to go after this as far as PrCs or whatever.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 01:16:56 PM by PhaedrusXY »
[spoiler]
A couple of water benders, a dike, a flaming arrow, and a few barrels of blasting jelly?

Sounds like the makings of a gay porn film.
...thanks
[/spoiler]